ADVERTISEMENT

So what are the hobbies

it’s hard for me to post pics for some reason, but it’s not remarkable. Just functional and good enough to make the wife happy. I used furring strips tied to studs along the wall, 1x8 shelves held up by 2x4 supports on front, dumping the dead load onto the slab. Craftsman planer for planing a basic mobile table saw with a 50-tooth finishing blade (love my finishing blade!). Stain followed by wipe-on poly. Made the ladder using red oak 1x4s and 1.25” dowel rods for supports.

I have made a few pieces of standing furniture in past, it’s fun but dang I have trouble getting everything perfectly square. It’s all for me or family, nothing professional. Good enough ;)

thanks for the info. . im in the same boat....perfectly square sure seems easy till it's your turn!

Reactions: eltonblues
I'm getting my private pilots license.

I set aside money to do it last year, but life had other plans. Aviation has always been a passion so I'm jumping the fence (instead if watching)!!
What a great idea ! Can you give me an idea of the cost ? Do you think it's too late for a 62 year old guy to take up ?

Where are you based out of? I grew up in Naples and used to mate for Shawn at 6 Chuter Charters (Marco Island)... Nice little summer job for a teenager. I envy you sir!
I run a flats skiff out of Fort Myers/Pine Island area. Mostly back country light tackle stuff (snook, redfish, tarpon)

Reactions: Odel4Pres
I have been starting to learn Spanish. I also want to work out and try to work on my basketball skills to see if I can make the adult basketball league around here. I need plenty of work. But I’m gonna have plenty of free time with the pandemic keeping me around the house.
Which if any Spanish language app are you using and how do you like it. I’ve been thinking of taking the plunge.

Which if any Spanish language app are you using and how do you like it. I’ve been thinking of taking the plunge.

Im using duolingo I like it a lot but a guy who used it for Italian said it’s only gonna give me a foundation and then I’ll need more training like listening to Spanish music or Spanish tv. But if you’re like me and don’t know much spanish at all then I’d say definitely use it. I’m using the free version and the ads aren’t that bothersome

What a great idea ! Can you give me an idea of the cost ? Do you think it's too late for a 62 year old guy to take up ?
I'm told $6k-10k.

Also its an expensive hobby to maintain (rent/buy a plane, maintenance, insurance) but I'm a geek that can watch planes take off and land all day!

Go for it! There's a guy starting with me that if I had to guess is mid 60s.

Reactions: fsukenny
Cars, namely Japanese cars, it's an expensive hobbie and can make you question yourself lol. Bass fishing is my next go to.

I have been starting to learn Spanish. I also want to work out and try to work on my basketball skills to see if I can make the adult basketball league around here. I need plenty of work. But I’m gonna have plenty of free time with the pandemic keeping me around the house.
Make sure you stretch!!

Your mind says "I still got it!"

Your legs, back, and achilles say "I thought we were sitting on the couch tonight!"

At least this was my experience.

Reactions: NYC Nole
I'm getting my private pilots license.

I set aside money to do it last year, but life had other plans. Aviation has always been a passion so I'm jumping the fence (instead of watching)!!
Nice! What are you training in?

Nice! What are you training in?
I was hoping you'd respond. I couldn't think of your user name off the top of my head.

Cessna 172

My buddy is a Cirrus guy and wants me train in a SR20.

Last edited:
Drums, guitar, swimming for workouts, python programming, kitesurfing if in Florida - bought equipment and haven't been able to use it yet

Little place called Chilichothie, Ross county.

I have family that lives and also hunts in eastern Ohio. But there are all kinds of spots to go. Anywhere south of columbus. And east of Columbus. I-70 is a good cutoff line so to speak. Anywhere south and east of that.

Reactions: bungman
I have family that lives and also hunts in eastern Ohio. But there are all kinds of spots to go. Anywhere south of columbus. And east of Columbus. I-70 is a good cutoff line so to speak. Anywhere south and east of that.
We are south of Columbus about hour and a half.

We are south of Columbus about hour and a half.

yep. I used to live in Columbus. And my fiancé at the time drug me to Chillicothe for some pumpkin/fall festival they have every year lol

Or maybe it was circleville Ohio? I can’t remember

yep. I used to live in Columbus. And my fiancé at the time drug me to Chillicothe for some pumpkin/fall festival they have every year lol

I'm pretty sure it is Chilichothie that has the pumpkin/ fall festival. Once you've experienced it you never have to again LOL.
I love Southern Ohio that time of year!!! The sunrises and sunsets over the hills are just amazing!!!

Reactions: Ohio1nole

Probably just the usual; lots of sex with a little alligator wrestling thrown in. Actually, probably more a alligator wrestling than sex

Reactions: Ohio1nole
I was hoping you'd respond. I couldn't think of your user name off the top of my head.

Cessna 172

My buddy is a Cirrus guy and wants me train in an SR20.
That's great. Learn on the old steam gauge stuff and then later upgrade to the new stuff.
Also, see if your instructor will do some spin recovery with you. I don't think they teach that anymore but everyone should be exposed to it.

Reactions: Vangeezy
Gave up Deer Hunting a very very long time ago because of College Football. I’ll go back to hunting and fishing if there is no season. I will not watch any sports that play to politics. Hope the NFL doesn’t mess up or I’ll just hunt and fish. I watch Sports for entertainment, if it becomes political it is not entertaining to me.

Reactions: Bryantcole3
Still a lot of golf for me. And reading.

Played in a pro-am this morning. Playing about 3/4 times per week. Doing some swimming and rafting in the rivers this summer.

Fall is going to be here before long. Gonna bag a deer and maybe an elk this fall.

Reactions: bungman
I really want to improve my golf game.....also, get a little more serious about biking, as well as get more involved with my children's sports....

Reactions: Vangeezy
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT