ADVERTISEMENT

We are headed for one hell of a crash

The entire thing is a sham. It won't be like 2008. Foreclosures are the fault of the borrower this time as they are too lazy to reemploy themselves & have taken on WAY too much debt while we have been in Camelot. If you could afford a $2,000 mortgage before a crash, you could afford one after. People don't look at the long term marathon of life.
You are correct. Prior to 2008, I would blame the government for pushing institutions into giving loans to people that were non qualifiers. And once again, the normal citizen gets to pay for this negligent social engineering scheme. Banking has never been the same since. Still gouging with large interest rates for credit cards and non existent interest for money in savings accounts for for the normal Joe.

In the SE, it's not a supply issue for wood. It's a production issue. Can't manufacture the wood because many sawmills shut down. You can't just restart them in minutes. Demand caught everyone by surprise and now we're dealing with the effects of the closings. Plenty of supply in our region. Hence why the logger isn't gaining and the mfg is.
Good to know. Thanks

This is the nightmare no one realizes... the trickle down this causes is unreal. It's similar to debt forgiveness of all kind. Who's going to pay for it? The middle class which is not going to see a pay raise from a $15 minimum wage or any kind of progressive ideology.

We're heading to weird times and the lunatics want to tax people to a point where half if not more of the country will gross the same income after taxes. What's the point of making $120k a year when the final amount earned is that of a cashier at Wal-Mart?
That is what they want. Bunch of commies.

Reactions: goldmom
Just wait and see what happens in the housing market if the Pres actually gets this new idea to give $15,000 to "first time home buyers" (people who haven't bought a house the last 3 years) that wll be like pouring gasoline on a fire.
These are the same folks that are trying to dismantle math and science from school. Guess they did not do well in math.

Most of it, yes, but the politics are making it unlivable.
Sorry to hear it. I grew up in Troy, outside of Albany, went into the Marine Corps to get money from school and never made it back except for subcontract work. Much simpler down south. I live in TN which has no state tax and pay 900 dollars a year property tax for a home on ten acres about 60 miles outside of Knoxville. I have to drive a ways to get to work everyday, but it is very peaceful when I am home. I have deer, bear, fox, bobcat eagle, elk, owls, and an occasional panther and all kind of critters roaming on and around my property (lots of state parks nearby). I can walk out my door and shoot my guns and it is no problem. You do not even need a handgun permit in TN to carry any longer. It is nice just to sit outside in my side by side four wheeler and watch nature do its thing once in a while.

Last edited:
IMHO this is another example of our government doing something really dumb by not letting tenants have the normal fear of negative consequences of not paying....who does the government think is going to be willing to rent to these people once they finally get evicted??? I wouldn't.
Who cares about those bums? They aren't paying rent even though they could. The folks that own those homes can't pay for them because of the government's permission for the tenants to be leaches.

Sorry to hear it. I grew up in Troy, outside of Albany, went into the Marine Corps to get money from school and never made it back except for subcontract work. Much simpler down south. I live in TN which has no state tax and pay 900 dollars a year for a home on ten acres about 60 miles outside of Knoxville. I have to drive a ways to get to work everyday, but it is very peaceful when I am home. I have deer, bear, fox, bobcat eagle, elk, owls, and an occasional panther and all kind of critters roaming on and around my property (lots of state parks nearby). I can walk out my door and shoot my guns and it is no problem. You do not even need a handgun permit in TN to carry any longer. It is nice just to sit outside in my side by side four wheeler and watch nature do its thing once in a while.
Sounds like paradise, now if I could just get my wife to sign up...
Can you hunt the elk?

Reactions: tnesquire
Sounds like paradise, now if I could just get my wife to sign up...
Can you hunt the elk?
Not currently. The state is stocking up the Smoky Mountains with them such that they are abundant. In general, you can hunt anything on your property without a hunting license. Except for what the State is trying to preserve. At this time, I know you can not shoot an elk or a bear unless it is putting you in immediate danger. The elks are huge. I know the issue about the wife. I lived through that one. It is understandable that people do not want to leave their friends and family for a move to another part of the country.

Last edited:
Reactions: nynole1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT