ADVERTISEMENT

Something your wife does, or gf, that pisses you off....

All of the above, plus walking her cart down the middle of the isle at Publix (any store with narrow isles really) and taking 20 minutes to start the car once she climbed in. So rude!

SKMjgc.png

Last edited:
I would LOVE to see what your SO would say about all of you.

I'm a very logical person and female, but horribly fiscally irresponsible mainly because I love shopping, I've learned to curb that some.

I asked my hubby last night he said the only thing that drives him crazy sometimes is that I can be needy, LOL. I'm ok with that!
I'm sure that my wife would have a laundry list of things about me that drive her crazy. I'm not nearly naive enough to think that I'm without fault - either in general, or as it relates to being in a relationship. Let's see if I can name a few...
- When it comes to giving advice or making decisions, I'm completely cold and unemotional. I'm purely fact-based, even when it's going to hurt someone's feelings to hear what I say. Just different personalities and thought processes, but I see being able to remove thoughts and feelings from a decision as a positive, but she sees it as a negative.
- On a similar note, I'm just as detached when it comes to mementos, keepsakes, etc. I want to throw just about everything away, regardless of any sentimental value that it might have for others. It's all just clutter to me, and that drives her nuts!
- I'm impossible to get up out of bed in the mornings. Impossible! I hate mornings, and I hate everything associated with them. Conversely, it's hard to get me to go to bed at night - I do a lot of my best, most productive work from probably 6-9pm in the evenings. She's the opposite - she's up at something like 5AM every morning (as best I can tell).
- When I find something I want to buy, I do a TON of research and then pull the trigger on it, all within a very short window. It makes her uncomfortable that I act so fast. But, to my defense, I do all the research and I make really well-informed decisions: I just don't tread lightly into it, "sleep on it", etc.
And, the big one...
- She hates that I dip. It's not often, and it's not where anyone else can really see it, but at night after we're done for the evening and the kid's off to bed, I'll go downstairs, watch TV and put a dip in while I'm sitting around unwinding and relaxing. She's gotten more used to it, but I know that she's still prefer that I didn't do it.

So, see, I'm self-actualized enough to be able to point it back at me and pretty accurately tell you what's there. Sure, there's more I could get into, but those are probably the high points.

The only exception I can proffer is my mother. She was wickedly good with finances and keeping everything in line. So much that it pissed my dad off and he took the check book away from her. Lol.

Conversely, I need someone to take ALL financial responsibilities away from me. I'm horrible. Give me an allowance and I'd thank whoever my SO is.
I'm a lot like you here. My mom was absolutely the one taking care of all the household finances growing up. My dad wasn't concerned with that and would have personally tried to finance every Vietnam Vet charity and Indian Boys' School that he got mail for if he'd been allowed to.

As for me, I've had to take a greater interest in finances, but I'd rather not. It would be easier if I just went and did the work and let the wife worry about how to appropriately spend the money. Unfortunately, it's not always so easy to just clearly delineate it like that.

She can add and subtract AND she's responsible which makes her worth her weight in gold. If she's also into yoga, twice her weight.
Consider yourself blessed.

Yeah, I sure do. These threads are kind of fun, but I know I'm lucky that the things that REALLY matter, like money, child rearing, religion, and um...bedroom stuff...I don't have any of the problems a lot of guys deal with. Nothing that actually gets the blood pressure up.

One more crazy thing...she could not understand football less. For someone who has been to at least 20 games with me, grew up across the street from Rich Stadium in Buffalo in the height of the Bills "glory daze", and has had football on in her house for at least 12 hours every fall Saturday for 20 years, it's mind boggling that someone could understand it less. You could pick up a New Guinea tribesman and dump him out anywhere in America, and even if you never specifically mentioned football to him, he would pick up more understanding of the game in 24 months just from the general culture, than she has in a lifetime.

She doesn't even pretend to sit and watch a whole game with me any more, but she'll still sit down for a half here or there when a game is on. And she says things like, "did they intercept the fumble?" or why the other team got the ball after a punt. She'll just miss like six or seven plays while she's watching, and then want it explained how it got to that point.

"Wait, Florida State just had the ball...did Clemson intercept it?"

"No, we missed a field goal."

"And they intercepted it?"

"No..."

"Sigh, I mean did they Clemson catch it or whatever?"

"No, they don't catch field goals."

"Then how'd Clemson get it?"

"They just do, if you miss a field goal."

"Why did Florida State kick a field goal, they were so far away by their own side?"

"Well, they actually got a couple first downs and moved almost to the Clemson 20."

"He missed a 20 yard field goal? That's a short one"

"Well, no, that's actually almost a 40 yard field goal."

"Oh, well that's too far, they always miss long ones. They should have tried a touchdown."

"Well...you know...you're right dear."

It's like dialogue written for a foreign exchange student. Luckily my son is old enough to still try to earnestly answer her questions now. It's hilarious.

Great post Lou. My wife doesn't even pretend to like football. She will watch baseball and soccer though but doesn't understand how a game can impact ones mood. It's s complete foreign concept to her.

It would be interesting to get our wife's perspective on this question about us. I already know what she was say- that I fart too much.

Update. I finally got shed of the dumbass treadmill that has haunted our house for years. What a waste that thing was.
On a positive note, buying tickets to a show last night was well worth it. My baby doll got to see one of her favorite bands, the food and drink were great and we had an indoor fireworks display later back at the crib. She loves going out like that, but it takes a lot of coaxing...

Reactions: BillWesJay
So she cooks, makes a huge mess and I do the dishes. I am loading the dishwasher which is right next to the sink, and she proceeds to put things into the sink. I always tell her just out it in the dishwasher. It's open and right there. When cooking I say just wipe and can clean as you go but well that's just to complicate a request.

Have to agree with all of the dinner comments. My wife is super easy to get along with. We both work demanding and stressful jobs, and she realizes this as do I, so we know when the other is not in the mood for BS. However, when it comes to what we are going to have for dinner, you would think we were trying to solve the world's largest problem. It's food for gods sake, we are gonna sit down, eat, and leave.

Last edited:
Update. I finally got shed of the dumbass treadmill that has haunted our house for years. What a waste that thing was.
On a positive note, buying tickets to a show last night was well worth it. My baby doll got to see one of her favorite bands, the food and drink were great and we had an indoor fireworks display later back at the crib. She loves going out like that, but it takes a lot of coaxing...

She wore a baby doll outfit back at the house?! Cool!
I'm just not interested in bringing other women into our relationship. No matter how many times I say it, it doesn't sink in with her. So frustrating.

LOL - yes, that can be a burden.

All kinda innuendo up in this place!

Gosh, it's amazing how I've managed to buy a house, pay it down ahead of schedule, pay for a lot of home improvement projects, carry zero credit card debt for several years, and have a credit score of over 825...without the help of a big, strong, wealthy man.

Sounds like you have been mighty lucky. Imagine what you could do with the help of a man.

Inability to keep track of where she put her keys, glasses, purse...When I get to the house, I always put my wallet, keys & shades in the same spot on the corner of the counter. She comes in & randomly tosses hers down. When it's time to go, she inevitably can't find her stuff.

Even worse is when she "straightens up", which includes moving my stuff to one of her random spots.

Dude, I'm calling bullshat when you said she "straightens up!" lol

I love the woman to death but my wife drives me crazy in more ways than I can explain...but here's a try

She's incredibly light sensitive so our room has to be dark as death. Gone are the days when I can fall asleep with the TV on.

During the day the house has to be warm and she wears a sweater to a restaurant in the summer. But she turns our bedroom into an igloo at night.

She hogs the covers because it's Arctic cold in our room then claims that I "threw your covers" onto her. Never mind that I'm a block of ice

She hates practically every restaurant we go to.

She complains that the housekeeper doesn't do a good job and the yard man sucks. Yet she doesn't want to do either

Every time I say something to her she says "Huh" or "What" so I have to repeat myself. I've stopped repeating myself

She comes home from work and machine guns me with what happened during her day. She's a school teacher so it's the same day she's had for the past 15 years.

She doesn't drink alcohol much but ALWAYS orders a second glass of wine or second drink and NEVER finishes it.

She always orders the most expensive thing on the menu and rarely eats more than half of it. Plus she doesn't like leftovers

She never carries cash and doesn't mind using her debit card for a $2 cup of coffee

Waits until something about the Lakers or FSU comes on SportsCenter then starts telling a story

She tells a lot of stories....i mean a lot of stories.

Well, gotta go to the ice cave now. Wish me luck......

Reactions: jim65
I can turn this on me too, no problem.

I snore, sometimes VERY loud.

I like to complain about the house being too cold, while wearing a t-shirt and shorts

I don't really organize my clothes, and hang on to clothes long after I've stopped wearing them.

I'm way more critical of places, experiences, food/restaurants, etc, while she is way more critical of people

I am particular about my hot food being hot (she is not bothered by lukewarm meals)

There was a time I wasn't frugal enough with money, and now I'm too cheap/bargain hunting/coupon obsessed than makes sense for our current situation.

I think I know everything (not true, but this is her interpretation of same logic/feeling/everything is a problem to be solved that every couple deals with)

My memory is not very good.

This whole thread is about mental acuity.

Get to know your significant other. Just listen.

Spends money like a fiend and she is constantly looking for fashion advice, several mirror shots a day. She also NEEDS to be the center of attention, probably the result of her relationship with her father an emotional flat liner. That said, it feel like she's saying the attention I give her isn't enough. She was a casual drinker by the age of 16, but after we were married she quickly developed a tolerance for alcohol usually reserved for Irish dockworkers so it's not uncommon for our entertainment bill to be right up there with middle class mortgage payment. It's most likely self inflicted as I was the one that turned her on to Macallan 18. T's and P's are appreciated.

DOESN'T WORK WITHOUT THE PICS
SO YOU CAN DELETE THE POST

Last edited:
Spends money like a fiend and she is constantly looking for fashion advice, several mirror shots a day. She also NEEDS to be the center of attention, probably the result of her relationship with her father an emotional flat liner. That said, it feel like she's saying the attention I give her isn't enough. She was a casual drinker by the age of 16, but after we were married she quickly developed a tolerance for alcohol usually reserved for Irish dockworkers so it's not uncommon for our entertainment bill to be right up there with middle class mortgage payment. It's most likely self inflicted as I was the one that turned her on to Macallan 18. T's and P's are appreciated.

rKaJrj.jpg
GX0SoZ.png

N8tBZq.jpg

aHPKdn.jpg

that napkin quote is beautiful man.

She comes home from work and machine guns me with what happened during her day. She's a school teacher so it's the same day she's had for the past 15 years.
THIS IS THE WORST. Here's how it goes.
HER: How was your day?
ME: Good, thanks.
HER: 30 minute long breakdown of her day highlighting events and points that wouldn't have even registered as something worth remembering to me.

It's amazing how monumental some of these little moments are to her, for example if a car cuts her off in traffic, you can bet that she literally "almost died" and it was a traumatizing event that everyone needs to hear. If a car cuts me off in traffic, I have forgotten about it by the time I take the next turn.

Constitutionally incapable of being on time. I think it is intentional, and part of the Sorority Princess mentality of walking in late so that "all eyes are on me." Literally cannot be ANYWHERE on time, irrespective of the event or its significance. She does not work and has no meaningful obligations.

Waiting now to shove off for Tally. Almost 30 minutes late and counting.

I would say the worst part is being expected to remember everything she says including gossip.
"No I don't remember Joe died. Who's Joe again? Oh someone in the town you grew up in that I never met in my life. Yup still don't remember."

Constitutionally incapable of being on time. I think it is intentional, and part of the Sorority Princess mentality of walking in late so that "all eyes are on me." Literally cannot be ANYWHERE on time, irrespective of the event or its significance. She does not work and has no meaningful obligations.

Waiting now to shove off for Tally. Almost 30 minutes late and counting.

How have you not learned to adjust the "time to leave" to compensate for her?

So the kids are out of the house, she has no job, and she has no other responsibilities. What does she do all day?

Personal trainer, hair, nails, lunch with friends, shop, redecorate, girls' weekend, start all over again. But late to all of it.

Causes of Divorce:

No 1 - Sweatpants
“Sweatpants, no, no, no, no. No, no, you can’t do sweatpants. Ladies, number one cause of divorce in America is sweatpants. No, you can’t do that.” - Eva Mendes

No 2 - Personal Trainers

Kp5jPr.png

Oh, let me count the ways:
1: When we go out to a store, she insists on racing ahead while I huff and puff to keep up.
I have threatened not to go with her any more, but I always will.
2: When we go out to eat, she insists we try something different.
So we pull into some obscure little place that she thinks looks "interesting" takes
a look at the menu hanging on the wall and says "Nope, I don't see anything that
appeals to me", and wants to leave.
3: Her sense that what's mine is hers and what's hers is her own.
4: He perception that she is some sort of a self-assured, independent, capable of doing
anything woman that can't do much of anything by herself.
5: Driving somewhere together. If I drive, she insists on telling me how fast to go,
where to turn in, where to park, etc, etc, etc. And when she drives, oh my god!
She zooms along, goes through stop signs, tailgates, cuts in and out of traffic,
all the while complaining about other drivers. I just sit back, buckle up, close my eyes,
and hope for the best.
Serious, she has been a good wife, a great mother, a super business partner, and
a wonderful life partner. We are where we are today because of her.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT