ADVERTISEMENT

The Official LR College Gameday Drinking Game Thread---Bowl Games Edition!

Apparently the better question was how did a bad UCLA team even at 8-4 get into a bowl.
Three 5-7 teams made it to bowls this year. Something about their APR and how they finished the season, or something like that. Nebraska was very close to winning 8 games this year. They will be much improved next year.

Wow, Carolina is trying to unload the whole clip into their foot. Terrible.
Plus these announcers could have their noses any farther up Baylor's butt. I hate Briles and Baylor.

Reactions: runkpanole and CJRN
One of them was suspended in the beginning of the season for coke possession.
Yes....now ESPN is ALL over Clemson and their history of drug use and ....wait....... I mean ESPN is all over that Oklahoma guy (Mixon) who punched the girl in the face and how yesterday he said that he's had no regrets and...... wait.....nope....can't find anything. Never mind.

Reactions: FSUTribe76
Another 4 games today!

Birmingham Bowl
Auburn vs. Memphis
Birmingham, Alabama | Legion Field
Noon on ESPN

Belk Bowl
NC State vs. Mississippi State
Charlotte, N.C. | Bank of America Stadium
3:30 p.m. on ESPN

Franklin American Mortgage Music City Bowl
Texas A&M vs. Louisville
Nashville | Nissan Stadium
7 p.m. on ESPN

National Funding Holiday Bowl
USC vs. Wisconsin
San Diego | Qualcomm Stadium
10:30 p.m. on ESPN

Hopefully we get to see the SEC go 0-3 and I'd be happy for more USC turmoil as well. So I've got my rooting interests aligned...Go Tigers/Wolfpack/Cardinals/Badgers!

Another 4 games today!

Birmingham Bowl
Auburn vs. Memphis
Birmingham, Alabama | Legion Field
Noon on ESPN

Belk Bowl
NC State vs. Mississippi State
Charlotte, N.C. | Bank of America Stadium
3:30 p.m. on ESPN

Franklin American Mortgage Music City Bowl
Texas A&M vs. Louisville
Nashville | Nissan Stadium
7 p.m. on ESPN

National Funding Holiday Bowl
USC vs. Wisconsin
San Diego | Qualcomm Stadium
10:30 p.m. on ESPN
Weather is going to suck in Birmingham and Charlotte. Can't remember a year with poor weather for so many bowls.

Bowl Game Quotes:

When asked if he'd recruit an atheist player Dabo said "it's my job to win games. If I played the best Christians I wouldnt be sittin here"

Jimbo likes his team: "If this team was a person, I would hang out with it."

Last edited:
Memphis about to get blown out by the AU pussycats. Paxton Lynch is really the top QB prospect this year? I don't see it.

Oh law, the pack got pummeled. Jeez, they and the heels did not represent.
Lousiville scored first, but they are losing defenders one after another...

Yeah, the game is being changed as we watch. The kid for Nebraska is another example...these kids were basically just " laying a lick" as has been done for decades. Players are being disqualified for clean, solid, snot knocking football plays in which they are hitting/tackling as coached. Shoot man, we laid people out in PE on more solid hits than what is being called these days...
Just like what now constitutes a "catch" by a receiver, I have no concept of what the officials will call in many instances.

tumblr_o06yaekgMT1tezwv9o1_1280.jpg
tumblr_o06viucsxz1tezwv9o1_1280.jpg

Jimbo looks like he's been hitting the gym...

Jimbo Fisher's divorce finalized
"The case began rushing toward resolution in October, when Coach Fisher’s camp filed his intention to depose as a witness former University of Florida star wide receiver Taylor Jacobs, a Tallahassee native who moved back after five years in the NFL and a championship with the University of Florida Gators in 2000. Jacobs was never deposed because the case started moving fast."

Last edited:
Yeah, the game is being changed as we watch. The kid for Nebraska is another example...these kids were basically just " laying a lick" as has been done for decades. Players are being disqualified for clean, solid, snot knocking football plays in which they are hitting/tackling as coached. Shoot man, we laid people out in PE on more solid hits than what is being called these days...
Just like what now constitutes a "catch" by a receiver, I have no concept of what the officials will call in many instances.
They just call the violence, they don't actually know what to call

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT