ADVERTISEMENT

The Official LR College Bowl Season Thread!

Deshaun should be the first QB taken. The kid looked amazing his first year. Deteriorated a little his second, and kind of had a rough third year. In the end, he played his best football when it mattered the most. The NFL loves that.

Deshaun should be the first QB taken. The kid looked amazing his first year. Deteriorated a little his second, and kind of had a rough third year. In the end, he played his best football when it mattered the most. The NFL loves that.

I hope the Browns don't take him because then he is destined to fail.

I bet Dabo will be insufferable for the next few months.

PizzaParty_w.jpg

ACC 9-3 post season with prime time upset wins by Clemson in in National Championship game and the prior playoff game coupled with huge win by FSU in Orange Bowl. And the heisman winner from the ACC played on neither team. Clearly, then ACC was the best football conference this year. Not even debatable. One of the best conference performance ever

Ok, so I've thought it through. The best thing about this game is that the National Champs had to have the Refs cheat to beat us. Next year is ours. DC is gone and Walker as well, but we have plenty of talent and Frenchy will have a year under his belt. Our receivers will be great. Derwin James will be back. Charles Kelly seems to have finally figured out how not to eff up the defensive talent we have. And Vic Viloria will be jumping on the sidelines without a Showtime crew plying him with Whiskey. Next year will be a good year.

ACC 9-3 post season with prime time upset wins by Clemson in in National Championship game and the prior playoff game coupled with huge win by FSU in Orange Bowl. And the heisman winner from the ACC played on neither team. Clearly, then ACC was the best football conference this year. Not even debatable. One of the best conference performance ever

Yep. Big 10 ... 3 of their big 4 got beat, 2 by ACC. We got Mich, PSU lost to USC, Clemson demolished playoff rep OSU. SEC, Clemson took down almighty Bama ... and the ACC went 4-1 against SEC post season.

I don't proactively root for the ACC. Sure it would help standings, SOS etc, but I definitely root AGAINST the SEC. So was cheering for a Bama loss. Will never hear me chant "ACC ACC" but it really was a good bowl season for the conference, esp with the miserable one the SEC had. Now FSU needs to do it to Bama in Sept. "2 losses in a row, Tide's dynasty over?"

ACC cuts the head off the SEC dragon once again...

Yep. The ACC went 10-4 against the vaunted SEC. that's enough games to show it's not just about matchups, it's about one conference being dominant. Clemson "upsetting" Alabama was just the cherry on top. Now the SEC fans can't say "Yeah but Bama!" Because Bama just lost neutral field despite winning the turnover battle 2 to 0.

Reactions: cmanole
And as long as I am going rah rah on ACC, with Watson's performance it looks like the top 2 QBs in the NFL draft will be from the ACC, the top WR will be from the ACC and the #2 RB. Cook should be taken as the first RB, but everyone is projecting Fournette as first. Cook hung in there and led his team to a big bowl victory. Cook has all the ability and talent in the world and is a good team player with heart as well. Fournette has talent, but bailed on his team and bought himself a $65k watch before ever being selected in an NFL draft. He is injury prone. I would be surprised if Fournette lasts 5 years in the NFL.

Does this mean when we watch a game on cbs we won't have to listen to them constantly referring to the sec as the "best conference"?

Reactions: noleclone2
Dabo let it rip in the presser. That was sure good to see...

Dabo is a breath of fresh air. Wish more coaches had that much fun.

I agree. Nick Saban is an @&&, Jimmie Mac is a milquetoast drip, but Dabo seems like a genuinely nice guy you would actually want to hang out with.

Does this mean when we watch a game on cbs we won't have to listen to them constantly referring to the sec as the "best conference"?
Les Miles on Mike and Mike still was trying to say top to bottom SEC was best conference as if it was 2012. I am sure he would not mind forgetting the last few years. The SEC is extremely down. Not even debatable that they no longer are best and have not been for a bit. Only debate is how many other conferences were better.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT