ADVERTISEMENT

The Official LR Bowl Season Drinking Game Thread!

Two guys at the bar are cheering, "let's go Brady." Someone is gonna get shived tonight.

Wow. That was incredible. From a terrible sack to a perfect throw. That kid is special.
What a call by Saban to make the change
Crazy. Never should have worked. How do you have a true freshman like that sitting on bench all year step up like that? Sick throw....to another true freshman

Reactions: RTM58 and F4Gary
Michel was Georgias most productive runner tonight by mils and miles, and didn’t see the field on their last possession of regulation, and only came in for the 3rd and 9 in the overtime. Crazy.
Agree. This game was lost by a stubborn Jimboesque refusal to stop running Chubb. Up the middle.

Impressed with how Jalen handled himself tonight

Michel was Georgias most productive runner tonight by mils and miles, and didn’t see the field on their last possession of regulation, and only came in for the 3rd and 9 in the overtime. Crazy.

1 touch in the last 3 possessions for them....

Reactions: BelemNole
Of course, it was Jimboesque for Saban to stick with Hurts all season when he had a stud freshman with real QB skills rusting on the bench....
Still wish I could have seen Jameis in back half of 2012...say beginning around the second half of N.C. State game.

UGA should have thrown on first down in OT. They were soooo predictable

Did anyone else notice that during the second half, wikipedia had Jalen Hurt's position list as benched?

I watched the second half, wasn't compelled to give up my time for errands but it's the last football I care to watch for the next 9 months so had to watch. If last year was any indicator, I don't need to watch the superbowl, the commercials weren't that great and unless there is some unique story line, hard to get excited about the NFL.

but it's the last football I care to watch for the next 9 months so had to watch.
The World Cup starts on June 14, 2018.

Join the Dark Side.

f9351b54fff13828648ba81d697c75a96ad498fab9678d49c4e0914f128c03fd.jpg

Reactions: NoleLizards
US Soccer should put Saban in charge of running things. Even without knowing anything about the game, I'm sure he'd win 4 out of the next 5 World Cups (and lose the 5th on PKs in the championship game).
I saw a "Football Life" bio on Vince Lombardi. He was once given a basketball-coaching job in Catholic school although he admittedly knew squat about the sport. Using a book about coaching hoops, he led his team to the city title.

Reactions: RTM58
I'm not sure Fromm could pass Jimbolts quadratic equations test to get on the practice field squad, but I like him.

balance-the-universe-with-the-history-of-the-infinity-stones-x-photos-11.gif

Last edited:
Does anyone else ever ponder how many natties FSU might have if the current CFP were in place back during our Dynasty years?

Reactions: RTM58
So...Alabama has a stud freshman QB that Trent Dilfer said was the greatest QB since Ron Powlus....wonderful.

Alabama is an interesting case study on a state school going all in on football. Currently, it's basketball team is 9-7 and 12th in the SEC--with no shot at making any tournament. In the 1990's, it used to have a real good baseball team, no they are bottom dwellers. I presume it's track and field teams are pretty good. It doesn't appear that very many, if any at all, women's teams make the post season.

Does anyone else ever ponder how many natties FSU might have if the current CFP were in place back during our Dynasty years?

I'm going to suggest the same or 0. Those teams were snake bitten. Have to play Florida with most of the defense taking IV treatments for the flu; probably have our best team (1996) ever and Samari Rolle wants to play hero and jumps the out and up instead of keeping Green in front of him; we have to play Tennessee with the third string QB (who still played pretty well until Mark Richt decided to be Mark Richt and called a deep out in wet conditions with a noodled armed QB); and Snoop Minnis can't wake up for a final.....ugh (I need to Irish up my coffee).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT