ADVERTISEMENT

Urban Meyer (updated - terminated 12/16)

Couldn’t happen to a nicer guy
Couldn't happen to a more deserving guy!!!

Reactions: TDNoles58
It’s almost like you can’t treat a room full of millionaires the same way you do college kids whose life depends on your program… Who’d have guessed lmao. Just shows how much of a pos he’s always been behind closed doors.
He should have asked Nick about his Dolphins experience. You nailed the issue, and if Nicky couldn’t make it work . . .

He arrogantly thought he could treat grown ass professional athletes like a bunch of wet-behind-the-ears college freshman. Needless to say, his schtick isn't going over, and the team is in revolt. Hopefully the Jags show him the door at the end of the year.
Meyer is a punk! Shows that because you have money doesn’t make you smart. AKA the Jaguars owner!

Urban Meyer

"I CAN'T WAIT TO GET BACK TO MY BAR AND SOME MORE OF THOSE CROTCH DANCES!"

Carmen Mandato/Getty Urban Meyer
Urban Meyer, the head coach of the Jacksonville Jaguars, has been fired less than a year after joining the NFL team.
On Thursday morning, Jaguars team owner Shad Khan announced in a press release that the 57-year-old football coach was fired after failing to regain trust with the franchise.

"After deliberation over many weeks and a thorough analysis of the entirety of Urban's tenure with our team, I am bitterly disappointed to arrive at the conclusion that an immediate change is imperative for everyone," Khan said. "I informed Urban of the change this evening. As I stated in October, regaining our trust and respect was essential. Regrettably, it did not happen."
Darrell Bevell, the team's offensive coordinator, will serve as the interim head coach for the remainder of the season, per the release.

Best thing for Jax. I liked how Lawrence said they have to remove the drama. And they did! What a huge POS C.orch U.rban M.eyers is!

unfortunately Meyer will get paid. the guy is a major scumbag, but from everything I have read his contract was guaranteed.

unfortunately Meyer will get paid. the guy is a major scumbag, but from everything I have read his contract was guaranteed.
I am reading some snippets that he may have been terminated "for cause," which, if true, vitiates the guaranty. My guess is that some settlement will be reached under which he is paid far less than the "guaranteed" amount....same thing happened with Swamp Donkey.

Reactions: seminoleed
The Jags players are starting to open up about him. Trevor Lawrence is a good kid and he was not in sync with the guy there at the end.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT