ADVERTISEMENT

Spain/France then where? More or Ireland? Prague?

surfnole

Seminole Insider
Mar 29, 2002
I am going to meet some old college friends who I have not seen in close to 30 years in early June. One of them is walking the pilgrimage "Camino de Santiago" across northern Spain for his 50th birthday, and some of us are joining him for one week. I am going over with my 21 year old son.

Anyway, since I will be in Europe already, I would like to add a week to the trip. I am thinking about spending the week in maybe Lisbon, maybe check out Madrid but I don't think I will particularly care for it, and maybe spend 4-5 days hiking in the Pyreenes, but nothing super strenuous since I am not in that kind of shape.

An alternative would be to head to Ireland for a week, or maybe London or Prague. I've been to Paris and Rome. I've heard Ireland is beautiful but rains a lot.

I want to keep costs down and not blow a lot of money. My son is not too much into museums, churches etc.

What say you?

I agree that Prague is awesome. This country has thrived since coming out from under communism.. Having been to all countries mentioned, it all depends upon what you prefer. From a historical point of view and for pure concentrated sight-seeing, London is the place to go. Ireland has a magnificent countryside, i.e., Cliffs of Moher, etc.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT