ADVERTISEMENT

smoke smog in NYC

You, last week: “I’ll just return you to ignore now. Prost!
Also you: Obsess, stalk, triggered, obsess, stalk, triggered, obsess, stalk, triggered, rinse and repeat.
Snowflake indeed.
Lol
You obviously think very highly of yourself. That's good. Seemed like a good response to your as usual "link" or "source" response to every post you object to. As you can see I'm not the only one who thinks you have a problem. Maybe its the climate change fueled heat that's doing it?

• Haha
Reactions: F4Gary and trunole1
You obviously think very highly of yourself. That's good. Seemed like a good response to your as usual "link" or "source" response to every post you object to. As you can see I'm not the only one who thinks you have a problem. Maybe its the climate change fueled heat that's doing it?
Source citations are helpful and awesome, for those who genuinely value truth and learning.

In case you’ve somehow missed this despite your longtime obsessive devotion to my posts, I’m an unapologetic fan of personal integrity and being truthful, even on a sports message board.

I also like learning new stuff, if it’s backed by reality or at least some credible basis, but not if it’s merely partisan bs and lies dressed up as supposedly harmless hyperbole.

Not a fan whatsoever of fabricated stats, revisionist history and other situationally convenient message board shortcuts that do nothing but erode the quality and usefulness of any exchange and promulgate fake news. I tend to consider that as being weak, lazy, lame, weaselly, especially when the “we’ll just throw this out there and hope it’s not challenged” approach is used repeatedly, and normalized, even celebrated.

Given how strongly our very different takes are regarding the importance of truthiness, it’s probably best for you to give that ignore function another try.
Better luck this time.

Source citations are helpful and awesome, for those who genuinely value truth and learning.

In case you’ve somehow missed this despite your longtime obsessive devotion to my posts, I’m an unapologetic fan of personal integrity and being truthful, even on a sports message board.

I also like learning new stuff, if it’s backed by reality or at least some credible basis, but not if it’s merely partisan bs and lies dressed up as supposedly harmless hyperbole.

Not a fan whatsoever of fabricated stats, revisionist history and other situationally convenient message board shortcuts that do nothing but erode the quality and usefulness of any exchange and promulgate fake news. I tend to consider that as being weak, lazy, lame, weaselly, especially when the “we’ll just throw this out there and hope it’s not challenged” approach is used repeatedly, and normalized, even celebrated.

Given how strongly our very different takes are regarding the importance of truthiness, it’s probably best for you to give that ignore function another try.
Better luck this time.
Got it. Everyone with an opinion that differs from yours is a liar, weak, lazy, weaselly and lame. At least we all know where you really stand on things.

Its good that you have places like this to speak your mind as I doubt much of your rhetoric would be tolerated in an actual conversation.

Got it. Everyone with an opinion that differs from yours is a liar, weak, lazy, weaselly and lame. At least we all know where you really stand on things.

It’s good that you have places like this to speak your mind as I doubt much of your rhetoric would be tolerated in an actual conversation.
LOL
Another message board tactic that is indisputably weak, lazy, weaselly and lame is twisting someone’s words to refute what they did not actually say.

As you know, nowhere did I characterize “differing opinions” as weak or anything else.

Perhaps you’re a fan though of conveniently repackaging fabrications that can’t be supported by any credible factual basis as mere “differing opinions”.

But you do you. Or follow through on your ignore efforts.

• Haha
Reactions: GeddyLee09
LOL
Another message board tactic that is indisputably weak, lazy, weaselly and lame is twisting someone’s words to refute what they did not actually say.

As you know, nowhere did I characterize “differing opinions” as weak or anything else.

Perhaps you’re a fan though of conveniently repackaging fabrications that can’t be supported by any credible factual basis as mere “differing opinions”.

But you do you. Or follow through on your ignore efforts.
Seems you are really an expert at the first part since its indisputable. I will admit you are good at twisting words and using flowery jargon in defense of your causes and pushing your fake outrage. Keep fighting the good fight.

CO2 by the numbers?

% of the atmosphere .04%
% from natural forces 95%
% from manmade sources 5%?
% from US manmade sources 12.6%
% water vapor in the atmosphere 0 to 4% depending on location polar or tropics

CO2 by the numbers?
% from US manmade sources 12.6%
Will let you study up on subsets and figure out why those 2 lines are completely incongruous...

Just a possible storm alert for those weather extremists alarmists out there!

Yes, a low pressure system off the coast of Africa, may develop into something, or may not

Go figure, has to be due to global warming, right!

Or is it possible it’s because it’s ... wait for it... “ hurricane season “?

I’m willing to bet that by next Friday someone on Capitol Hill will come out and say it’s global warming

If not I take a week vacay

Any takers?

Reactions: trunole1
61, I haven’t had time to search and if I’m wrong I’m man enough to admit it concerning the back door thing

For such an unforgettable memory as this alleged White House back door snub that you mention, I sure would expect there to be lots of accounts of it online.

Yes, Obama and Netanyahu have had a long history of ups and downs over their long relationship and the many Israeli policy and political complexities involved, but I found no mention at all of this “who can forget” back door snub you refer to.

Any link? (and no, “research it yourself” would be a weak response… I already did)

So 61, it’s been 8 years or so

Basically it states that Bibi wasn’t getting treated right by obummer, so he had to go thru Congress “the back door”, to make his case

The Jewish chronicle
Jan 29,2015 article

Titled:

Bibi, the guest in by the back door

Sorry, I don’t know how to link

After obummer and Biden sent millions in cash, to Iran in the middle of the night I would agree Israel was correct in their concern!

Will let you study up on subsets and figure out why those 2 lines are completely incongruous...
What are the correct %'s?

Basically it states that Bibi wasn’t getting treated right by obummer, so he had to go thru Congress “the back door”, to make his case

The Jewish chronicle
Jan 29,2015 article

Titled:

After obummer and Biden sent millions in cash, to Iran in the middle of the night I would agree Israel was correct in their concern!
Lol colloquialisms aren’t generally made to be taken literally, and especially not so literally that they reach “who can forget…” status

What are the correct %'s?
I’m not the one who cared enough to post such gibberish. Not interested. Just found it humorous how often meme-and-podcast-trained contrarians regurgitate their “gotcha” findings with none of the tools or actual training required to have a real understanding of what they’re consuming and spreading.
Those 2 lines you posted simply cannot coexist… it’s mathematically impossible.
Enjoy yourself though.

• Wow

The Jewish chronicle
Jan 29,2015 article

Titled:

Itch, since you’re a fellow Nole whom I like, let me help you out with that link:

Unfortunately, there’s nothing at all in that writeup or any other opinion piece or news article that supports your earlier “who can forget” memory of Bibi being supposedly relegated to the literal back door of the White House.

There are plenty of accountings though of Netanyahu’s very long up and down relationship with Obama, Biden and other US and global leaders, as well as with politicians in Israel’s own super fractious Knesset and other thought leaders in Israel and throughout the Middle East and Europe.
The complexity is far beyond what you’ve presented and way above our pay grade.

Happy Father’s Day and Go Noles!

I’m not the one who cared enough to post such gibberish. Not interested. Just found it humorous how often meme-and-podcast-trained contrarians regurgitate their “gotcha” findings with none of the tools or actual training required to have a real understanding of what they’re consuming and spreading.
Those 2 lines you posted simply cannot coexist… it’s mathematically impossible.
Enjoy yourself though.
So you don't have the %'s.
12.6% of the 5% can't exist?

So you don't have the %'s.
12.6% of the 5% can't exist?
That’s not what you posted, but feel free to revise your sans-citation random numbers all you want.
You:
“CO2 by the numbers:
% from US manmade sources 12.6%”

If manmade sources account for 5% of CO2 as you allege, then any partial subset of manmade sources can’t account for 12.6% of CO2”
I’m hoping you don’t need an explanation of why that is.

Good luck to you in all your super credible science-busting.

That’s not what you posted, but feel free to revise your sans-citation random numbers all you want.
You:
“CO2 by the numbers:
% from US manmade sources 12.6%”

If manmade sources account for 5% of CO2 as you allege, then any partial subset of manmade sources can’t account for 12.6% of CO2”
I’m hoping you don’t need an explanation of why that is.

Good luck to you in all your super credible science-busting.
Was he saying that 12.6% of the 5% manmade comes from the US? So in relation to the posted numbers about .625% of manmade C02 in the atmosphere comes from US sources. Maybe?

Reactions: F4Gary
Not clicking on that, but we have gone from a La Nina to an El Nino weather pattern.
It ain't anything "man" has done.
Actually the video is well done and should be broadcast nation wide to educate the public on the whole false narrative of C02 and climate change BS.

Actually the video is well done and should be broadcast nation wide to educate the public on the whole false narrative of C02 and climate change BS.
I don't think Heartland Institute should be broadcast anywhere

Heartland Institute – Bias and Credibility​

right011.png

MBFCLow.png

Overall, we rate the Heartland Institute Right Biased and Questionable based on promoting anti-science propaganda, lack of transparency with funding, and more than five failed fact checks by IFCN fact-checkers.

Is this guy lying?

Nothing to do with Heartland Inst.

National Conference on Climate Change not credible?

Is this guy lying?

Nothing to do with Heartland Inst.

National Conference on Climate Change not credible?
You tell me.

Willard Anthony Watts (born 1958) is an American blogger who runs Watts Up With That?, a popular climate change denial blog that opposes the scientific consensus on climate change.[4][5][6][7] A former television meteorologist and current radio meteorologist,[8][9][10] he is also founder of the Surface Stations project, a volunteer initiative to document the condition of U.S. weather stations.[11] The Heartland Institute helped fund some of Watts' projects, including publishing a report on the Surface Stations project, and has invited him to be a paid speaker at its International Conference on Climate Change from 2008 to 2014.[12][13]

You tell me.

Willard Anthony Watts (born 1958) is an American blogger who runs Watts Up With That?, a popular climate change denial blog that opposes the scientific consensus on climate change.[4][5][6][7] A former television meteorologist and current radio meteorologist,[8][9][10] he is also founder of the Surface Stations project, a volunteer initiative to document the condition of U.S. weather stations.[11] The Heartland Institute helped fund some of Watts' projects, including publishing a report on the Surface Stations project, and has invited him to be a paid speaker at its International Conference on Climate Change from 2008 to 2014.[12][13]
What part of that makes him a liar? He has a different interpretation of the data and called into question some of the given sets. I'm not sure that indicates he's making things up.

I don't think Heartland Institute should be broadcast anywhere

Heartland Institute – Bias and Credibility​

right011.png

MBFCLow.png

Overall, we rate the Heartland Institute Right Biased and Questionable based on promoting anti-science propaganda, lack of transparency with funding, and more than five failed fact checks by IFCN fact-checkers.

Using the lack of transparency in funding part above we could add the CDC, WHO and NIH to that list as well.

Not clicking on that, but we have gone from a La Nina to an El Nino weather pattern.
It ain't anything "man" has done.
But, but, but the scientific consensus? We only have reliable climate data up to about 150 years and even that could be questioned. Any thing beyond that is based on models and even if we had reliable data from the last 10000 years its still not a drop in the bucket compared to the age of the planet.

Lets say we go from when scientists think the earth stopped warming (4-6 k years ago) that's still only a 2.5% sample size.

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2022/10/221004104949.htm

Nothing specifically. But when you use a biased source to prove your point, it weakens your position IMO.
True. Its difficult these days to find unbiased sources especially in the media. I think true objectivity is long gone in most arenas.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT