ADVERTISEMENT

The Official LR College Gameday Drinking Game Thread---Bowl Games Edition!

Man, having a good QB means everything. Might be another tough season next year.

MB is just incredibly annoying. Her conversations on ESPN Voices during the game are embarrassing & straight out of the NY Post gossip section. No wonder NBC Sports cancelled her talk show before it even started.

Bilas isn't even acknowledging her comments.

Let's see what Dabo complains about after the game. Clemson should of won but gave up stupid big plays. Pac 12 officials have been horrible and want the game over.

Reactions: BelemNole
Oh well, when I look around there are four teams in the ACC next year with the talent to win the natty (Clemson has most of its O coming back and should be ranked #1 preseason, FSU should be close, Miami has the QB and head coach to get them back and Louisville's QB played absolutely lights out at the end of the season) while there's no SEC team I really like for the Natty as they have zero QBs in the league and Bama will be in major reconstruction mode.

Oklahoma should be excellent but will face a ridiculously tough schedule imo having both Houston and Ohio State OOC and Baylor, TCU, Texas Tech and Okie State should be decent. So I don't know if Oklahoma can get back and the rest of the Big 12 will knock each other out of contention.

The Big Ten I don't think will have a true natty contender as Ohio State (losing at least 10 underclassmen to the draft and transfer), Iowa and Michigan State will be in major rebuilding and I think Michigan is a year away from real contention.

The PAC also looks to be in a major rebuilding year across the board with either Stanford or USC getting the nod but not being real natty contenders.

I do think Houston has the ponies to get into natty contention but it literally depends on if they can get by a strong Oklahoma team.

So my 2016 rankings (not what I think the official ranking will be as it will be thick with over ranked SEC teams yet again) would be:

1) Clemson
2) Florida State
3) Oklahoma
4) Notre Dame
5) Houston
6) Baylor
7) TCU
8) Miami
9) Stanford
10) LSU
11) Louisville
12) Michigan
13) Alabama
14) Washington State
15) USCw
16) Oklahoma State
17) Tennessee
18) Texas Tech
19) Ohio State
20) Ole Miss

We have no QB and a lot of questions. Plus we left a bad taste in the voters mouth. We'll be lucky to be in top 10

I said my list is MY list of the strongest teams not what I think the initial ranking will be. The "real" arbitrary and made up rankings will have tons of SEC and Big Ten teams even though the main teams in those leagues for the most part will be rebuilding.

You think FSU is the second strongest team in the nation...is Jameis coming back to play because all Jimbo has at the most important spot are chuckers

You think FSU is the second strongest team in the nation...is Jameis coming back to play because all Jimbo has at the most important spot are chuckers

I disagree. Sean Maguire with one more year was practically a mirror image of Jake Coker the QB who just won the national championship with Sean having the 44th best QBR to Cokers 34th and Sean having a slight edge on yards per attempt. So while I do not think Sean is a GREAT QB nor will he ever be, he's a more than serviceable one with room to improve his final year. Would I trade him for Clemson, Miami, or Louisvilles QB? Not in a million years but he'd likely start at the rest of the schools and is parsecs better than any QB that Florida or Alabama currently have on the roster.

Plus although I'm hesitant to give too much credence to practice reports even though they were right on Jameis, Francois may very well become as good as the elite level QBs with another spring under his belt. (Meanwhile you shouldn't give up on a QB for one bad performance but JJ looked totally lost so I don't have much faith in him at the moment).

So you take a perfectly serviceable QB in Sean and add him to the best RB in the country, a line returning practically everyone and WRs who at least block well if not have a couple of sparks then if the defense rejells minus Ramsey we will be back in the playoffs or at least high in the rankings.

I guess we shall see. If Sean couldn't beat out Golston, then I do not have a lot of faith that he is going to make a huge leap. I think that there are a lot of questions surrounding this team. Defensive regression due to scheme. Another year of a Trickett coached offensive line. Where are the playmakers at WR. Losing Agayo.

Reactions: RTM58
#FSU is a top six pick in the early media predictions for the 2016 season

Florida State in top six for all major national media outlets' early rankings
The start of the 2016 college football season is still over seven months away but that hasn't stopped national media outlets from posting super early predictions. Within the past week, ESPN, Yahoo Sports, Fox Sports and USA Today all released their early top 25 for next season.
Despite a No. 14 finish in the final AP Poll, all four outlets have the Seminoles in their top six. In fact, Fox Sports puts FSU all the way up at No. 2. Not surprisingly, Clemson is a consensus preseason No. 1.

https://floridastate.n.rivals.com/news/the-chant-blog

Reactions: FSUTribe76
#FSU is a top six pick in the early media predictions for the 2016 season

Florida State in top six for all major national media outlets' early rankings
The start of the 2016 college football season is still over seven months away but that hasn't stopped national media outlets from posting super early predictions. Within the past week, ESPN, Yahoo Sports, Fox Sports and USA Today all released their early top 25 for next season.
Despite a No. 14 finish in the final AP Poll, all four outlets have the Seminoles in their top six. In fact, Fox Sports puts FSU all the way up at No. 2. Not surprisingly, Clemson is a consensus preseason No. 1.

https://floridastate.n.rivals.com/news/the-chant-blog
I'm not sure why.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT