ADVERTISEMENT

Jax Jaguars (Urban Meyer hired)

A lot of people on here acting like the OP is a fool. As someone who has actually coached FBS football, I'll say that at the very least, his stance isn't foolish. Trevor is an extremely good QB and a very safe pick for the Jags. That being said, I'd take a page from the GOAT's book (Belichick - as much as I dislike him) and consider trading back. No player is ever a guaranteed success at the NFL level, so it's a great idea to increase your odds with volume. I don't see Lawrence as a generational talent, so, if someone wants to bet enough on him, I'd trade back. Bortles could've been a good QB for them, but without an OL, Tom Brady himself isn't going to do crap. Lawrence will struggle if they can't protect him. I don't follow the Jags enough to know their Line situation, but if they don't have that ironclad, you might as well get it figured out by trading back and continue putting the pieces together. There's a number of players in this class that I would value about as highly as Lawrence.

A lot of people on here acting like the OP is a fool. As someone who has actually coached FBS football, I'll say that at the very least, his stance isn't foolish. Trevor is an extremely good QB and a very safe pick for the Jags. That being said, I'd take a page from the GOAT's book (Belichick - as much as I dislike him) and consider trading back. No player is ever a guaranteed success at the NFL level, so it's a great idea to increase your odds with volume. I don't see Lawrence as a generational talent, so, if someone wants to bet enough on him, I'd trade back. Bortles could've been a good QB for them, but without an OL, Tom Brady himself isn't going to do crap. Lawrence will struggle if they can't protect him. I don't follow the Jags enough to know their Line situation, but if they don't have that ironclad, you might as well get it figured out by trading back and continue putting the pieces together. There's a number of players in this class that I would value about as highly as Lawrence.
To be clear, a lot of the people calling him a fool is because he brought Trask into the conversation.

Reactions: Renegade Coach

The Jags have 11 draft picks and the most cap space in the league. If they hire the right people it could be a quick rebuild.

The pressure to pick Trevor by the community will be overwhelming. He is the perfect marketing QB but as an actual thrower he just OK, all he does is throw BeeBees, no touch, no hand talent

The irony in all of it is that Trask imo is a way better QB than Trevor, and trask is a gator,but the Trevor love will outweigh the love of their own.
Not sure if this is a serious post or not.

I think you are underestimating the ineptitude of the NY Jets.....

The Jets are a complete disaster. They’ll screw it up somehow and it will be amazing to watch. Go Fins!

One way to look smart most of the time is to say the most highly sought after qb in the draft will not be nearly as successful in the NFL. Most of them are disappointments. Joe Burrow so far looks pretty good but we still do not know for sure how is going to turn out. Jameis and Marcus both have been disappointments based on where they were drafted. Quarterback seems to be one of the most difficult positions to evaluate in reference the move to college to pro. Having said that it is hard to pass up the chance to draft a franchise changing player. Those are usually quarterbacks. I would draft him if I was Jacksonville and take my chances. With all Belichicks trading back he has not stockpiled enough talent for losing his franchise quarterback.

Reactions: Renegade Coach
It will depend on who urban Meyer wants to draft. They just announced that he may be the next coach of the jags.

Bleacher Report says Urban Meyer will be the next coach for the Jags. Expected move after Colts game tomorrow.

Reactions: Cubman777
He usually won't go to a HC job that doesn't have a QB...Alex Smith, Tebow and at OSU. I expect he'll take the Jag job and they then draft Lawrence.

Reactions: Gonoles24
Bleacher Report says Urban Meyer will be the next coach for the Jags. Expected move after Colts game tomorrow.
CBS Sport article stated Simil info but added he working on a staff but if he changes his mind doesn’t go to the Jags. They may pursue Ryan Day.

Because Fields isn’t on the same level as Lawrence...pretty simple
Depending on the offense and what they could get in return I think Fields would warrant discussion. Most mock drafts I have seen have him top 5 and as high as 2. Combined 86 td's in just under 2 season are impressive. Not sure if a relationship with Meyer would play a role.

Depending on the offense and what they could get in return I think Fields would warrant discussion. Most mock drafts I have seen have him top 5 and as high as 2. Combined 86 td's in just under 2 season are impressive. Not sure if a relationship with Meyer would play a role.
He has no relationship w Urban...why would he?

Ryan Day if Meyers turns it down is interesting. I would assume next in line is Luke Fickell fro tOSU.

Lawrence has got the arm, and he can run when needs to. Outside of his arm strength, Lawrence’s biggest asset is his size. He has the frame that will allow him to play a long time in the NFL, meaning he can take a hit. We learned last night that Fields can’t take hits. If he thinks last night was bad, wait until he gets to the NFL. It’s more physical than college.

Don’t even want to think about having to listen to him here in my hometown. Most of the Gators here are not even fans of Urb

Barrett, Smith, Germaine, Pryor, Miller, Cardale Jones and Hoying
Barrett-Undrafted
Smith-174 5th round
Germaine-101 4th round
Pryor- Not Drafted
Jones-139 4th round
Hoying-85 3rd round

Ryan Day only coach Haskins and JT Barrett (1 of 5 years at OSU). So because these guys didn't pan out, every QB OSU turns out is destined to be "terrible in the NFL"? Hope nobody ever tells that to an FSU QB recruit. We would be in trouble with our history.

Barrett-Undrafted
Smith-174 5th round
Germaine-101 4th round
Pryor- Not Drafted
Jones-139 4th round
Hoying-85 3rd round

Ryan Day only coach Haskins and JT Barrett (1 of 5 years at OSU). So because these guys didn't pan out, every QB OSU turns out is destined to be "terrible in the NFL"? Hope nobody ever tells that to an FSU QB recruit. We would be in trouble with our history.
Winston probably has better stats than all those guys put together and Brad Johnson won a SB lol

Barrett-Undrafted
Smith-174 5th round
Germaine-101 4th round
Pryor- Not Drafted
Jones-139 4th round
Hoying-85 3rd round

Haskins is already out of the league as of right now and Fields plays a bunch of nobodies

If he goes to the jags, within two months he will suffer heart flutters and I want to spend more time with his family.

Urban lives in Columbus, is around the program as assistant AD. Was there last night in that capacity.
OS's assistant AD has 3 ships. Look here if you want more reasons for FB failure. Oversight is a myth at FSU.........!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT