ADVERTISEMENT

Marines to the rescue...

I posted few minutes ago, but let's be honest, Marines thwarting a terror attack in FRANCE deserves about 5 threads! The pictures I am seeing show about 7 clips. That guy was going to kill scores and scores of people.

Reactions: Bartdog
“With 300 Marines, you could probably take over Iraq if you wanted to and get rid of ISIS completely. Make no mistake about it, Marines are war fighters. I mean they are really good at what they do.” - Former U.S. Navy Seal Marcus Lutrell

The U.S. military has been bailing out France for decades. Glad we could be of assistance again this time.

Reactions: goldmom
Marines?

"The three men -- a member of the Air Force, an inactive National Guard member and a civilian -- responded quickly, possibly preventing a deadly attack on the high-speed Thalys train."

Wow. Looks like the story changed. Awesome. Looks good for the National Guard. Sweet.

so how was this pervert able to board a train with all this firepower without being detected by security measures??? speaks volumes about European security or lack thereof.

so how was this pervert able to board a train with all this firepower without being detected by security measures??? speaks volumes about European security or lack thereof.
The only thing I can think is that he had a large backpack with the rifle taken down and packed inside. Not unusual to see lots of young kids traveling with large packs in the summer.

I've ridden that train before and there's no particular security measures other than security personnel milling around the station generally.

Unlike flying, when riding trains in Europe there is no security. You walk up and hop right on the train. Unless you're walking along the platform with a gun out, no one would be the wiser to what you have. Chances are this might change at some point, but I just don't see how train stations will ever be 100% secure.

It's a damn shame they took him into custody. Should have snapped his neck like a candy cane.

Wow. Looks like the story changed. Awesome. Looks good for the National Guard. Sweet.
It is still changing. This morning it is being reported that the gunman was first confronted by a Frenchman and the two
Americans joined in. Actually, it turns out that it was three Americans and a Brit. I'm sure there are a lot of stories
when something like this happens!

No different than security in the US when riding a train. Have you been to Penn Station? There's no metal detectors, just a few dazed and lazy NYPD texting their friends or sipping large fountain sodas. Does that speak volumes about our security "or lack thereof"?

What about our movie theaters? Certainly two shootings there ought to speak volumes about our security? Schools? Those dozens of shootings must say something about our competence in keeping armed terrorists from them. Churches/Gurdwars? The number of bombings and shootings in the last 60 years is insane, why can't the US protect its houses of worship?

Let's not get all high and mighty here, we're the epicenter of lunatic shooters - until we can do something to protect our public spaces perhaps we ought not critique "European security or lack thereof"

Agree Bacardi. I was at the movies last weekend and it just came to mind during the movie that one of the other folks in there could be a lunatic.

No different than security in the US when riding a train. Have you been to Penn Station? There's no metal detectors, just a few dazed and lazy NYPD texting their friends or sipping large fountain sodas. Does that speak volumes about our security "or lack thereof"?

What about our movie theaters? Certainly two shootings there ought to speak volumes about our security? Schools? Those dozens of shootings must say something about our competence in keeping armed terrorists from them. Churches/Gurdwars? The number of bombings and shootings in the last 60 years is insane, why can't the US protect its houses of worship?

Let's not get all high and mighty here, we're the epicenter of lunatic shooters - until we can do something to protect our public spaces perhaps we ought not critique "European security or lack thereof"

This is the main reason I carry a gun, you'll thank me one day possibly.

I wonder if Obama has apologized to the Muslims yet for our guys using unnecessary force.

I wonder if Obama has apologized to the Muslims yet for our guys using unnecessary force.
well this is a pretty ridiculous thing to post. obama gets blamed for more crap than jameis, who knew that was possible.

guy will be looked on by history as one of our greatest presidents.

This is the main reason I carry a gun, you'll thank me one day possibly.
hmm... let's hope not.

also i hope you're got excellent aim, last thing i want is to catch one of your stray bullets as you attempt to take down this hypothetical gunman that's scared you to the point of packing heat on a daily basis.

Agree Bacardi. I was at the movies last weekend and it just came to mind during the movie that one of the other folks in there could be a lunatic.
nothing in life is without risk but we can do logical things to gradually minimize those risks - like strengthening background checks and psych evaluations on those buying guns (online, at trade shows, in stores, etc...)

well this is a pretty ridiculous thing to post. obama gets blamed for more crap than jameis, who knew that was possible.

guy will be looked on by history as one of our greatest presidents.

Because he would never do something like that, right? Sorry to get you all worked up.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT