ADVERTISEMENT

Vitamix or Blendtec?

West Duval Nole

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Dec 16, 2013
Jacksonville, FL
Ok. Locker room. Has anyone used both of these frequently? Which do you recommend? Considering getting one not to just make smoothies, but also sauces and soups from fresh veggies as well as nut butters and sorbet.

What say you?

Last edited:
Picked up the Vitamix 5300 at Cosco during the holidays. Really like it and we use it every morning to make a smoothie. Cleans up super quick and easy. Absolutely no complaints. I plan to do some experimenting with soups and sauces but just haven't gotten around to either.

We used to juice a bunch of stuff and then create a smoothie by pouring into a blender and adding additional ingredients like plain greek yogurt, flax, hemp and chia seeds, local honey, etc. but that took us forever and the cleanup was a pain. With the Vitamix, we just through it all in and go. I have friends with the Blendtec and they love it also. Probably can't make a bad decision either way.

Reactions: West Duval Nole
Ok. Locker room. Has anyone used both of these frequently? Which do you recommend? Considering getting one not to just make smoothies, but also sauces and soups from fresh veggies as well as nut butters and sorbet.

What say you?

Well speaking of consumer reports, I bought a Kitchenaid blender for a third or fourth the price of a Vitamix because it had a higher rating a year or two ago. Slightly less power but a blade with a better design that blended the same or better. It makes silky smooth spinach smoothies with no lumps whatsoever and I got it on sale at Costco for like $75.

Vitamix all the way! I've had mine for about 5 years now and it's awesome, I use it all of the time.

we have a Blendtech and it is about as awesome as a blender can be. Use it for fresh salsa all the time. Our neighbors had a vitamix and it only lasted a couple of years. Reviews on Blendtech seemed stronger and it was a $100 cheaper. So far, we are more than happy with it.

Well speaking of consumer reports, I bought a Kitchenaid blender for a third or fourth the price of a Vitamix because it had a higher rating a year or two ago. Slightly less power but a blade with a better design that blended the same or better. It makes silky smooth spinach smoothies with no lumps whatsoever and I got it on sale at Costco for like $75.
I've had both, my wife wouldn't take five Kitchenaid blenders for her Vitamix. To each his own I guess.

I got one of those crazy Ninja things and couldn't be happier. Best blender I've ever used. Absolutely pulverizes smoothies. I think they are about 1/2 a 1/3 the price of a vitamix. So far so good.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT