ADVERTISEMENT

Kobe Bryant

Kobe became a great mentor to many of the players in the league. He retired, of course, but his impact remained as he sought to teach, mentor, and reach out to many of players — encompassing both men and women, boys and girls.

But at the end of the day, he still made time for his family. He encouraged the heck out of his daughters. Looking at this video, it’s hard to imagine they’re both gone...

I was just telling my daughter about Munson earlier. We were living in a suburb of NYC at the time and news of the crash just devastated Yankee fans.
Munson crashing his own Citation Jet is why Cessna wouldn't sell Travolta a new jet.

To be honest I don’t feel any different about his tragedy than I would about it happening to anyone else. Being a celebrity does not make it any worse imho.

The difference between Kobe and a non Celebrity, both are tragic, is that we have followed this humans life since he was 17 years old. Tho, we do not know him, he was a part of a lot of people's lives and we feel attached. So, it home more and there is nothing wrong with that.

Utter disbelief. I am so sad. Everyone on that chopper was full of life and had a lot to offer to their families, loved ones, and the world. May all involved RIP.
I have a friend who was a fighter pilot and also flew helicopters while he was in the navy. He told me “a plane inherently wants to stay in the air...a helicopter wants to kill you the second it comes off the assembly line.” After he told me that, I cancelled the helicopter tour i had booked in Maui for my honeymoon.

One of greatest BB players ever. Loved his competing desire on both offense but especially defense. He gets a pass on his raping a woman where they she dropped charges after getting 4 million from him.

Reactions: Hayduke GW
Kobe's bday is the day after mine I'm 10 years younger. I grew up watching Frobe and Shaq and cried for his final game. Terrible for this to happen I'll be at work in my black 24 jersey tomorrow.

Reactions: FSUfan1973
john.jpg

Three more victims identified: Orange Coast College baseball coach John Altobelli, wife Keri and daughter Alyssa also were among the crash victims. Alyssa was on GiGi's basketball team. Daughter Alexis (wearing #16 jersey) was not on the helicopter.

Last edited:
I don't want to take away from the sentiment of this tragedy but also today, 30 marines and 1 sailor died in a helicopter crash in Iraq.
Are you referring to the event that happened 15 years ago today?

Last edited:
One of greatest BB players ever. Loved his competing desire on both offense but especially defense. He gets a pass on his raping a woman where they she dropped charges after getting 4 million from him.

He dodged a bullet there for sure. The evidence didn't look good for him.

Reactions: NJNOLES
They may be just as important, but not nearly as great. Kobe was truly great. And we should all mourn losing a person of greatness, no matter what field that greatness was in. In this case, it was basketball.

Reactions: boneplyr
How do you know that other great people didn’t die today? Do you know everyone of them personally? I’m sure if you asked their families and friends, they were all “Great”. Your comment reflects the sad state that our society is in today. If you aren’t rich or famous, Your life means nothing! Sad!!!!
I'm sorry, but all lives are not equally great. Kobe exhibited greatness which is why so many mourn his passing.

Seeing all the pics of him and his daughter, especially the oldest, is what is getting me the most.

As soon as I heard he died, the first thing I was thinking I hope his daughter wasn't with him, because they are almost always together.

Amazing father and it's sad that he died on the way with his daughter to practice/game.

Any type of air travel is dangerous but private planes and helicopters especially so. I have a good friend from high school who flew copters in the Navy and was a commercial pilot for 35 years and he wouldn't go up in either. He said he just couldn't trust the maintenance.

commercial airliners?

john.jpg

Three more victims identified: Orange Coast College baseball coach John Altobelli, wife Keri and daughter Alyssa also were among the crash victims. Alyssa was on GiGi's basketball team. Daughter Alexis (wearing #16 jersey) was not on the helicopter.
So sad. This young girl lost her whole family. I just can’t imagine what she is going through.

I heard about it minutes after it happened. Rest In Peace Kobe Bryant and his Daughter and the rest of them who were on the helicopter. Life isn't guaranteed to any of us. If you're feuding with a love one or friend, tell them you love them because you never know what could happen at any moment.

commercial airliners?
Not sure what you are asking. He was not at all trusting of private aircraft and not very trusting of smaller, discount commercial airlines. He has a very healthy respect for what it takes to fly safely.

Not sure what you are asking. He was not at all trusting of private aircraft and not very trusting of smaller, discount commercial airlines. He has a very healthy respect for what it takes to fly safely.
Still more dangerous to drive your car.

Reactions: SemiNo.1e
Still more dangerous to drive your car.
Agreed because of the numbers. More people on the road at any given time than in the air so more risk. Still, flying is dangerous and private aircraft is very dangerous.

I was just telling my daughter about Munson earlier. We were living in a suburb of NYC at the time and news of the crash just devastated Yankee fans.
It was very moving when the Yankees took the field for the first time after that tragedy. Leaving the catcher position blank behind home plate...

Even with fog I don't understand how a helicopter flies into the side of a mountain (edit: without equipment malfunctioning). It seems like you get a flight plan and know there is a mountain range or mountain along the way, and at what distance it would be, how tall it is, and where it stops being a threat. Even if you can't see it shouldn't the pilot know by her instruments when it is safe to go below a certain altitude? Am I wrong here?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT