ADVERTISEMENT

smoke smog in NYC

2 years ago I had the misfortune of being in Lake Tahoe when they were having all those huge forest fires in CA. It was crazy. Ash was falling out of the air like snow. The hallways of the hotel smelled like fire. We had to leave 2 days early bc there was nothing you could really do outside.

• Wow
Reactions: BrianNole777
As expected most of the media is claiming its due to climate change but wildfires are common in Canada as they have a fire season in the summer.

Reactions: fsufool and F4Gary
Option 3 is dummies in the woods. The news reported 50% of Canadian wildfires are man made. That number is even higher for the dummies in the U.S.

They also had a series of dry thunderstorms up there, a lot of thunder and lightning with no rain.

The air in NYC is red.

I'm sure climate change is having an impact.

The world is such a mess on so many levels. 😞
Freak Out Reaction GIF

The smoke smog is from all the doobies being burned in Chelsea and SoHo and the Jimmy Hendrix Vapor stores. Victoria Secret being so hot on the corner of 35th Street doesn't help either. That place is always smokin'. Can you imagine how a man feels when he's the only man in there? Its just like NBA Action. Its Fantastic!
Lenny Briscoe

• Haha
That's not how climate change works. :)

Seriously though. The earth is 4.54 billion years old and per the data NASA has samples showing carbon dioxide in the atmosphere for the last 800,000 years. That's a pretty small sample isnt it? 1% of that time would be 4.5 million years. Or is my math wrong? Ive been drinking.

Reactions: F4Gary
Seriously though. The earth is 4.54 billion years old and per the data NASA has samples showing carbon dioxide in the atmosphere for the last 800,000 years. That's a pretty small sample isnt it? 1% of that time would be 4.5 million years. Or is my math wrong? Ive been drinking.

Dunno.

What are you drinking?

Isn't it a little early? :)

The air in NYC is red.

I'm sure climate change is having an impact.

The world is such a mess on so many levels. 😞
The real culprit is development, that has put homes in harms ways. CA has been almost alone in their insistence on not clearing away the underbrush that fuels the fires in that state. These fires are mostly from lightning strikes on unusually dry forrests' combined with a weather pattern that sent the smoke into heavily populated areas of the US. Fires are natures way of cleansing. Went to Yellowstone right after a big fire there years ago and the forrest service did a great job of explaining it. Here in New Hampshire/Vermont we are missing the smoke from these fires, but usually get smoke from the ones out west in Montana, Utah, Northern California, etc. Don't forget that Canada has 9% of the worlds forrest and usually 3% of the large forrest fires, we just don't usually hear about them because the smoke doesn't come to heavily populated US cities.

A few years ago here in Jax we had issues when a huge fire broke out in South Georgia in the okeefenokee swamp during the spring dry season. Smoke made it overcast and the air was smoky and had a strong smell. Ashes on cars.
The fire didn’t go out completely until summer rainy season started.

• Wow
I hate that critters get killed in the fires!

I’m a dumbazz when it comes to these things but seems it could be a combination of all of the above mentioned causes

If it were 100% climate change wouldn’t fires be happening in forests all over the world simultaneously?

Sic once stated the hurricanes during hurricane season were due to climate change😳

Seems like hurricanes would happen all year around if due to climate change

Just my two cents

Reactions: trunole1
Has anybody asked increasingly influential Marjorie Taylor Greene if Jewish space lasers are again the possible culprit here, or are those reserved for Calif wildfires?

Or AOC, she was sure fast to blame the fires on climate change

See, each side has dipshits on them!

And who can forget when Obama/Biden made Netanyahu come thru the back door at White House

For the record I stand with Israel! God said” I will Bless those who Bless you and curse those whose curse you”!

Or AOC, she was sure fast to blame the fires on climate change

See, each side has dipshits on them!

And who can forget when Obama/Biden made Netanyahu come thru the back door at White House

For the record I stand with Israel! God said” I will Bless those who Bless you and curse those whose curse you”!
For such an unforgettable memory as this alleged White House back door snub that you mention, I sure would expect there to be lots of accounts of it online.

Yes, Obama and Netanyahu have had a long history of ups and downs over their long relationship and the many Israeli policy and political complexities involved, but I found no mention at all of this “who can forget” back door snub you refer to.

Any link? (and no, “research it yourself” would be a weak response… I already did)

Another thread hijacked.
lol, so when folks on one side of the aisle use wildfires to mock climate science, masking, etc., that's fine and on-topic, but the second anybody inserts anything from the other side of the aisle, that's "hijacking"... cool, seems logical

lol, so when folks on one side of the aisle use wildfires to mock climate science, masking, etc., that's fine and on-topic, but the second anybody inserts anything from the other side of the aisle, that's "hijacking"... cool, seems logical
What makes you think I was talking about you?

It would be nice if you weren't so defensive.

Reactions: GeddyLee09
Back on track, I see no mention of “ El Niño” in the climate activists rhetoric

El Niño and La Niña both have huge affects on weather patterns

They come an go as they please it seems

Disclaimer:
I am not a scientist nor a weatherman

But it seems that during La Niña there are more Atlantic storms and drought/ fires out west

During El Niño more pacific storms and drought/ fires in the east

Bash away freely you message board correcto mundos!

For such an unforgettable memory as this alleged White House back door snub that you mention, I sure would expect there to be lots of accounts of it online.

Yes, Obama and Netanyahu have had a long history of ups and downs over their long relationship and the many Israeli policy and political complexities involved, but I found no mention at all of this “who can forget” back door snub you refer to.

Any link? (and no, “research it yourself” would be a weak response… I already did)

It Begins Here We Go GIF by hero0fwar

Reactions: F4Gary
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT