ADVERTISEMENT

NFL draft: 1st and 4th pick

NoleinATL hot take

Steal of the draft, Christian Kirk at 47 by the Cards

2nd
Eagles getting Sweat in the 4th

Starting with Arden Key, the Raiders are really drafting kids with no heart.

Now they pick a punter in the 5th round. AL Davis is singing Glory Days.
Shane Lechler worked out pretty well back in the day.

The Bucs took a WR from Penn in the 5th Rd while Tate was (and still is...) on the board. Tate made a severe mistake coming out early.

The Bucs took a WR from Penn in the 5th Rd while Tate was (and still is...) on the board. Tate made a severe mistake coming out early.
At what point is one better off being a free agent?

Or the right thing and let him go back to school. This entire system is a joke.
That would be difficult for the schools. The scholarships opened by the declaring players have already been filled by the incoming class. Most of these kids wouldn't be able to pay their own way if that was their only option.

That would be difficult for the schools. The scholarships opened by the declaring players have already been filled by the incoming class. Most of these kids wouldn't be able to pay their own way if that was their only option.

Schools over offer and “grey” shirt kids all the time.

Grey shirts pay their own way for the first semester then become part of the next class. If what you propose was allowed, many more kids than what declare now would enter the draft knowing that they could come back. How do the universities plan not knowing who may and who may not be returning?

And? There's still limits on #'s of scholarships allowed to be used. That "grey" shirt thing would then be more for Tate, who would then have to pay his own way the following year in your scenario.

Reactions: NoleLizards
And? There's still limits on #'s of scholarships allowed to be used. That "grey" shirt thing would then be more for Tate, who would then have to pay his own way the following year in your scenario.

There's the solution right there.

You can redshirt incoming player and not count against scholly. For some reason I have faith that a multi billion dollar industry can figure it out.

I'm a little disappointed with Tampa's draft. Jack Cichy? I think my knees are in better shape.

So did Ray Guy and Jano, but my team needs LB's, edge defenders and DB's. Hurst was a steal, but the secondary sucks.
You just picked another guy with off-the-field questions in the ILB Victor.

Yes, that is why i posted NOT count against limits.

You said "redshirts can come in and not count against the scholarship limit"

That's incorrect. Not sure what to tell you, there. If you want a "grey"shirt (i.e. not counting against the limit), then fine, but that means the guys declaring for the draft and coming back would have to be the one's paying their own way the following season. You don't see how that would be a total circus?

Reactions: DFSNOLE
th

Reactions: NDallasRuss
You said "redshirts can come in and not count against the scholarship limit"

That's incorrect. Not sure what to tell you, there. If you want a "grey"shirt (i.e. not counting against the limit), then fine, but that means the guys declaring for the draft and coming back would have to be the one's paying their own way the following season. You don't see how that would be a total circus?

It was a solution to the returning undrafted player and the concern that schools have too many scholarships. Steve Senior doesn’t get drafted. He goes back on scholarship-assuming he’s eligible. Fred Freshman becomes a redshirt. NEW rule states Fred doesn’t count against limits. See it helps if you read the posts in context

It was a solution to the returning undrafted player and the concern that schools have too many scholarships. Steve Senior doesn’t get drafted. He goes back on scholarship-assuming he’s eligible. Fred Freshman becomes a redshirt. NEW rule states Fred doesn’t count against limits. See it helps if you read the posts in context

And then the new money has to come from....somewhere? And then that gets into a whole other thread-worth of arguing.

Tate shouldn't have left early. Simple as that.

By the way, McToasted hasn't been picked, either. And it was pretty obvious this year he mailed it in thinking he was a 1st rounder. I'm hopeful his case is what's shown to every currently (and future) college player who thinks they can coast a year.

Reactions: NoleLizards
But many schools already can't afford to cover all of the 85 scholarships. Your plan places a huge financial burden on the individual institutions.

Reactions: fsUTampa
@Manch. Nice pick for Oakland with Ateman in the 7th.

I was hoping for another questionable player, Callaway, but he went alot quicker than most thought. Wit his positive test at the combine, many thought he would end up a UFA. Gruden has me all knotted up inside with this draft. Sweat would have been a perfect choice to go along with all these coin tosses and questionable players. The CB from Wisconsin, Nick Nelson, has ZERO career INT'S!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT