The Return of Paganism

That sounds good to me.

Good works include:

1. To feed the hungry.
  2. To give water to the thirsty.
  3. To clothe the naked.
  4. To shelter the homeless.
  5. To visit the sick.
  6. To visit the imprisoned, or ransom the captive.
  7. To bury the dead.

Spiritual works of mercy​

Just as the corporal works of mercy are directed towards relieving corporeal suffering, the aim of the spiritual works of mercy is to relieve spiritual suffering.

The works include:

1. To instruct the ignorant.
  2. To counsel the doubtful.
  3. To admonish the sinners.
  4. To bear patiently those who wrong us.
  5. To forgive offenses.
  6. To comfort the afflicted.
  7. To pray for the living and the dead.

8. Mock those who see things differently despite their faith, stewardship and life of ā€œgood worksā€ e.g. ā€œcafeteria Catholicā€.

I wasn't mocking.

A "cafeteria" Catholic is a Catholic that picks and chooses which doctrine to believe.

It's a common label.

Some cafeteria Catholics use it on themselves. :)
All this cafeteria talk is making my tummy rumbly. Shame on y'all... Late night calories are the worst.

• Haha
Reactions: BrianNole777
I wasn't mocking.

A "cafeteria" Catholic is a Catholic that picks and chooses which doctrine to believe.

It's a common label.

Some cafeteria Catholics use it on themselves. :)
Doctrine? Iā€™m not trying to overtake the Roman Empire, Iā€™m trying to live a faithful and useful life. Stop reading books and walk the walk fella.

Yes. The teachings of the Church. I try to walk the walk.

I pray 5-10 rosaries a day and go to Confession when I fall into mortal sin. :)
Try opening your heart. Certainly that fits in to your doctrine. You have been more than rude, dismissive and insulting to numerous posters in this thread. St Peter is likely readying the eraser at this point. Regardless of how much you confess. Just be nice.

Reactions: Red Hills Nole
Try opening your heart. Certainly that fits in to your doctrine. You have been more than rude, dismissive and insulting to numerous posters in this thread. St Peter is likely readying the eraser at this point. Regardless of how much you confess. Just be nice.

I haven't tried to be, although I did call out a cafeteria Catholic

My apologies if that offended you. I just want you to die in a state of grace so you can be saved.

I doubt it.

On Easter, the pastor said he had a man give his first Confession in 30 years and it took ONE HOUR to complete.
That's certainly understandable. When I pray to the Lord and confess my sins, it certainly takes awhile.

Myy question is for how long I need to keep doing so, and how do I tell if/when my penance is sufficient to erase my sins? My daily prayers have become so long that I don't wish to waste God's time with redundancy.

I haven't tried to be, although I did call out a cafeteria Catholic

My apologies if that offended you. I just want you to die in a state of grace so you can be saved.
I appreciate your apology as you very much offended me. My relationship with God is my own and incredibly personal. I donā€™t need strangers labeling that relationship. I just assume us ā€œbelieversā€ flash a smile and a thumbs up. Too many decent people are being run off by the guilt and dogma of what the very few believe of ā€œorganized religionā€. As I have said ad infinitum, Iā€™d rather ā€œwalk the walkā€ and take my chance with St Peterā€™s eraser.

I appreciate your apology as you very much offended me. My relationship with God is my own and incredibly personal. I donā€™t need strangers labeling that relationship. I just assume us ā€œbelieversā€ flash a smile and a thumbs up. Too many decent people are being run off by the guilt and dogma of what the very few believe of ā€œorganized religionā€. As I have said ad infinitum, Iā€™d rather ā€œwalk the walkā€ and take my chance with St Peterā€™s eraser.

I didn't mean to offend you.

I do hope you will believe in all the teachings of the Catholic Church. The Holy Spirit guides them. I know it's tempting at times to think we know better.

Here's a good manual. :)

That's certainly understandable. When I pray to the Lord and confess my sins, it certainly takes awhile.

Myy question is for how long I need to keep doing so, and how do I tell if/when my penance is sufficient to erase my sins? My daily prayers have become so long that I don't wish to waste God's time with redundancy.

Ask a solid priest for guidance.

Masstimes.org

Reactions: NoleLizards
Not that I'm a great judge of such things given my dubious track record, but it sounds to me that you're on the right track. šŸ‘

I didn't mean to offend you.

I do hope you will believe in all the teachings of the Catholic Church. The Holy Spirit guides them. I know it's tempting at times to think we know better.

Here's a good manual. :)

My wife and I did a combined 25 years of catholic school. My son is in his 2nd year at a local catholic school. Iā€™m not blind to the benefits and conundrums of being Catholic. But we just try to ā€œ walk the walkā€.

My wife and I did a combined 25 years of catholic school. My son is in his 2nd year at a local catholic school. Iā€™m not blind to the benefits and conundrums of being Catholic. But we just try to ā€œ walk the walkā€.

That's great.

Staying in a state of grace will guarantee your salvation.

I hope to as well. :)

(It's my 40th Birthday now.)

Reactions: NoleLizards
Honestly Brian, it is offensive that you act as though confession is mandatory and those who do not follow your idea of church doctrine are not Christians. You are going against the teachings of Jesus.

Do you honestly believe that your ilack of acceptance of Protestants and those not following your doctrine would be OK with him?

I donā€™t and I was apparently brought up very differently than you were.

Reactions: goldmom
Honestly Brian, it is offensive that you act as though confession is mandatory and those who do not follow your idea of church doctrine are not Christians. You are going against the teachings of Jesus.

Do you honestly believe that your ilack of acceptance of Protestants and those not following your doctrine would be OK with him?

I accept protestants 100%, we just have different doctrines. My beloved paternal Grandfather was a Baptist deacon. He was a Christian.

Confession is mandatory in the Catholic Church for those who wish to be saved. I never claimed they were not Christians. I'm simply stating Church teaching.

You don't agree with the doctrine of the Catholic Church, either.

Yes, we have different beliefs. I do think you are miscategorizing mine. Earlier you implied that I was ignorant of history because I am "Roman Catholic" and wasn't allowed to study other religions. That's offensive and inaccurate.

It's OK. I have friends of all types. :)

Last edited:
His Church does.

The Catholic Church goes alllllll the way back to Peter and the Apostles.

Jesus said we need the Eucharist.
So does the Eastern Orthodox Church... its was one church until 1054.. when the "east-West "Schism occurred.

What is your view of the Orthodox Church?

You waste your time dealing with Brian; he exists to be a contrarian to what anybody says. Best bet is to put him on ignore, and sooner or later he'll be banned again.

You waste your time dealing with Brian; he exists to be a contrarian to what anybody says. Best bet is to put him on ignore, and sooner or later he'll be banned again.

I've agreed with plenty of posts here.

I just have different religious beliefs than most people.

That's perfectly OK. :)

Oh well then that I am stridently opposed to follow those tenents built into to a single religion based upon Catholic catescism along the alternante religion from the teachings of Muhammad hence then we experianesd the CrUsades

Reading all these post have me thinking, especially about church 50 yrs ago to today

61, thank you for pointing out how my actions affect my witness! I agree and will redirect and follow the narrow path

I would like to know how many churches preach anything different than they did 50 years ago

I would guesstimate not many

In my opinion, and not that it matters is that the church should be teaching ā€œ preparedness ā€œ

To those who follow prophecy I would ask, do you believe the four seals have been opened?

I believe the first two have been opened

The first is the white horse whose rider spreads deception and confusion.he will lead many so called believers astray

The rider is the ā€œ anti christā€

The second horse is

Reading all these post have me thinking, especially about church 50 yrs ago to today

61, thank you for pointing out how my actions affect my witness! I agree and will redirect and follow the narrow path

I would like to know how many churches preach anything different than they did 50 years ago

I would guesstimate not many

In my opinion, and not that it matters is that the church should be teaching ā€œ preparedness ā€œ

To those who follow prophecy I would ask, do you believe the four seals have been opened?

I believe the first two have been opened

The first is the white horse whose rider spreads deception and confusion.he will lead many so called believers astray

The rider is the ā€œ anti christā€

The second horse is
And?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT