ADVERTISEMENT

Ryder Cup 2018

I’ll take 3-1 for the opening matches. Surprised by the Woods/Reed loss, though I shouldn’t be. They had the biggest target on their backs.

Reactions: noleclone2
Helluva start. Am I weird for wanting US to win but not totally dominate so there’s some drama on Sunday? The Sunday’s singles matches are the best but a lot less fun if the title is all but wrapped up.

9v0c0eR.jpg

Reactions: RunRonnieRun
To make matters worse, the coverage is awful. Commercial breaks left and right.. and is there a rule that they are not allowed to show tee shots? 90% of coverage are on the greens

So, we should all temper our hopes to accommodate your watching schedule? I'm with RRR on this one.
No, you should absolutely do whatever it is that makes you happiest as it pertains to this event.

To make matters worse, the coverage is awful. Commercial breaks left and right.. and is there a rule that they are not allowed to show tee shots? 90% of coverage are on the greens

It has been terrible & the Golf Channel should be ashamed of themselves.

Wow, the afternoon was an absolute train wreck for the US.

I unfortunately was in person to witness the whoopin' the U.S. received in 2014 at Gleneagles in Scotland. Beautiful course and setting. It was just my brother in law and me. Great trip. He's actually in France this year and has tickets for Sunday. He's been to four of the last five Ryder Cups along with a British and U.S. Open appearance over the last few years. Bastard.

It has been terrible & the Golf Channel should be ashamed of themselves.
I wonder how much control the Golf Channel has over what's shown. They may be using the feed of the European PGA.

I wonder how much control the Golf Channel has over what's shown. They may be using the feed of the European PGA.
Golf Channel has their own people. The contract is through the PGA and "Ryder Cup Europe", whose respective bodies control the Ryder Cup. So they determine the advertising but the actual camera people, producers, and such are NBC/Golf Channel.

Reactions: DFSNOLE
Apparently the social media shellacking Golf Channel got early on worked a little. They at least would keep a window open for golf as the cut away. I’ve never seen anything like it the first few hours. Two golf shots, then five commercials. Rinse, wash, repeat... Terrible coverage.

Those afternoon alternate shot matches ............ man, what a bloodbath that was for the US. It was like they became amateurs all of a sudden playing against 8 Seve or Faldo clones.

You could, instead, go to the top notch PGA website for great coverage.:rolleyes:

Reactions: NoleinATL
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT