Votes: 20 18.5%
  • Retained and wife takes fall

Votes: 8 7.4%
  • Retained and AD takes fall

Votes: 34 31.5%
  • Other (please add your scenario)

Votes: 7 6.5%

• Total voters
There is absolutely no question that pro fan bases are exponentially worse than college fan bases. It's not remotely close.
Really? I guess I don't follow pro sports that closely, but I would think pro sports fans see players and coaches as disposable and would be willing to toss them out for new ones.

Really? I guess I don't follow pro sports that closely, but I would think pro sports fans see players and coaches as disposable and would be willing to toss them out for new ones.
Pro sports fans are often generational. You don't think Browns' fans wouldn't sell their souls for a championship? Remember the reaction of the long-suffering Cubs fans when they finally won a World Series?

Lying at every level is the new normal. People don't even care who's lying. Do you think even one OSU fan, student or alum gives one poo about Urban lying? If your cult leader lies you go along. Period. That's the way it is today...
Yep.
It’s unbelievable the amount of BS people will accept these days.

Pro sports fans are often generational. You don't think Browns' fans wouldn't sell their souls for a championship? Remember the reaction of the long-suffering Cubs fans when they finally won a World Series?

Those are special circumstances though. In general, I think people have more of a connection to a college they do/did attend, than to millionaires and an organization they don't really have anything to do with. But like I said, it certainly applies to both to certain degrees, and there are some exceptions.

There is absolutely no question that pro fan bases are exponentially worse than college fan bases. It's not remotely close.

Completely disagree. Do you think if this situation was happening for an NFL team, that there would be rallies with people chanting the HC's name and stuff like that? What about with Tennessee, where they didn't like the hire and basically start protesting on campus until they reverse the decision. Not to mention the anger over Paterno getting fired at Penn State and the reaction by fans to that. That stuff wouldn't happen if the Carolina Panthers or Detroit Lions made a hire people didn't agree with, or fired a coach that people didn't think should be fired.

Last edited:
Completely disagree. Do you think if this situation was happening for an NFL team, that there would be rallies with people chanting the HC's name and stuff like that? What about with Tennessee, where they didn't like the hire and basically start protesting on campus until they reverse the decision. Not to mention the anger over Paterno getting fired at Penn State and the reaction by fans to that. That stuff wouldn't happen if the Carolina Panthers or Detroit Lions made a hire people didn't agree with, or fired a coach that people didn't think should be fired.
Ray Lewis murdered two people and they retired his jersey in Baltimore.

What a couple of schmoes do on a college campus pales in comparison.

Maybe you've never been to a NFL game? If you have, you'd (I think) agree that NFL fans are bottom of the barrel for the most part.

Reactions: seminoleed
Ray Lewis murdered two people and they retired his jersey in Baltimore.

What a couple of schmoes do on a college campus pales in comparison.

Maybe you've never been to a NFL game? If you have, you'd (I think) agree that NFL fans are bottom of the barrel for the most part.

You are throwing your own facts into that. I am not a defender of Ray Lewis at all, but he was not convicted of murder. And the guys he was with got off with it being self defense.

I live 5 minutes from an NFL stadium, I have probably been to 30 or so NFL games, and honestly, never really had any problems or noticed fans being bottom of the barrel. And fans at any sporting event can be obnoxious sure, including college games, surely you admit college games get tons of drunk college kids?

Regardless, my point wasn't even really about the game day experience, I don't find college and pro games that different in that regard. But I am talking about the attitudes surrounding the teams. Again, what happened a few months ago at Tennessee, running off a coach who they just hired, would never happen with an NFL team, and it was all due to fans not liking the hire. Same thing with the Meyer reaction, the reaction to Paterno being fired, etc etc.

Last edited:
You are throwing your own facts into that. I am not a defender of Ray Lewis at all, but he was not convicted of murder.

I live 5 minutes from an NFL stadium, I have probably been to 30 or so NFL games, and honestly, never really had any problems or noticed fans being bottom of the barrel. And fans at any sporting event can be obnoxious sure, including college games, surely you admit college games get tons of drunk college kids?

Regardless, my point wasn't even really about the game day experience, I don't find college and pro games that different in that regard. But I am talking about the attitudes surrounding the teams. Again, what happened a few months ago at Tennessee, running off a coach who they just hired, would never happen with an NFL team, and it was all due to fans not liking the hire. Same thing with the Meyer reaction, the reaction to Paterno being fired, etc etc.
You ARE a defender of Ray Lewis.

And I’m fine to disagree w/you. No big deal.

What’s the update with the Meyer fiasco.

I feel like we are past the two weeks.

Fire the dude and then let him be thrown to the wolves already.

You are throwing your own facts into that. I am not a defender of Ray Lewis at all, but he was not convicted of murder.

E44TBcm.png

Reactions: NoleLizards
1. Lift edge of rug upward.
2. <sweep, sweep>
3. Look the other way
4. Return to business as usual.

That's the actions of ohio state. End of story.
corch mayas been covering for Bruce's grandson since his cheating days as a gadar. Nothing will ever come of this.......too many rungs on the ladder above zach and erving
zack will get his job back or a huge check...corch??????Business as usual.
SAD SAD SAD..... Poor Courtney

Like said all along there was very little chance urbie was leaving. Research OSU and just look at what they have gotten away with and even if they are caught the punishment is mild. Honestly I would be surprised if urbie even gets a game suspension. I could see OSU pushing the findings a week or so and then we are playing games and this gets very little attention.

The committee is supposed to release their recommendations tomorrow (Wednesday). My guess is that he'll stay on and Ohio State will eventually get through this just like Penn State did.

If there's any consolation, it's that Urban will forever lose his moral high ground.

AD probably gone but for other reasons. I never thought Meyer would take the fall but I guess it's possible.

FSU and just about every other prominent program (and all major sports) has swept some stuff under the rug so me personally I'm not going to get into what fans will and will not tolerate.

urbs should make Zack and his ole lady walk off the field holding hands.

That or arrest him for whipping up on her. They forced her to drop charges in hogtown and ohio when she was beaten and turned a deaf ear to it all. Somebody, somewhere needs to be held accountable, even if that comes by force. ohio, like gadas will never bring about anything but self defense, cover ups and more lies. We need an avenue to make those guilty of these transgressions face the music. When ohio drops investigation and says nothing to evidence there should be an immediate private look at everything they CHOOSE to deem not important.

1. If zack beat her he is guilty as sin.
2. If urbs knew, or worse knew and squelched her story, he is guilty as sin.
3. If hogtown and ohio cops knew and did nothing, they are guilty as sin.
4. If urbs wife knew and did nothing it was because urb said no, so she is guilty as sin.

In my opinion points 1-4 are facts proven by cell phone records. All the sex toy crap and peter pictures just points to a dude with character issues that could never be trusted about anything. Yet urbs stands behind it all.....PROUDLY!!

He should be loathed by every football coach in America. Pee Wee to nfl.

Actually, I think it’ll be a really harsh punishment.

I fully expect OSU will have to publicly apologize to Meyer for dragging him through the trauma of the past 6 weeks. To reinforce the message that the school really understands the severity of the situation, it will give Meyer a multiyear contract extension and a raise $1 over Nick Saban’s contract.

The committee is supposed to release their recommendations tomorrow (Wednesday). My guess is that he'll stay on and Ohio State will eventually get through this just like Penn State did.

If there's any consolation, it's that Urban will forever lose his moral high ground.
Also, the College Gameday signs, anytime OSU is involved, will be top notch.

Which will and possibly should bring a lot of negative attention to the university and meyer by women's groups. Minimizing domestic violence anytime but especially in the current environment is stupid IMO.
At least he no longer gets to stand on that damned high horse he once did and lecture everyone about how great and moral of a man he is. Now the rest of the nation knows that he's always been a scumbag and cared only about winning just like all of us did.

So the investigation committee says Urban and the AD knew about allegations and basically did nothing...and he still only got 3 games

Amusing watching Urban struggle with the handful of questions the media asked.
He did admit to giving Zach the benefit of doubt because of Earle Bruce..

Last edited:
So the investigation committee says Urban and the AD knew about allegations and basically did nothing...and he still only got 3 games

I can't imagine some women's groups won't take Ohio St to courts. Most Title IX trainings in universities basically say "you report it immediately to the right people, or you're gone". This is disgusting on the school's part.

Reactions: Imtotallynottribe
Seems like the shame of the suspension is pretty solid. Maybe even better than him being fired in my biased opinion, since it's almost like a being convicted of a crime. I'm speaking purely from the perspective of #nolefanhere.

Brett McMurphy and Dan Wolken's Twitter feeds are on fire right now. They're are throwing everything out there. Not holding anything back. Ohio St may really not survive this media onslaught.

BTW, if you get a chance, check out what Zach Smith's attorney's statement was tonight....

Reactions: DFSNOLE
3 games is weak sauce for sure.

However, he did give an incredible moving heart felt message to the media after learning the news. People are saying there wasn’t a dry eye in the building. I believe Urban has definitely learned from this ordeal after hearing...incredible.

For those who haven’t heard.

3 games is weak sauce for sure.

However, he did give an incredible moving heart felt message to the media after learning the news. People are saying there wasn’t a dry eye in the building. I believe Urban has definitely learned from this ordeal after hearing...incredible.

For those who haven’t heard.

That sounded like a hostage speech..

Reactions: NYCNole and DFSNOLE
The OSU prez was clearly rattled and kept tripping over his words. Urbie was asked a simple question by a reporter but kept asking for the reporter to repeat. OSU leaders were clearly nervous & just wanted to get out of the building.

No one ever addressed remorse for the domestic abuse which occurred. PR 101 fellas!

Changed vote from "retained and AD takes fall" to "other" since no one took the fall. Should have known.

:rolleyes:

Reactions: DanC78
I know I said this once already, but seriously for any College GameDay that OSU is involved in, the signs are going to be brutal! The sign censors will be working overtime and then some.

Reactions: DFSNOLE
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT