ADVERTISEMENT

Hurricane Irma

So next weekend could be epic. Moving my son to Winter Park for College and the wife is in charge of logistics. I am nervous about letting her know about the storm; know she hasn't even thought of it. She is focused on getting everything you need as a college freshman. She starts looking at the Internet and all of the sudden this trip turns into planning going to the Walking Dead. Bottom line moving my son to college; he can deal with no power, he will have plenty of water, food, a couple of weapons, full tank and whatever else he needs. I have lived in plenty of places with literally nothing; sure the damage and pain sucks; but you deal with it and move on.

I see the #8 search on Yahoo now is "home insurance in FL".

FL gov has declared emergency in all 67 counties.

DI6O6TuUwAADWAi

Yikes. If those models hold we better pray it goes over mountains of Cuba

Jax station (Ch.25) news just now reporting that the Keys will be hammered, then 40-50% chance Irma will do a bit of a double back across the state in an east/northeast pattern back out to the Atlantic and up the coast. Sam's sold out of water already, a Publix on the north side sold out of bread. Lots of time to re-stock, though.
Generators sold out at Home Depots, of course.

You SoFla folks better make a decision to stay or go SOON, and if you stay get ready. Buy extra bullets. My sister in law and her neighbors were glad they had guns after Andrew. Looters were out in force.

That last direct hurricane strike(Tally), my neighbor got a brand new house out of it. I admit I'm kinda rooting for same thing.

Stock up on prunes and striking paper. At least you will stay regular. Wow, that is a big storm right now. Y'all best be making some real decisions for sure.

God bless you Floridians for facing these storms. Thinking a lot of games will be cancelled next weekend.

Wow. How many times last 13 years have we seen storms blow up quicker than expected. Nobody thought this would get Cat 5 this fast.

Watching the weather channel this morning, all their models have Florida taking some sort of hit. All going to depend on when it makes the turn north on whether it comes up the east coast, the spine of Florida or up the west coast side. This thing has the potential to make a mess of over half the state.

Allegedly, it's now as strong as Katrina was at its max and going to strengthen even further.

Hurray?

Wow. How many times last 13 years have we seen storms blow up quicker than expected. Nobody thought this would get Cat 5 this fast.
Several of the models yesterday were predicting ridiculous pressure drops. One I think had a storm at 900 mbs. To put that into perspective, Ivan at one point was 910 mb and Katrina was 902 mb.

Reactions: FSUTribe76
Several of the models yesterday were predicting ridiculous pressure drops. One I think had a storm at 900 mbs. To put that into perspective, Ivan at one point was 910 mb and Katrina was 902 mb.
Yep I saw that on Masters blog and many though the data was bad!!! Lol

Yikes...let's hope for the best. It's a freakin' mess here in Houston.

There must be some intrinsic connection between me and these storms, although I now live in VA. Last September I escaped Tally driving to Jax to catch a flight, as Hermine was making landfall. The next month I was literally on the last plane out of Jax when they shut the airport down before Mathew hit. Thought I wouldn't have to worry about this beast, until I realized my Friday night flight out of Tally back to Richmond has a layover in Miami, lol.

There must be some intrinsic connection between me and these storms, although I now live in VA. Last September I escaped Tally driving to Jax to catch a flight, as Hermine was making landfall. The next month I was literally on the last plane out of Jax when they shut the airport down before Mathew hit. Thought I wouldn't have to worry about this beast, until I realized my Friday night flight out of Tally back to Richmond has a layover in Miami, lol.
Please give me a heads up next time you have plans to fly outta Asheville or Greenville/Spartanburg, ok?

Reactions: hatsbo
xUPloAr.gif

Starting to look a little like Matthew's track, but at landfall at 893 vs 934 (for Matthew at its lowest a ways offshore).

Bass fishing goes nuts when the barometer drops like that......so there's that.

Plan 1: Cat 3 coming up the coast (if the island nations landing slow it down), wife and kids go to Cleremonte and stay with friends, me and dog stay here. I have all the necessary supplies.

Plan 2: Cat 4 or higher with a direct hit projected by Friday, I shutter the windows with the Hurricane shutters and we take the whole family on a trip to Atlanta until it's over.

If it looks like it's going to stay South, we will probably execute Plan 1.

Plan 1: Cat 3 coming up the coast (if the island nations landing slow it down), wife and kids go to Cleremonte and stay with friends, me and dog stay here. I have all the necessary supplies.

Plan 2: Cat 4 or higher with a direct hit projected by Friday, I shutter the windows with the Hurricane shutters and we take the whole family on a trip to Atlanta until it's over.

If it looks like it's going to stay South, we will probably execute Plan 1.
Good plan. Did you book a room in ATL yet?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT