ADVERTISEMENT

Ole Jimloss has remarried

He’s a man isn’t he? A man does what he has to and that’s not to collect a check and job hunt in secrecy.
Not that I think Jimbo handled it well but isn’t that exactly how everyone hunts for a job? You don’t tell your boss hey I’m looking around please stop paying me.

Reactions: FSUfan1973
No doubt but that class still finished in the top ten. Not Jimbo level, but the best we’ve had since then. More importantly, there was still talent in the program when he left. We just pissed a lot of it away. Norvell would have signed 3 juco tackles his first class if he came in in 18 and was a year removed from an orange bowl. Taggart made a down year, a down era. You can’t foresee injuries but you can foresee depth issues

Can’t credit Jimbo for that class. Our ranking dropped all the way to the 70s until Taggart brought it back up to 11th or so.

He stopped recruiting for months, amongst other things.

Still being mad at Fisher for leaving is equivalent to dating the prettiest girl for four years in high school. She was there after football games with a sign cheering for you. She took you to Senior Prom and you both won prom Queen And King! Then she goes to college and breaks up with you to date a rich guy.

You’re on your second girlfriend since her and you still hold a grudge. It’s time to move on boys.

Can’t credit Jimbo for that class. Our ranking dropped all the way to the 70s until Taggart brought it back up to 11th or so.

He stopped recruiting for months, amongst other things.
Right, which was tags biggest achievement at FSU for sure but my point is that the biggest unarguable complaint about Jimbo was that and even that was salvaged by the new coach. No one would hate Jimbo if the new staff had been worth a lick. There was enough talent to be competitive and where the depth issues existed, the new staff could have taken action and would have been effective considering the recent success of the program. We defended Willie largely at the expense of jimbos reputation. I have my issues with fisher, don’t get me wrong, but none than outweigh what he did for the program from 07-17.

Screen_Shot_2017_11_29_at_7.46.02_PM.0.png

legend!

Reactions: bookernole
Still being mad at Fisher for leaving is equivalent to dating the prettiest girl for four years in high school. She was there after football games with a sign cheering for you. She took you to Senior Prom and you both won prom Queen And King! Then she goes to college and breaks up with you to date a rich guy.

You’re on your second girlfriend since her and you still hold a grudge. It’s time to move on boys.
That sounds like a real story...

Right, which was tags biggest achievement at FSU for sure but my point is that the biggest unarguable complaint about Jimbo was that and even that was salvaged by the new coach. No one would hate Jimbo if the new staff had been worth a lick. There was enough talent to be competitive and where the depth issues existed, the new staff could have taken action and would have been effective considering the recent success of the program. We defended Willie largely at the expense of jimbos reputation. I have my issues with fisher, don’t get me wrong, but none than outweigh what he did for the program from 07-17.

I hear you, but your prior post appeared to credit Jimbo for that class, so I simply responded.

I don’t openly trash Jimbo on these boards, but I do believe he did a lot more wrong than just stop recruiting his last year. In short, in many ways the man just stopped caring/doing his job the last few years of his time here. It showed. Hell, other coaches around the country seemingly even knew it.

On top of him apparently becoming a cancer his last few years, what made it even worse for me was how he trashed FSU, publicly, on the way out. No excuse for any of it.

i'll always appreciate his prioritizing beating the instate rivals but as noted above, his exit plan was horrendous and while the HC should be in charge of his program, his level of control became narcissistic as he gained experience as a HC.

I hear you, but your prior post appeared to credit Jimbo for that class, so I simply responded.

I don’t openly trash Jimbo on these boards, but I do believe he did a lot more wrong than just stop recruiting his last year. In short, in many ways the man just stopped caring/doing his job the last few years of his time here. It showed. Hell, other coaches around the country seemingly even knew it.

On top of him apparently becoming a cancer his last few years, what made it even worse for me was how he trashed FSU, publicly, on the way out. No excuse for any of it.
Agreed on how that comment read out, I didn’t mean it that way but it is how it sounds. He wasn’t responsible for that classes success.

I do not approve of how dramatic he made things but I do think there is something to the sport becoming more of a money game than it’s been since the early 80s and him smelling that from Athens and Clemson and hitting the panic button that if we didn’t seriously step it up, we’d lose our poll position in the pecking order and I think he was right on that, but I think an even bigger issue for his program was the fact that he didn’t get a real D-coordinator. So I don’t exonerate him but all in all, if he wasn’t ever our coach, there’s no guarantee who ever would have been would been successful and if FSU was still a trash heap in 10 and esp 11 when Miami went on probation, I don’t think Urban is necessarily gone from Gainesville and I think we could be in a much worse place than we are today. For that and the Natty, I will always be appreciative

Dont necessarily disagree but who's job was it to provide oversight for Jimbo? Prime example Barron craps on us and we keep Coburn his chief of staff on the payroll. What job does he have now? Wilcox just sat there for how many years and took up space and collected a paycheck. Cant blame JF for being an opportunist.
Grown azz men with integrity do the right thing in spite of disagreement and/or lack of direct supervision. He could have been a leader but decided to pout, get pissy when he didn't immediately get his way, point fingers instead of accepting responsibility and finally trashed us at the end. JF always wanted to be in the SEC and he seized the opportunity. I have no problem with him leaving in the circumstances. My problem resides in the largely false accusations he made on the way out, not to mention what he DIDN'T do in several arenas during the post JW era. Even if mostly true, which is also widely held, disrespecting the institution that brought him to the dance was unnecssary......

Agreed on how that comment read out, I didn’t mean it that way but it is how it sounds. He wasn’t responsible for that classes success.

I do not approve of how dramatic he made things but I do think there is something to the sport becoming more of a money game than it’s been since the early 80s and him smelling that from Athens and Clemson and hitting the panic button that if we didn’t seriously step it up, we’d lose our poll position in the pecking order and I think he was right on that, but I think an even bigger issue for his program was the fact that he didn’t get a real D-coordinator. So I don’t exonerate him but all in all, if he wasn’t ever our coach, there’s no guarantee who ever would have been would been successful and if FSU was still a trash heap in 10 and esp 11 when Miami went on probation, I don’t think Urban is necessarily gone from Gainesville and I think we could be in a much worse place than we are today. For that and the Natty, I will always be appreciative

Fair enough. And yes, agreed on the DC. Always believed with a quality DC we win a title in 2014. At minimum we get past that Oregon team.

Jimbo could’ve found another bright, up and coming DC (Stoops & Pruitt) to lead our defense after Pruitt’s departure, but instead he chose to hire Kelly while later pushing to have his pay increased. I suspect he made the decision because Kelly was a “yes” man to Jimbo and he knew he wasn’t likely gonna leave anytime soon. One major decision that helped doom his time here.

In any case, I am thankful for 2010-2014.

Damn. She's attractive but I never would have guessed she's only 2 years older than me, I was thinking 45ish
You better soon come around to thinking/accepting that females a lot older than she are attractive. Definitley true but even if not, your world will likely be a much happier place:cool:

Blaze, you are one of the few who is not biased in regard to JF. He did a good job, yes the last part of his tenure was ugly. Only the envious would continue to ridicule this man.
What? Envious of 75 mil? You damn straight.......!

Reactions: FSUfan1973

Damn that's a sad story! You OK........:eek:

Fair enough. And yes, agreed on the DC. Always believed with a quality DC we win a title in 2014. At minimum we get past that Oregon team.

Jimbo could’ve found another bright, up and coming DC (Stoops & Pruitt) to lead our defense after Pruitt’s departure, but instead he chose to hire Kelly while later pushing to have his pay increased. I suspect he made the decision because Kelly was a “yes” man to Jimbo and he knew he wasn’t likely gonna leave anytime soon. One major decision that helped doom his time here.

In any case, I am thankful for 2010-2014.
Agreed on all of that!

Again, two separate issues. I was raised to take pride in my work regardless of the circumstances. So yes, I do blame him for being an "opportunist" at the expense of those many of us who were paying his salary.
No I believe they are linked. You cant criticize one without the other. I'm not saying JF handled it correctly cause he didnt. Just seems some are willing to give the administration a pass and placing all the blame on Fisher.

The administration also shit on FSU football but that doesnt seem to be an issue.
That's your "opinion". Fine.
What jimbo did is fact.

Just because you're treated wrong, in your eyes, doesn't give you license to quit on your team and program, which he did.

For the last 3 years, how many times have you posted this bs???
You gonna ever get over it? lol

You do know there are plenty of one-time mythical national champion coaches...right? Can you say Gene Chizik? Exact same situation. One transformational QB. One great year. Because FSU has more clout, FSU had more players, so fisher's little run lasted a bit longer. However, neither one won ANYTHING once that QB left. Why was fisher never able to recruit another top QB???? A top QB who could actually stick and at least play for FSU?

I know, I know...you fantasize about jimbo. Maybe you should just give up on him and move on. He is and always has been a terrible person.

Reactions: Sparkzilla1
What jimbo did is fact.

Just because you're treated wrong, in your eyes, doesn't give you license to quit on your team and program, which he did.

You do know there are plenty of one-time mythical national champion coaches...right? Can you say Gene Chizik? Exact same situation. One transformational QB. One great year. Because FSU has more clout, FSU had more players, so fisher's little run lasted a bit longer. However, neither one won ANYTHING once that QB left. Why was fisher never able to recruit another top QB???? A top QB who could actually stick and at least play for FSU?

I know, I know...you fantasize about jimbo. Maybe you should just give up on him and move on. He is and always has been a terrible person.
Whoa, I'm bumpin elbows with you on how you 'move on' from Jimbo........!

Last edited:
What jimbo did is fact.

Maybe you should do your research and you would realize I never fantasized about Jimbo...far from it. The ineptness of the administration is also fact. My whole point is you cant hold JF responsible w/o including others in that conversation.

Grown azz men with integrity do the right thing in spite of disagreement and/or lack of direct supervision. He could have been a leader but decided to pout, get pissy when he didn't immediately get his way, point fingers instead of accepting responsibility and finally trashed us at the end. JF always wanted to be in the SEC and he seized the opportunity. I have no problem with him leaving in the circumstances. My problem resides in the largely false accusations he made on the way out, not to mention what he DIDN'T do in several arenas during the post JW era. Even if mostly true, which is also widely held, disrespecting the institution that brought him to the dance was unnecssary......
There a lot of things Jimbo couldve done better along with the administration. I've got news for people that dream of the days of Bobby who was loyal to FSU for the most part. Those days are over. Theres just too much money at stake now and unfortunately most of your championship coaches are going to be jerks or at least the vast majority of them. Unfortunately finding a championship coach with integrity is going to be harder to find in this world of college football.

Reactions: UFoundawaytogo4and8
What jimbo did is fact.

I agree with most everything you said except for this correction.....Dameyume Craig recruited Jameis Winston to FSU.

I agree with most everything you said except for this correction.....Dameyume Craig recruited Jameis Winston to FSU.

Not to be argumentative, but who had Craig put in the NFL? I agree he recruited Jameis, but the reason I believe Jameis came here was to play for a guy who had a pedigree of coaching 1st round draft picks.

Not to be argumentative, but who had Craig put in the NFL? I agree he recruited Jameis, but the reason I believe Jameis came here was to play for a guy who had a pedigree of coaching 1st round draft picks.

Meh on the pedigree. I disagree 100%.

If you watch the end of the Championship game, do you remember who Jameis was so emphatically running to to hug?

There a lot of things Jimbo couldve done better along with the administration. I've got news for people that dream of the days of Bobby who was loyal to FSU for the most part. Those days are over. Theres just too much money at stake now and unfortunately most of your championship coaches are going to be jerks or at least the vast majority of them. Unfortunately finding a championship coach with integrity is going to be harder to find in this world of college football.
So, you think Norvell will fail, become a jerk or just move on........?

Meh on the pedigree. I disagree 100%.

If you watch the end of the Championship game, do you remember who Jameis was so emphatically running to to hug?

So you honestly believe that quite possibly the best quarterback of a generation came to FSU so he could play under Dameyune Craig who has never called a play or developed an NFL Quarterback?

I guess that’s believable.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT