ADVERTISEMENT

Golf PGSF FedEx Cup Week 37 The Tour Championship

Dude, you put this together every week for no pay. You think anyone's gonna bitch because you
don't understand higher math? Hell, your corrected explanation fried my brain and made me wonder
if I'm becoming a simpleton.

Regardless, can I safely assume that being in 1st at -38 is pretty good and I'm not likely to finish DFL?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Dude, you put this together every week for no pay. You think anyone's gonna bitch because you
don't understand higher math? Hell, your corrected explanation fried my brain and made me wonder
if I'm becoming a simpleton.

Regardless, can I safely assume that being in 1st at -38 is pretty good and I'm not likely to finish DFL?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Wait a dang minute, you talking about my math skills..LoL
I was kidding about the profanity, but I do hate making mistakes as I want the game to be fair and we have a good group so don't want to lose anyone over a mistake.

Yes, your -38 is very good, right now you are the Tour Champion in the Adjusted Scoring Tournament.

Reactions: cmanole
League update with some scoring announcements. I messed up the scoring explanation not thinking earlier this week.
The last two years we have used the players on course scores and then adjusted on the reset. I forgot to change my spreadsheet to positive numbers for the starting position and it threw off the numbers in a dramatic way when I was entering them today. A comment by @SeaPA today made me realize I had screwed up the numbers when I started entering scores.

Therefore, the only way I know how to be fair if players were affected by my mistake is to score both ways for the Tournament, in which a winner will be recorded for the champion of the tournament and the adjusted scoring of the tournament. The player's actual score plus the point reset will determine the year-long PGSF FedEx Cup champion.
Please let me know what you think, as I don't want anyone to be upset, not say anything, and then not play next year, as we have a good group of players currently.

Here is where everyone stands after round 1 --again, sorry for the screw-up, long week at work, terrible drive back from Houston over the weekend etc etc etc and I did not catch the error until this afternoon.
Please send any complaints with foul language to username @ gmail.com so no one gets a vacation for posting them in the thread.

Current Leader of Tour Championship
2021-TC-1st-round.png

Current Leader of Adjusted Scoring Tour Championship
2021-TCA-1st-round.png

FedEx Champ Leaderboard
FEDEx-Champ.png

Good Luck tomorrow

If there is one in which I do not finish DFL, that is the one that I vote we use for official final standings. :D

What in gainesville has happened to Collin Morikawa?? I figured he couldn't possibly play so poorly two weeks in a row! 😠
Collin is not overly strong or long. If he’s not playing his A game on a long course, he struggles. I followed him here in Bradenton and he was telling his caddie that he needed to keep it out of the rough. I know everyone wants to stay out of the rough but I think this was more about Collin not liking Bermuda.

I love East Lake, such a great course to finish the year. Cantlay was on fire last two weeks. Congrats to a great finish to the year, and the 15 million.

In the PGSF, past champion and one of our most consistent players every week runs away with the win and PGSF FedEx Cup Championship.

Congratulations to this weeks winner and the 2021 PGSF FedEx Cup Championship @Bill From Tampa

TC-winner-21.png

Fed-Ex-Champ-21.png

Great Year, thank you for playing, and I look forward to everyone getting in their picks for the Sentry Tournament of Champions on Jan 7th, 2022

If there is one in which I do not finish DFL, that is the one that I vote we use for official final standings. :D

sorry @SeaPA both ways I did the numbers still left you DFL, but you tried and that's what really matters, good luck next year

Reactions: cmanole
Now that I think about it, maybe award 100 points to the winner toward the new season....

Reactions: NoleinATL
Is it time for a PAGSF golf outing for real?

I would actually love to do an outing if we could ever make it happen.
One suggestion and one request/demand

Could we do a 36 hole event, 18 in the morning and then 18 in the evening. I really want to play the new Seminole design, but if I am playing golf in Tally I would love to get in a round at Hilaman. Other than Bobby Jones in Atlanta, I have logged more rounds at Hilaman than any other course. It has been years, but I loved that terrible old track.

Demand
me and @NoleLizards are on the same team because our victory celebration will be legendary
and if we don't win, our last-place finish will be legendary

Could we do a 36 hole event, 18 in the morning and then 18 in the evening. I really want to play the new Seminole design, but if I am playing golf in Tally I would love to get in a round at Hilaman. Other than Bobby Jones in Atlanta, I have logged more rounds at Hilaman than any other course. It has been years, but I loved that terrible old track.

Demand
me and @NoleLizards are on the same team because our victory celebration will be legendary

Lordy, I haven't played Bobby Jones in over a decade. I actually shot one of my better rounds ever there. Not a great round, mind you, still didn't break 100, but hit a lot of decent shots that day.

Demand
I appreciate the sentiment, but even back in my ambulatory days I was never more than a hacker.

I love the game, but that emotion was largely unrequited.

\Count me in.

And thanks to the Commish for what must be a time-consuming task to put this on every year. And congrats to Bill for a big season.

Meanwhile, I have an appointment this afternoon with the Golf Whisperer to negotiate fees.

Congrats Ed on the tournament within a tournament win.

BTW, are the trophies being mailed or do I need to go pick them up? :)

sorry @SeaPA both ways I did the numbers still left you DFL, but you tried and that's what really matters, good luck next year

You clearly neglected to enforce the slow play rule, which requires DQ for any sloth who exceeds the suggested playing time of 2 hours.

I believe that leaves me with the only guy not DQ, so I win by default.

Joaquin Niemann sets record for fastest round at TOUR Championship​

Sep 05, 2021

In the final round of the 2021 TOUR Championship, Joaquin Niemann completes his final round in one hour and 53 minutes and shot a two-over 72 in the process.

https://www.pgatour.com/video/2021/...ord-for-fastest-round-at-tour-championsh.html

Maybe that is something the PGA should explore ..... speed golf. You get so many strokes or points deducted from your score depending on how fast you complete your round. So a player might shoot a 2 over round like Niemann did, but have 30 points/strokes deducted from that round giving him an adjusted score of -28 for having the fastest round.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT