ADVERTISEMENT

NFL draft: 1st and 4th pick

It was a solution to the returning undrafted player and the concern that schools have too many scholarships. Steve Senior doesn’t get drafted. He goes back on scholarship-assuming he’s eligible. Fred Freshman becomes a redshirt. NEW rule states Fred doesn’t count against limits. See it helps if you read the posts in context

Then that just means everyone will declare as soon as they can and if they don't like where they were drafted return to college. Kind of sounds like baseball. I'll pass. Kids should not declare if they aren't stone cold 1st rd. Sweat and Tate both should have stayed and can't blame anyone other than their agents.

Then that just means everyone will declare as soon as they can and if they don't like where they were drafted return to college. Kind of sounds like baseball. I'll pass. Kids should not declare if they aren't stone cold 1st rd. Sweat and Tate both should have stayed and can't blame anyone other than their agents.
Sounds nothing like baseball. High school players are eligible for the draft as are those who play for Junior Colleges. If a kid signs with a D1 school, they have to stay for three years or until they turn 21. If they declare for the draft when they become eligible, there is a date certain for them to remove their name before the draft and not have hired an agent to regain their eligibility to play college ball.

Reactions: billanole
I’m going to suggest that this problem very
Sounds nothing like baseball. High school players are eligible for the draft as are those who play for Junior Colleges. If a kid signs with a D1 school, they have to stay for three years or until they turn 21. If they declare for the draft when they become eligible, there is a date certain for them to remove their name before the draft and not have hired an agent to regain their eligibility to play college ball.

But if he’s drafted from high school. He can still go to college on a scholarship.

But if he’s drafted from high school. He can still go to college on a scholarship.
If he doesn't sign with an agent and there's a date certain for him to make a decision.

But now you're changing things up. Every high school player is draft eligible whether they declare or not. We were talking about college players leaving and returning to college counselor.

Wonder what McFadden is thinking tonight..
Wonder who advised Wilkerson he was ready for the NFL when he wasn't even ready for college..
I figured Tate and Izzo would go late(not quite that late tho). Wonder if they just didn't want to learn a new offense or just more bad advice..
I wish the Bucs would have taken James..

If he doesn't sign with an agent and there's a date certain for him to make a decision.

But now you're changing things up. Every high school player is draft eligible whether they declare or not. We were talking about college players leaving and returning to college counselor.
The foundation of your argument was concern for the institution and its inability perform the calculus to apportion it’s limited scholarship. The counter argument is that, amazingly, the formula was somehow solved by baseball. First all intents and purposes, a scholarship offered high school is no different than a scholarship possession college man—other than this seeming quantative math equation that prevents a college from accommodating a football player that wants to test the job market for his skills.

The foundation of your argument was concern for the institution and its inability perform the calculus to apportion it’s limited scholarship. The counter argument is that, amazingly, the formula was somehow solved by baseball. First all intents and purposes, a scholarship offered high school is no different than a scholarship possession college man—other than this seeming quantative math equation that prevents a college from accommodating a football player that wants to test the job market for his skills.
Except football offers 85 full scholarships to their players and baseball offers 11.7 that are divided among the players. Much different.

Reactions: fsUTampa
MT6 didn't get drafted, but the Steelers did sign him as a free agent. They could use some LB help with the Shazier ordeal, and they only picked up two S/LB tweeners in their draft. Hope to see Thomas make the squad.

Whoever advised McFadden to leave early is an idiot. All the Nole fans and apparently the NFL knew he was not ready.

McFadden's not getting drafted was not ideal but the Niner's are a great situation for him and he's got maybe the second highest UDFA deal.

I'm hoping to see him make waves!

Reactions: DFSNOLE
Often it's better to go UFA than a 6th or 7th round pick.

As to the people who declare, it wouldn't have been my decision but I'll never pull an I told you so because they all have circumstances and situations. The $$ in the NFL is all about that second contract so getting there with less mileage is part of the target.

I can't help but think a few of the guys were so turned off by the way things went last year, they were just done with college instead of having to learn a whole new coach and system. Not the choice I'd make but I can understand it.

Reactions: ReliableOstrich
Looks like the Raiders kicking game went Gator, thank God the punter and kicker are experienced.

Looks like the Raiders kicking game went Gator, thank God the punter and kicker are experienced.
Those were arguably their two best players last year. Your kicking game's in good han...I mean feet.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT