ADVERTISEMENT

Official Masters Thread

Originally posted by DFSNOLE:
If you were going to bet on which was going to miss the cut, Tiger or Rory, I think most of us would've lost money.
I would have. He played much better than I anticipated.

Tiger and Sergio paired together. I put the odds at 2-1 that one of them "accidentally" hits the other with a club...

Today was good theatre. RRR, are you in Philadelphia this weekend?

This post was edited on 4/11 9:41 PM by cmanole

There has been some great golf played the last few days but I am not too happy with the lack of coverage. I know they want to show the leaders but their coverage is all over the place and doesn't flow well.

That being said, it looks like Tiger is slowly getting his game back in order. Didn't like the F-bomb yesterday. He needs to relax and take it one shot at a time.

Jordan should pull it off which would be nice for the game. Anybody but Phil!

Originally posted by ponchfrog:
There has been some great golf played the last few days but I am not too happy with the lack of coverage. I know they want to show the leaders but their coverage is all over the place and doesn't flow well.

That being said, it looks like Tiger is slowly getting his game back in order. Didn't like the F-bomb yesterday. He needs to relax and take it one shot at a time.

Jordan should pull it off which would be nice for the game. Anybody but Phil!
The FBomb was funny as are all of the little mini trantrums he still has after he hits a bad shot. The dude is 40 years old and he still acts like a kid on the golf course...

Not relevant to this year's Masters, but awesome video at the top of this article. I believe it was aired at the end of the round Friday.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

16th

Just about all of these guys Fbomb their way around the course nowadays. Listen to Bubba, he does it. Jason Day dropped a quad-Fbomb on his 2nd shot out of the fairway bunker on 18 on Thursday. They're competitors, and that's just the way it is nowadays.

Originally posted by fsUTampa:
Just about all of these guys Fbomb their way around the course nowadays. Listen to Bubba, he does it. Jason Day dropped a quad-Fbomb on his 2nd shot out of the fairway bunker on 18 on Thursday. They're competitors, and that's just the way it is nowadays.
Is it just nowadays or is the mic just a bit better with more coverage of sounds around the course? I have a feeling guys have been f-bombing pull hooks on tour since the good ol days...

Originally posted by NolaNole9:
The Tiger many of us expected on Friday is showing up today.
An even par round through 13?
One fairway hit through 13. One.
And still E.
And 12 shots off the lead. Not good enough anymore.

And still E.

That's besides your original point.

Rory was -15 over the last 45 holes. Amazing turn around from the front nine 40 in round 2.
yep...I imagine he was discussing that fact into his hat after sinking that birdie on 18

Originally posted by rhurner:

Originally posted by seminoleed:

Originally posted by montconole:

I hope the phony d-bag, Bubba Watson doesn't win.
????????????
confused0024.r191677.gif
I don't get this either. Bubba is as genuine a db as there is. Just ask the other guys.
Dude is definitely different. Constantly crying, it seems. Hey, emotion is fine -- within reason -- but I don't expect to see athletic celebrities balling every time I see them. This guy is a multi-millionaire whose life is relatively cushy. Sack up, dude.

As odd as the crying, he was at the 18th green on Friday when Crenshaw came off for the final time. Kept his hands locked behind his back. No handshake with Ben, although that was obviously in order. Not sure if he is a germ-a-phobe or simply does not know how to conduct himself. Odd.

Originally posted by JohnnieHolmesNole:

????????????
confused0024.r191677.gif
I don't get this either. Bubba is as genuine a db as there is. Just ask the other guys.
Dude is definitely different. Constantly crying, it seems. Hey, emotion is fine -- within reason -- but I don't expect to see athletic celebrities balling every time I see them. This guy is a multi-millionaire whose life is relatively cushy. Sack up, dude.

As odd as the crying, he was at the 18th green on Friday when Crenshaw came off for the final time. Kept his hands locked behind his back. No handshake with Ben, although that was obviously in order. Not sure if he is a germ-a-phobe or simply does not know how to conduct himself. Odd.
Yet he came down to congratulate Spieth's parents and shake hands with them. Maybe he's too young to realize what kind of player Crenshaw was, I dunno. But don't get the db references at all.

????????????
confused0024.r191677.gif

Yet he came down to congratulate Spieth's parents and shake hands with them. Maybe he's too young to realize what kind of player Crenshaw was, I dunno. But don't get the db references at all.
Dude is 36, so he's not exactly "young." Understand that his appearance at the 18th green -- both for Crenshaw and today -- was highly orchestrated by The Masters. Maybe after his odd exchange with Ben someone coached him up for today's appearance.

He won a landslide poll of PGA players as the person the other players would ignore if he was being beaten up in the parking lot. Not very popular with his peers.

????????????
confused0024.r191677.gif

He shook Crenshaw's hand.

I hope the phony d-bag, Bubba Watson doesn't win. ????????????
confused0024.r191677.gif
How many other past champions were out there to greet Crenshaw as he left the course? It was a classy move by Bubba. The commentators even made that point.

Dude is 36, so he's not exactly "young." Understand that his appearance at the 18th green -- both for Crenshaw and today -- was highly orchestrated by The Masters. Maybe after his odd exchange with Ben someone coached him up for today's appearance.

He won a landslide poll of PGA players as the person the other players would ignore if he was being beaten up in the parking lot. Not very popular with his peers.
Links to the orchestration and the poll?

And still E.

That's besides your original point.
Not really. His point was that Tiger played as anticipated today and better than expected Thursday, Friday and Saturday.

I will say I am in disbelief of his chipping this week. After what he went through his last few outings I would have sworn he was done. That very thing has been the downfall of many a player. For him to be able to do what he did this week is remarkable.

Links to the orchestration and the poll?

Here's the poll and Bubbas response.

http://www.golfdigest.com/blogs/the-loop/2015/04/bubba-watson-addresses-espn-player-poll.html

If this same group of players was teeing off tomorrow morning at Augusta for a fresh 4-round tournament, who would you bet on?

I think I'd put my money on McIlroy. What Speith did was extraordinary, but he sure was missing a lot of fairways and short puts the last two days.

Originally posted by saenole:
If this same group of players was teeing off tomorrow morning at Augusta for a fresh 4-round tournament, who would you bet on?

I think I'd put my money on McIlroy. What Speith did was extraordinary, but he sure was missing a lot of fairways and short puts the last two days.
A backdoor leaderboard finish is a totally different challenge than holding the lead after each round and still winning.

Rory is incredibly talented and will win many more majors but comparing his weekend to Jordan's is like comparing your driving range swing to what happens on the last two holes of your round when you are on track for a new personal best round x 1,000.

I thought this was one of the best Masters we have seen in a very long time, although the coverage for the first 3 days was not all that good. The camera angles were not that good and it seemed the producer had ADHD with who they would cover. Jim Nantz could be heard cupping Phil's balls with his comments about him.

I was happy for Jordan's win today, it's good to see some fresh faces. Golf is doing well as indicated by the huge galleries. It will fun to see how this season unfolds.

Originally posted by ponchfrog:
although the coverage for the first 3 days was not all that good. The camera angles were not that good and it seemed the producer had ADHD with who they would cover.
Not sure what you mean by this. Typically, pre Tiger, they skipped around to get in as many shots as they could. Mostly shots of the leaders and some taped clips of notable shot elsewhere.

It wasn't until Tiger came along and they showed every shot of his did they follow one player.

I agree that there's a different kind of pressure when you're in the lead, and playing the "what if" game is nothing more than entertainment and speculation.

Having said that, you could argue that Jordan played much better when the pressure was less (the first two rounds) and that he had a lot more misfires when the pressure was higher (the last two rounds)...both his weekend scores were 5+ shots higher than Thursday and Friday. He was having trouble getting his tee shots in the fairway on Saturday and Sunday, and he missed several short putts...the latter may have been due to his unfamiliarity with the Augusta greens. Also, Jordan's not very long, and it puts a lot of pressure on the rest of your game when you're constantly 30 yards behind your competitor off the tee...and even more pressure when you're hitting from the rough.

So I stick by my choice of McIlroy if these guys were teeing it up this morning to play another four rounds.

Whatever, Jordan's win was a tremendous accomplishment and was wonderful to watch. It's going to be fun to see how he does in the coming years.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT