ADVERTISEMENT

My luck finally ran out

divinnole

Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Mar 29, 2002
Ever since COVID started I felt like I have been playing Russian roulette. I teach welding and as such I am constantly in and out of welding booths with students. Unfortunately the age of the students I deal with feel like they are 10' tall and bullet proof so they have continued to live their lives like nothing is going on. So numerous students through all of this have had covid. I have been vaccinated and I also use a welding hood that has an air filtering system on it. So through it all I have been able to avoid catching covid. Yesterday that change. I got up yesterday and felt like I had lost a fight with a bull and as the day went on that got worse and then the sore throat and sinus issues started. Left work and went and got tested and it was positive. So now I am living in isolation for 5 days.

Reactions: Random_John
Ever since COVID started I felt like I have been playing Russian roulette. I teach welding and as such I am constantly in and out of welding booths with students. Unfortunately the age of the students I deal with feel like they are 10' tall and bullet proof so they have continued to live their lives like nothing is going on. So numerous students through all of this have had covid. I have been vaccinated and I also use a welding hood that has an air filtering system on it. So through it all I have been able to avoid catching covid. Yesterday that change. I got up yesterday and felt like I had lost a fight with a bull and as the day went on that got worse and then the sore throat and sinus issues started. Left work and went and got tested and it was positive. So now I am living in isolation for 5 days.
Wife got the same thing the other day. Sore throat followed by upper respiratory issues. She went to the Dr and interestingly he said there was no benefit in getting tested as the treatment is the same either way. She's fine now aside from a cough. Had both shots too.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT