Votes: 20 18.5%
  • Retained and wife takes fall

Votes: 8 7.4%
  • Retained and AD takes fall

Votes: 34 31.5%
  • Other (please add your scenario)

Votes: 7 6.5%

• Total voters
Go read Brett McMurphys twitter feed from last night. Dude went on a tear with new information.

He had those tweets locked and loaded waiting to be released.

Reactions: fsUTampa
The media is blasting OSU today. Jay Billas this morning on ESPN Radio was adamant that Urban should have been fired and said he hopes the media doesn't forget what a (my word not his) dirtbag he is by the time the UM-OSU game rolls around.

At the very least he never gets to get on his high horse and lecture other schools about how pristine and moral his staff his.

I also hope the media just hammers him and OSU to death.

That report is a joke. Full of “other than breaching the university’s policy about reporting, Meyer did nothing wrong. I’m surprised they didn’t just drop it into a footnote. And we learn that Meyers is dumb with a failing no memwory.

Go read Brett McMurphys twitter feed from last night. Dude went on a tear with new information.

He had those tweets locked and loaded waiting to be released.

That will certainly make him popular in Michigan but I don't see him getting a very warm welcome in Ohio! Man he really put them on blast.

I saw this quote from the report on SamENole's twitter: "We learned Coach Meyer has sometimes had significant memory issues in other situations where he had prior extensive knowledge of events." That kind of convenient memory loss has to be the only way to survive as a leader of that kind of men, doesn't it? If he really remembered all of the terrible people that he's recruited, coached, and employed over the years, it'd eventually have to start eating at him. Better to turn it off, like a light switch.

I saw this quote from the report on SamENole's twitter: "We learned Coach Meyer has sometimes had significant memory issues in other situations where he had prior extensive knowledge of events." That kind of convenient memory loss has to be the only way to survive as a leader of that kind of men, doesn't it? If he really remembered all of the terrible people that he's recruited, coached, and employed over the years, it'd eventually have to start eating at him. Better to turn it off, like a light switch.

Must explain the serial killer, Hernandez. The reason that Hernandez only served a one game suspension in all those years committing crimes was that Meyers' forgot about his violation, then he remembered how bad a guy Hernandez was when he told NFL teams that they shouldn't draft him....

At the very least he never gets to get on his high horse and lecture other schools about how pristine and moral his staff his.

I also hope the media just hammers him and OSU to death.

In a perfect world....maybe. In this world............lol not a chance.
Where is #metoo?

A leader of young men?? All righty then. Somewhere chlorine browns is smiling.

Better to turn it off, like a light switch.

5mEY.gif

Reactions: NDallasRuss
He’s tarnished forever, and I love it.

If he’s taken the long view he could’ve said the right things, stepped down now and probably been in high demand in a few years.

He’s tarnished forever, and I love it.

If he’s taken the long view he could’ve said the right things, stepped down now and probably been in high demand in a few years.

Meyers and OSUnare getting killed on the social meeting. The apology was bad, never mentioned the victim. Meyer erased his text messages after having a meeting about erasing his text messages. The sham of the investigative report.

Reactions: funksouljon
That report is a joke. Full of “other than breaching the university’s policy about reporting, Meyer did nothing wrong. I’m surprised they didn’t just drop it into a footnote. And we learn that Meyers is dumb with a failing no memwory.

Actually the report revealed a lot of other stuff that wasn't made public until now. Like Urban talking to the Brian Voltolini about getting his text messages deleted and if the press could access them, the staff being told to have zero conversations about Zach's past,the text from Shelly Meye to Urban“I am worried about Zach’s response. He drinks a lot and I am just not sure how stable he will be. Afraid he will do something dangerous. It’s obvious he has anger/rage issues already.”...there was a lot of other stuff that makes it pretty clear Urban was aware what was going on.
It was the school that chose not to do anything.

Sleazy move for the school to hold their press conference before releasing the report. It allowed them to spin up the positives, making it sound like a three game suspension was being tough on Meyer...then they slunk out the back door, knowing they would have gotten torn to pieces if the media had been allowed to read the report ahead of the press conference.

Reactions: DFSNOLE
College coaches are a joke, at least at the big dollar schools. This is true, if you watched the press conference, a guy from bucknuts (the247 OSU site), was allowed to ask a question, and it was about how the players were handling it. Seriously?I am all good with beat reporters, but how in the world do they take a question from him in the firstplace, and how in the world is that the question he asked about how he thought the team would do?

Honestly I am surprised he only got 3 games. On a positive note though he will be getting blasted for a while and now I do think it is in the realm of possible he is replaced at the end of the year.
What he and OSU did was bad; but looks much worse when you get all the facts. It is obvious he knew and even worse he made efforts to hide/cover up what he did know.
The cover up is always worse than the crime. If I remember the whole Tressel situation they let him coach for a little while and then he was out; could see the same thing here. As long as the media storm continues; if the media storm goes away in a week or so then urbie will be fine.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT