ADVERTISEMENT

The Official LR College Bowl Season Thread!

So who do we want to win this Okie/Awburn game? Okie wins they stay ahead of us, War chicken wins, we stay ahead of them.

I'd like to see Franklin do well. Don't know that I can pull for the chickins, though.

Reactions: cmanole
Rose Bowl was great. Had no interest in the Sugar Bowl. Did tune in long enough to hear Mushburger go all angry Grandpa in his defense of Mixon. Between the Penn St love fest and that, college football ended on a slimy note.

Only one more game to go.

Also don't forget...tonight is the last A Season With. Can't wait to see it.

Rose Bowl was great. Had no interest in the Sugar Bowl. Did tune in long enough to hear Mushburger go all angry Grandpa in his defense of Mixon. Between the Penn St love fest and that, college football ended on a slimy note.

Only one more game to go.

Also don't forget...tonight is the last A Season With. Can't wait to see it.

Yeah, the start of the 2nd half was unbearable from a Brent Soapbox perspective. The game helped that along, but there was nothing else on TV.

What's with all the earth-shattering news with Kiffin? He didn't get fired, he didn't "all of a sudden" get a new gig. I thought it was odd that Satan let him keep coaching, honestly. Did nobody learn from Richt that you don't let an outgoing coordinator in a national championship isn't the greatest of ideas?

ABC felt the need to have their announcers discuss hot topic issues for some reason. They talked during the Rose Bowl about Penn State and the Jerry Sandusky stuff. I don't disagree with the point that Brent was trying to get across that people deserve a second chance, but he delivered his point so poorly (even in the defense of his point). Just stick to actual football.

ABC felt the need to have their announcers discuss hot topic issues for some reason. They talked during the Rose Bowl about Penn State and the Jerry Sandusky stuff. I don't disagree with the point that Brent was trying to get across that people deserve a second chance, but he delivered his point so poorly (even in the defense of his point). Just stick to actual football.

My issue with his Mixon commentary is that it perpetuated the notion that Mixon was somehow punished. He redshirted a year while on scholarship. Oklahoma doesn't care what he did. At the same time they were trying to get DGB immediately eligible after he was kicked out of Mizzou for pushing a woman down the stairs.

It was neat to see Keith Jackson. Man that guy has gotten old. He did enjoy our game against Stanford, though.

My issue with his Mixon commentary is that it perpetuated the notion that Mixon was somehow punished. He redshirted a year while on scholarship. Oklahoma doesn't care what he did. At the same time they were trying to get DGB immediately eligible after he was kicked out of Mizzou for pushing a woman down the stairs.

Agree. What is lost here is that this is not new for OU. While I agree people deserve a second chance there must be a penalty and it must be bad enough to hopefully make an impression on the young man. I get many of these kids come from a tough background; but if you let them get away with something like this it is only a matter time before it is a much worse situation. Life is all about accountability and personal responsibility; let someone get away with more and more bad things pretty soon they will think they can do what they want and never face consequences.

Mine too Belem. One of my best sports memories! So happy I was there to witness it!

Also I never noticed the sad Auburn radio guys next door haha!

That no call on the horse collar still pisses me off.

Mushburger didn't sound very excited when we got the touchdown.
A lot of people were unhappy I think. Someone posted tweets from the first half of the game when we were down 21-3. They were sticking a fork in early. One in particular that was no surprise was Pete Prisco.

It needs to be. How else am I going to get real time updates from Guccimane's twitter?

Sark's play calling looks awful.

003810ad19e8eab7754106736ec03644.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT