ADVERTISEMENT

Left lane cruiser gets what he deserves...

Both of those drivers were idiots. The guy in the Camaro is obviously a hothead driver that's going to hurt someone at some point, but the best thing to do with idiots like that is get out of their way not antagonize them by blocking them in. You're only asking to get hurt. The only innocent in that video is the poor semi-truck driver.

Reactions: MathisJones
First off the truck driver speeds up so the guy driving the camaro can't pass him then drives slow to match the semi's speed! What a jackazz and deserves everything bad to happen to him/her.

Last edited:
I read a little more about it, and the guy in the Camaro was drunk, so he is pretty screwed, I'm sure, but that guy in the van/pickup got exactly what he deserved.

I say throw the jackhole from the Camaro in jail and give the jackhole in the truck a citation.

Aggressive driver in the Camaro is 100% at fault. Yes, the driver of the truck was being a douche, but he didn't break any laws. Video is pretty clear on that.

Aggressive driver in the Camaro is 100% at fault. Yes, the driver of the truck was being a douche, but he didn't break any laws. Video is pretty clear on that.
100% you're wrong, video is pretty clear on that.

keepright.png

Camaro driver should have just completed his first pass. He was inside the semi and the guy in the truck could see him. He wasn't going to hit him to block him. They never do. The ones you have worry about are the ones that don't see you.

Every time I've seen someone put in a situation where they get to choose to create a wreck or back off they back off. Camaro guy created a wreck because he can't handle a rear wheel drive.

Last edited:
Had this happen to me the other day (sans wreck), but the guy pinned me on the inside lane, then pushed me over.

At the 28 second mark, you can see by the shadow in front of him, that the pick-up driver is following close to another vehicle. It wasn't until the Camaro driver decided to be a dick by passing on the inside that the pick-up decided to return the favor and box the Camaro in.

I saw that too but by the time the wreck occurred whoever was in front of the truck was long gone. As big of a douche as Camero hair was the pickup guy should have gotten in the right lane after he passed the big truck.

The pickup driver was trying to prove a point. Don't try to prove a point just pass and get back into the right lane. If someone wants to haul arse it's not my job to stop him.

Reactions: troyboyone
I hope the pickup driver has a permanent limp. There was no traffic in front of him. The semi was likely driving slow. Pickup driver was a douche, and it's against the law

There would have been no wreck if Camaro hadn't of passed on the shoulder. As big of an ass as the pickup driver is this wreck was 100% the fault of the person driving the Camaro. If the Camaro dude would have been chill to begin with the pickup guy would have never noticed him and would have eventually passed the semi and the Mr. Camaro could have been on his way minus the few seconds it would have cost him if he had just driven normally.

This is what I don't get. What did the guy in the Camaro stand to gain other than the risk of an accident, which he got, and the risk of a ticket, which he also got several of. A few seconds maybe a minute or two at most off of his trip time. Idiot.

P.S. You notice the guy with the dash cam wasn't pushing the issue. He was probably no more thrilled about the guy driving like an ass either but he did what he had to do to get to his destination safely.

You say it's the left hand lane cruisers that cause the accidents. I say it's the guys like the Camaro dude that cause them. If he hadn't of caused this wreck the way he was driving he would have caused another eventually.

Out...

Reactions: FSUTribe76
You guys have gone full potato...

Was the truck driver being an ass?? Yes. Was he doing anything illegal? No.

He was passing... at no time in that video was he losing ground to the semi (maybe, maybe around the 1:20 mark as they were going over the hill he lost a few feet)... So he wasn't passing FAST enough for you yahoos now???

He was passing
... at no time in that video was he losing ground to the semi (maybe, maybe around the 1:20 mark as they were going over the hill he lost a few feet)... So he wasn't passing FAST enough for you yahoos now???

He was pacing that semi to block the Camaro. Obstructing traffic in that manner is illegal, as has already been pointed out above.
To see it otherwise is to be either oblivious or deliberately obtuse.

He was passing... at no time in that video was he losing ground to the semi (maybe, maybe around the 1:20 mark as they were going over the hill he lost a few feet)... So he wasn't passing FAST enough for you yahoos now???

He was not passing.........when you are passing you shouldn't need your brakes (which he did twice), much less the need to slow down (which he also did twice, or the rig speed up, but I don't think that's the case), or take longer than a minute to pass. The dude was being a douche and yes he was breaking the law.

Reactions: KevNole
The pickup broke the law. So what. The Camaro's reckless driving caused the accident.

So, the pickup driver made the Camaro driver attempt to pass him using the emergency lane ...

No, but I think if the pickup driver doesn't try to block the Camaro driver the Camaro driver never leaves the road.
Pickup driver was in the wrong. Camaro driver was in the wrong. Semi driver gets the biggest headache out of the whole deal.

I don't think LL Cruisers understand the amount of rage they bring upon themselves for driving like selfish a$$hats. I was on I10 this weekend headed back to San Antonio. I got stuck behind a Tropic Traveler Luxury Van going 63 in a 75 riding dead-even with a tractor trailer who was appropriately in the right lane. I think the truck driver noticed the traffic backing up so he sped up allowing us to pass on the right.

I can actually feel that Camaro driver's rage.

He was not passing.........when you are passing you shouldn't need your brakes (which he did twice), much less the need to slow down (which he also did twice, or the rig speed up, but I don't think that's the case), or take longer than a minute to pass. The dude was being a douche and yes he was breaking the law.

So now we are quantifying the time you have to pass?? Ludicrous!!

I did not see him use his brakes and I have fully admitted he was being deliberately douchy by holding the Camero back.

But you are all completely excusing the Camero for following too closely, speeding and reckless driving for the sake of someone, who until recently, wasn't breaking a law.

**edit** I just watched the video again and the truck never used his brakes after he passes the first truck... he starts to pass the 2nd truck at :55 and the car causes the accident at 2:15... so for 1:20. That is ONE MINUTE TWENTY SECONDS... a drunk guy nearly causes a fatal accident. But its all the truck drivers fault????

Last edited:

The Camaro certainly did his part but, in GA at least, the pick up broke at least 3 laws.

I did not see him use his brakes and I have fully admitted he was being deliberately douchy by holding the Camero back.

But you are all completely excusing the Camero for following too closely, speeding and reckless driving for the sake of someone, who until recently, wasn't breaking a law.

All the pickup had to do was move over. The camaro was wrong, but, this could have been avoided by the pickup driver. Completely unnecessary. This guy is exactly the type that infuriates people.

Why? If I take 3 hours to pass a car on the interstate, am I actually passing them, or am I blocking traffic for 3 hours?

If you bother to read the thread I don't think anyone holds the Camaro driver blameless.

**edit** I just watched the video again and the truck never used his brakes after he passes the first truck... he starts to pass the 2nd truck at :55 and the car causes the accident at 2:15... so for 1:20. That is ONE MINUTE TWENTY SECONDS... a drunk guy nearly causes a fatal accident. But its all the truck drivers fault????

How many minutes should it take to pass a vehicle?

100% you're wrong, video is pretty clear on that.

keepright.png

Correct.....the left lane is a PASSING lane but the vast majority use it as their own personal speedway and NOT for passing. There is no "fast lane" as so many want to believe. Me, I stay in the right lane at about 70-75 to avoid all the road rage, tailgating dumb asses that think everyone should get out of their way because they are in the "fast lane".

You are all wrong. This accident had nothing to do with left lane drivers, it was all about road rage. When the camaro first tries to pass on right there was another car in front of the truck but the camaro tried to shove his nose in there anyway. That pissed the truck driver off. So he decided to punish the camaro driver by blocking him for a while. Camaro driver thought he would get even by cutting the truck off like he tried the first time, but either timed it wrong or expected the guy in the truck to hit his brakes. I lay this 70/30 on the camaro driver. Truck driver wasn't a left lane cruiser, he was just pissed.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT