ADVERTISEMENT

The French Laundry: Pictures added.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any restaurant that garners 3 stars is going to be amazing but the fois gras lollipop was mind-blowing as was the poached pigeon which was far better than it sounds. I respect anyone's choices for how they spend their disposable income but there is certainly nothing wrong with spending 4 hours consuming culinary art.

Im thinking about opening an all you can eat pigeon joint. Think that would fly?

At least you have a good sense of humor.

Yes I do.

I am hardly self absorbed. I simply shared what actually happened. No I was not going to tell my client no. And no, I was not going to make a scene at the French Laundry over water.

And, yes, we all left hungry, but that was all part of the "Griswold family French Laundry [Christmas] experience". LOL!

Im thinking about opening an all you can eat pigeon joint. Think that would fly?

To raise enough capital for such a venture, I would suggest starting out with a pigeon on a stick street vendor cart.
357a3633aff0f50e0b259641da89d536.jpg

Yea, I call bull on them not offering anymore water. When I went, table of 4, they always made sure we had water as soon as you took a sip of it. That is part of going to super high end places. The service. I ate at Joel Rubichon in Vegas recently and couldn't drink. I ordered a bottle of water, they kept opening and opening more bottles without asking me. I figured I would be charged $60-$70 for water but low and behold, they charged me $10 for 6 bottles of water. Also, people who are still hungry after a 7-9 Course meal are either fat as hell or to dense to understand the experience they are having. I agree with Ronnie, tell your client you are at lunch and call them back in an hour dude.

Yea, I call bull on them not offering anymore water. When I went, table of 4, they always made sure we had water as soon as you took a sip of it. That is part of going to super high end places. The service. I ate at Joel Rubichon in Vegas recently and couldn't drink. I ordered a bottle of water, they kept opening and opening more bottles without asking me. I figured I would be charged $60-$70 for water but low and behold, they charged me $10 for 6 bottles of water. Also, people who are still hungry after a 7-9 Course meal are either fat as hell or to dense to understand the experience they are having. I agree with Ronnie, tell your client you are at lunch and call them back in an hour dude.

Wow!

Obviously, you are some kind of seasoned, world traveler and psychic to boot to know so much about things of which you have no personal knowledge. There is no doubt that you are the Captain of the French Laundry ship and the pesky fly on the wall that we kept swatting away during lunch.

I must say, however, I am not sure whose post is more stupid, your's or Ronnie's. Either way, you both gave me a good laugh.

But, since you are the French Laundry captain, I am sure you will appreciate the following:

"The [French Laundry] captain is always right, misinformed perhaps, sloppy, crude, bullheaded, fickle, even stupid, but NEVER WRONG!

LOL!

Reactions: southgateNOLE
Wow!

Obviously, you are some kind of seasoned, world traveler and psychic to boot to know so much about things of which you have no personal knowledge. There is no doubt that you are the Captain of the French Laundry ship and the pesky fly on the wall that we kept swatting away during lunch.

I must say, however, I am not sure whose post is more stupid, your's or Ronnie's. Either way, you both gave me a good laugh.

But, since you are the French Laundry captain, I am sure you will appreciate the following:

"The [French Laundry] captain is always right, misinformed perhaps, sloppy, crude, bullheaded, fickle, even stupid, but NEVER WRONG!

LOL!

This guy is the only person in the history of the food industry to not get a second glass of water at a restaurant and he's calling other people names. Also, a internet Warchant tough guy but can't tell his client that he's having lunch in Napa and he'll call him back in an hour. Lol.

The only place I know that charges for tap water is Jimmy John's. Maybe 4757 is mixing them up.

I
This guy is the only person in the history of the food industry to not get a second glass of water at a restaurant and he's calling other people names. Also, a internet Warchant tough guy but can't tell his client that he's having lunch in Napa and he'll call
This guy is the only person in the history of the food industry to not get a second glass of water at a restaurant and he's calling other people names. Also, a internet Warchant tough guy but can't tell his client that he's having lunch in Napa and he'll call him back in an hour. Lol.

I must say that I am impressed with how much you think you know and how quickly you can form such an uniformed opinion so quickly. That takes a real skill set.

Nonetheless, it is clear that you know nothing about this situation, i.e., the client, the issues in question, the business, the services needed, the value to the client, the immediacy or seriousness of the issues, and obviously client commitment, but you sure do know a lot about forming stupid uninformed opinions about a situation you know nothing about.

BTW, you might want to consider why the waiter was refusing to serve more water, but that may require in depth thought well above your IQ grade.

Also, did it ever occur to you that that conference call involved more than one person and may have been a preset call scheduled at a time and day that best accommodated all involved including my schedule? Again that may require too much thinking on your part.

Honestly, your dumb responses are quite entertaining.

Last edited:
Did you tell your client that you were unable to acquire a glass of water from a 3 Michilin Star restaurant? I would certainly like to know how the person I'm hiring is so inept as to not being able to do and execute the simplest of tasks at the easiest possible venue to receive great service.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT