ADVERTISEMENT

Off Topic: Who is the richest person in Tallahassee?

jbirdman

Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Dec 1, 2004
I honestly have no clue. I would assume Bobby Bowden, Leonard Hamilton, and Mike Martin are up there? Maybe some lobbyists and local business owners?

I want to know who owns this behemoth in golden eagle

ISatcmvtgqpr7u0000000000.jpg

ISug8yug8a9x7u0000000000.jpg

ISe44au30us28u0000000000.jpg

ISibwrdh1m90gu0000000000.jpg

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/2163-Golden-Eagle-Dr-W-Tallahassee-FL-32312/69822828_zpid/

Scott is probably around 150 Million... Don't think the Chocolate Chip Cookie family has more than that.

Reactions: bigN!
Think one or two of the attys on the team that one the tobacco suit live in Tally. Each one got around $250 mil in fees. Doubt there are many in Tally with more.

I honestly have no clue. I would assume Bobby Bowden, Leonard Hamilton, and Mike Martin are up there? Maybe some lobbyists and local business owners?
You are way far off. There are a bunch (who do not need to be named, and several are boosters) that are way up there....100M +. That ain’t those guys

Reactions: JohnnieHolmesNole
I know a guy that owns one of the plantations and he's worth some BBBBBsssss

Ted turner has Land everywhere
From what I'm told he lives there full time now and keeps his G5 at Tally International. He has 40,000 acres mostly in Caps on both the north and south sides of 27/19 as you go south on 19/27 the entrance to his place has a sign that reads the Plantation. He does not hunt deer but is a big bird hunter. Go on google earth and you can see how he has developed his property for bird hunting as well as his big, big house and gardens. Beautiful rolling hills, very nice place!

you're really underestimating Tallahassee lol. Jimbo Fisher who made over 5 mil a year wasn't even in the top 50, maybe even top 100 in Tallahassee. A lot of the richer people are mostly doctors, surgeons, lobbyists, retired lobbyists, realtors, bankers CEO's and entrepreneurs (guess this goes for pretty much every city, lol.) A lot of the doctors are either foreign or UF grads. The rest have a good number of FSU boosters though. You have the Phipps, Bailey's, Moore's, Ballard's (who donated the building in downtown Tallahassee to the FSU school of entrepreneurship that was worth over 1 million) and the Betton's (who are now the "Ovens") to name just a very few but these are the "elites" of Tally and most of them have ties to FSU.

Reactions: pauldNole
From what I'm told he lives there full time now and keeps his G5 at Tally International. He has 40,000 acres mostly in Caps on both the north and south sides of 27/19 as you go south on 19/27 the entrance to his place has a sign that reads the Plantation. He does not hunt deer but is a big bird hunter. Go on google earth and you can see how he has developed his property for bird hunting as well as his big, big house and gardens. Beautiful rolling hills, very nice place!
holy crap

ted-turner-florida-plantation-9.jpg

Reactions: Kamsdad26
you're really underestimating Tallahassee lol. Jimbo Fisher who made over 5 mil a year wasn't even in the top 50, maybe even top 100 in Tallahassee. A lot of the richer people are mostly doctors, surgeons, lobbyists, retired lobbyists, realtors, bankers CEO's and entrepreneurs (guess this goes for pretty much every city, lol.) A lot of the doctors are either foreign or UF grads. The rest have a good number of FSU boosters though. You have the Phipps, Bailey's, Moore's, Ballard's (who donated the building in downtown Tallahassee to the FSU school of entrepreneurship that was worth over 1 million) and the Betton's (who are now the "Ovens") to name just a very few but these are the "elites" of Tally and most of them have ties to FSU.
Doctors and realtors aren’t regularly making $5M/yr or even close.

Spot on. Ball coaches are not typically high up on the seriously wealthy lists

Reactions: TC Nole OX

My marketing teacher used to say the dude who owned the house just off appalachee parkway behind the Marriott could take off in a plane and fly to Texas and never not be over his own land. Said he was one of the richest men in America.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT