ADVERTISEMENT

Here we go again with Winston / Kinsman sued Jameis today

Originally posted by bigeasynole:
Originally posted by seminole817:
It's hard to imagine him not settling. Give her $2MM or whatever and make her go away forever. That sucks but it's probably the easiest thing to do. Her side has done some dumb things but this looks well timed.
That would just encourage more skanks from pulling this crap on others.
It may but I wouldn't base my decision on that if I was in his shoes. Selfishly, I hope he fights it.

Is JW being sued for $15M or $15MM

I was rubbing my eyes reading the news today. If it's $15M, I will pay off Erica. Amazing....

JW should counter sue and stop this nonsense. It's going to hurt him on draft day.

Now it's time to go on offense, and use EXACTLY what their camp and the feminists are using, propaganda. He should hold a press conference and announce a counter suit while stating that she was trying the "white women hurt by black man" racism to cash out.

BTW, if his attorneys are smart they will call for a dismissal based on lack of any evidence, they would be able to show the hearing with all the evidence that was presented to the former Supreme court judge..

Re: Is JW being sued for $15M or $15MM

how is this damaging? The Bucs legal staff knew this was coming. We all knew she was going to sue at some point.

Finally. Let them take it all the way to a jury trial. Have her take the stand and choose which of the false statements she wants to use. Have her talk about #cleatchasers and getting on her knees and back voluntarily. About her BAC lab results, that does not corroborate her story of being drugged. The rape exam that does not show she was raped, etc, etc.

Give me a few minutes while I go pop some popcorn, I will be right back,,,

Originally posted by kellylexy:
Finally. Let them take it all the way to a jury trial. Have her take the stand and choose which of the false statements she wants to use. Have her talk about #cleatchasers and getting on her knees and back voluntarily. About her BAC lab results, that does not corroborate her story of being drugged. The rape exam that does not show she was raped, etc, etc.

Give me a few minutes while I go pop some popcorn, I will be right back,,,
Exactly.

I'm sure her side is banking on a settlement. If I'm Winston and his lawyers I call their bluff and put her on the stand with a real cross-examination. Good luck there.

15,000 plus the right to seek punitive damages, which I'm sure will be in the millions.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Cornwell said counter suit would come if this happened. No way she will ever get a dime from Jameis.

Originally posted by DefNot...er2007:

Originally posted by Nolez29:

Originally posted by DefNotPanHandler2007:

If he settles I will be pissed.
Then write a check and send it to him for his defense fund.
Yeah, b/c the overall #1 pick in the NFL needs financial aid.
You ever paid for a team of lawyers to take a multimillion dollar civil action to trial? Paying them by the hour? Huge global corporations don't even like doing that. It's bad business.

And you have no right to be pissed if he makes a business decision, sparky. Remember the ESPN special on all the athletes that go broke? Listening to people like you is a good way to start him down that path.

Paying lawyers to fight her would maybe cost him 500k max. She's not likely to settle for less than that. It serves him no purpose to settle other than to have it all go away. Which, by the way, is the reason corporations settle...to avoid negative press. Not because it is more cost effective.

Re: Channel 4 news in jax on Jameis...

No settlement!

This gold digger needs to go down hard. She is a disgrace to every woman who was actually sexually assaulted.

The problem for Winston is her lawyers now get a chance to depose him too. If I was his criminal defense lawyer I wouldn't want that. Although the state attorneys office declined to charge him that doesn't mean they can't change their mind once his deposition is taken. He could still assert his fifth amendment right but I believe in a civil suit that could be used against him. Do I think he did it --- no. I read all the reports and think it's b.s. But as his lawyer I still wouldn't want him to face questioning from her lawyers. In hindsight I think he should have done what Nick Anderson did when he faced a similar allegation years ago. Take a polygraph and give a prepared statement at a press conference, show the polygraph results, and challenge her to take one too. Clune is a better lawyer than a lot of people here think. The chess game is on.

Does that
Originally posted by AllNoles:
Wrong.

She was smart. She waited until he moved out of state
to sue him. Now he's not a Florida resident. I assume she filed in
state court. The venue statute provides:

47.011 Where actions may be begun.-Actions shall be brought only in the county where the defendant resides, where the cause of action accrued, or where the property in litigation is located. This section shall not apply to actions against nonresidents.

A non-resident can be sued in any county of the state. Metnick & Levy, P.A. v. Seuling, 123 So. 3d 639 (Fla. 4th DCA 2013).
doed this apply if the person was a resident at the time of the incident? Also, how do you know what JW5 address is? This can be very debatable. If he has a current FDLE and did not change it back to AL then he would likely be considered an FL resident still. Plus why would he proactively change his residency staus if he is likely going to get a large signing bonus from a team in a state with no income tax? Doesn't seem like he would be in a hurry to establish residency in another state when he just left school in January.

Re: Here we go again with Winston

Originally posted by iNoles:
The Bucs and/or NFL will "encourage" Jameis to settle and make this go away.

She wins.
And, that is all Erica and her team of buzzards want! Some amount of cash to make them go away! I say no matter what, "counter suit is order" make it end by taking a stand!

If he settles I will be pissed.
Me too! Don't do it Jaboo, counter suit, make em squirm, for your own personal gratification!

So Clune was able to find the cabbie according to the story.

Re: She really filed it

They are hoping he will not want this pending on draft day. There is no other reason for Jameis to settle.

So Matt Baker whine's like a 2 year old girl a couple of months ago in an article about "how mean those FSU fans were to him" for reporting this whole thing and now hes johnny on the spot for this breaking announcement?

Guy is a P.O.S. and deserves what ever comes his way.

Do the Bucs put pressure on Jameis for an out of court settlement to avoid an ongoing "media circus"? I still hope
Jameis fights this, counter suit as Cornwell threatened!

People are tired of this circus act. Just reading social media sites they don't think this has nothing to do with justice. I keep reading about her multiple story changes, and these are not FSU fans. Finally we all know this was a money grab.

Originally posted by Noles61:
15,000 plus the right to seek punitive damages, which I'm sure will be in the millions.
in excess of 15k. not 15k plus punitives... the 15k language is jurisdictional. To get it into a Florida Circuit Court, damages must exceed 15k.

Originally posted by cgj0198:
People are tired of this circus act. Just reading social media sites they don't think this has nothing to do with justice. I keep reading about her multiple story changes, and these are not FSU fans. Finally we all know this was a money grab.
Would be good if the court of public opinion finally turned regarding this issue. Would give JW more incentive to fight it and her side to go away prior to a settlement.

Originally posted by montconole:
Highly doubt they've found the cabbie... if they did, why haven't they used him for anything else? They should've offered the new information (witness) to the SAO.

Originally posted by montconole:
If so, he will be one of the several dozen that saw her leaving willingly with Jameis and company. He will corroborate the story of her not being intoxicated and that se was all about having a good time. I just finished my first bag of popcorn. I think I will get a coke to wash it down.

Originally posted by nolaholic:
Does that
Originally posted by AllNoles:
Wrong.

She was smart. She waited until he moved out of state
to sue him. Now he's not a Florida resident. I assume she filed in
state court. The venue statute provides:

47.011 Where actions may be begun.- Actions shall be brought only in the county where the defendant resides, where the cause of action accrued, or where the property in litigation is located. This section shall not apply to actions against nonresidents.

A non-resident can be sued in any county of the state. Metnick & Levy, P.A. v. Seuling, 123 So. 3d 639 (Fla. 4th DCA 2013).
doed this apply if the person was a resident at the time of the incident? Also, how do you know what JW5 address is? This can be very debatable. If he has a current FDLE and did not change it back to AL then he would likely be considered an FL resident still. Plus why would he proactively change his residency staus if he is likely going to get a large signing bonus from a team in a state with no income tax? Doesn't seem like he would be in a hurry to establish residency in another state when he just left school in January.
Please read my other post. I don't know his residency. And I'm almost sure it's residency at time of suit. Maybe he is a Florida resident, but if he's not he has no venue privilege.

Re: Kinsman sued Jameis today

"false imprisonment" ...but jumps on the back of his moped, wraps her arms around his waste and hitches a ride home?
confused0024.r191677.gif

Re: Kinsman sued Jameis today

Originally posted by alaskanseminole:
"false imprisonment" ...but jumps on the back of his moped, wraps her arms around his waste and hitches a ride home?
confused0024.r191677.gif
Exactly! Plus two witnesses observed "consensual sex" during the "false imprisonment". Also, she would have provided an accurate description of her captor/rapist had she not been drugged or hit over the head, but oh wait neither of those happened either! Month later tho she sure recognized Jameis as the one who "held her captive and raped her, because she
recognized him in class"? On & on...please Jameis do not settle out of court, bury her and the buzzards who represent this lying hussie!

This post was edited on 4/16 10:18 PM by stancan

The civil suit is all EK and auntie have left. Shes invested a few years in this payoff and probably will have another one or two before it's done with. And she will probably will walk away penniless. Sad that the girl has put herself through so much for nothing.

Re: Here we go again with Winston

She wins.
This makes absolutely no sense or it would become 'OPEN SEASON" against all NFL players, go party, have drinks, consent to sex, the scream RAPE, pay me or get sued. It would be the demise of the NFL. The Bucs and the NFL should want him to fight it 'without them'; taking a position.

Originally posted by mbernier:
Where does the cabbie stuff come up?

In the Baker story .

More BS being fed to the mouthpiece.

As others have posted, if the cabbie was really found, they would have went to Meggs since the case is technically still open.

Originally posted by Lanoles:

She wins.
This makes absolutely no sense or it would become 'OPEN SEASON" against all NFL players, go party, have drinks, consent to sex, the scream RAPE, pay me or get sued. It would be the demise of the NFL. The Bucs and the NFL should want him to fight it 'without them'; taking a position.
The Roethlisberger story was over in a few months. This has gone over for a few years. Settlement works.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT