ADVERTISEMENT

Westworld

I wanna see a screenshot.

I think one of us is remembering things wrong. Very well could be me.

I'm at work, so can't google the NSFW ones, but here's one with bars across it.

Westworld-674161.jpg

http://www.express.co.uk/showbiz/tv...Wood-naked-Anthony-Hopkins-HBO-Thandie-Newton

Could be Elise being zipped up.

FWIW, both Elsie and Theresa are listed for 9 episodes on their credits on IMDB.com. All the main characters are listed for 10, as there are 10 total episodes in Season 1. Elsie wasn't shown in that episode. Again, according to IMDB.com credits, Theresa and Elsie are both listed on credits for the final 2 episodes.

Reactions: Wizzle_23
I think those who are lead to believe the 2 or 3 timeline theories forget that Nolan's history is to guide people down certain viewpoint and then pull the rug out from under them. We shall see where the rabbit hole takes us.

They also need to show Delores, naked. I don't even really find Evan Rachel Wood very attractive, but it bothers me that on a show with nudity galore, some cast don't have to get naked.

Everyone needs to get naked, dadgummit!

LOL I literally laughed when I read this because I thought I was the only crazy person who thought this way! I doubt it will ever happen since it hasnt already. Were you also pissed when Daenerys Targaryen refused to get naked after the first season? I was!

LOL I literally laughed when I read this because I thought I was the only crazy person who thought this way! I doubt it will ever happen since it hasnt already. Were you also pissed when Daenerys Targaryen refused to get naked after the first season? I was!

Dany not being naked was BS. I don't like the actress anyways (she seems a horrible drip in all of the interviews I've seen and her acting is subpar), but they horribly miscast her. Someone who refuses to wear the one boobed lamb ear outfit from the books and refuses the lesbian scenes is bad enough, but her black eyebrows are distracting and her poor acting almost kills the show.

Dany not being naked was BS. I don't like the actress anyways (she seems a horrible drip in all of the interviews I've seen and her acting is subpar), but they horribly miscast her. Someone who refuses to wear the one boobed lamb ear outfit from the books and refuses the lesbian scenes is bad enough, but her black eyebrows are distracting and her poor acting almost kills the show.
Agree. She is useless without being naked or riding a dragon.

giphy.gif

Maybe it was due to the fact that I watched as I was falling asleep last night, but there was a TON thrown at us in Ep 8.

I like that they defined what would happen if Maeve attempted to leave the building. The blending of timelines came in to "focus", but still a touch confusing for me. Seeing what turned tMIB to the way he is definitely helps his character development.

Really clear that Ford is bats- crazy, but it's perfect for the show/story.

Reactions: RTM58 and dmm5157
The demon looking dudes the MiB was with at the end of the episode looked to be the real deal. I would be paging the home office to get me the frigg out of there....like asap!

Still not sure what timeline the brothel chick is living in. I'm sure there are scenes in the first few episodes that show, buuuut, thought I would as here.....does anyone know?

Last edited:
Reactions: dmm5157
So Theresa is indeed confirmed as dead. And it appears Bernard get a flashback of taking Elsie as well, so she's probably dead too.

We didn't get confirmation of the host that Ford is working on, guessing it's one for his timeline (wyatt?).

Looks like the corporate lady Charlotte alluded to Ford creating Wyatt and that he was almost done. This is a bit confusing timeline wise because MiB has known about Wyatt and references him when he and Ford sit in the bar and talk about the maze. That would mean Teresa's death and Wyatt's creation happened well before MiB's part of the story. Further confirmation of mutliple timelines.

Also, the girl that MiB and Teddy run into is the same girl that greets William when he arrives at Westworld. MiB implies she's an old, recycled Host, further proof of timelines.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cubman777 and RTM58
So Theresa is indeed confirmed as dead. And it appears Bernard get a flashback of taking Elsie as well, so she's probably dead too.

We didn't get confirmation of the host that Ford is working on, guessing it's one for his timeline (wyatt?).

Looks like the corporate lady Charlotte alluded to Ford creating Wyatt and that he was almost done. This is a bit confusing timeline wise because MiB has known about Wyatt and references him when he and Ford sit in the bar and talk about the maze. That would mean Teresa's death and Wyatt's creation happened well before MiB's part of the story. Further confirmation of mutliple timelines.

Also, the girl that MiB and Teddy run into is the same girl that greets William when he arrives at Westworld. MiB implies she's an old, recycled Host, further proof of timelines.

Was he referring to Wyatt being almost done or the new narrative being almost done. We've only seen Wyatt through the eyes of a Teddy flashback and as we know, hosts are unreliable narrators and the story was planted by Ford.

Was he referring to Wyatt being almost done or the new narrative being almost done. We've only seen Wyatt through the eyes of a Teddy flashback and as we know, hosts are unreliable narrators and the story was planted by Ford.

Oooooh, good question! That I don't know. Didn't catch it. Admittedly I watched it in 2 parts last night, I'll have to re-watch after work.

So did anyone (@dmm5157 ) catch the wall of images or videos behind Corporate lady as she was taking to the narrative guy?

Also good to see Peter Abernathy return. So, they are going to use him to take info out of the park? Is the board behind that or is she acting alone?

So did anyone (@dmm5157 ) catch the wall of images or videos behind Corporate lady as she was taking to the narrative guy?

Also good to see Peter Abernathy return. So, they are going to use him to take info out of the park? Is the board behind that or is she acting alone?

I did not notice it, but I will pay closer attention when I re-watch tonight.

westworld-episode-8-Charlotte-Hale.jpg

I've watched the episodes twice. Love the show. Only thing I never figured out was why couldn't Teddy kill the men in the masks that attacked him at night when he was looking for Wyatt. He shot at least 4 of them and they weren't affected.

Man, I'm mad at you guys. I brought up this puzzling point back on Nov 1st and everyone just glossed over it. I'm thinking those things in masks are either human (not likely) or something created completely separate from all other hosts. Did you see the MiB's face when Teddy killed the one with the axe to the head? He almost looked kind of stunned, like it was a host killing a human which isn't supposed to happen. He also looked like he was shitting his pants at the end, whereas he was completely nonchalant when Teddy had the gun to his head. Westworld issued guns are no threat but if one of those things slits his throat then C-YA.

And in a related topic, I guess Maeve just grazed him with the knife after he killed her daughter? And also for you two timeline people the girl with Teddy and MiB pretty much confirms it doesn't it? And his story about his wife and being a titan of industry and how after her death he "came back here" sure sounds like it's setting up that he is indeed William. However, that doesn't make sense b/c he tells Teddy that the maze was revealed to him when he killed homesteader Maeve. If he was William he would have already known about it from his time helping Delores.

Now what I can't figure out is, how long ago did MiB kill country Maeve's daughter. How long has he been there? The two dudes reprogramming hooker Maeve told her she had been in that role for a year.

I am firmly entrenched in the 3 timelines camp:

TL1 - William and Delores
TL2 - Maeve and the idiots
TL3 - MiB

Also I think that all of the outside the park story is just kind of there. It isn't linear with what is happening inside the park.

I still am not buying that William is the MIB. I really think Nolan is playing with us as he normally does with his shows/movies. There will be a complete 180 and throw us all for a loop.

Also, does anyone think that Sylvester and Felix are Hosts? So Maeve can Jedi mind trick the other host now. That should be interesting to see where her story goes. It seems to be the weakest part of the show currently.

Where does everyone thing the show will go next season (not until 2018 is what they are saying)? If they resolve most of the plot by the next 2 episodes.

Finally, what is at the center of the Maze? Arnold?

TL3 - MiB

Also I think that all of the outside the park story is just kind of there. It isn't linear with what is happening inside the park.

Thinking about it, Ford has interacted (directly or indirectly) with all the above: Delores (in various timelines), Maeve (well, through Clementine being "disabled"), and obviously had drinks with MiB. His interaction with William has only been through Delores.

The only point of mentioning that is Ford is obviously the same age with TL2 and TL3 above, but since Delores is "one of the originals", we don't know at what point her interactions have occurred with regards to Ford and William.

Also, not sure how I missed this one. Look at William's shirt and MiB's shirt.

william-shirt.gif
mib-shirt.gif

And knife
ww-knife.gif

I still am not buying that William is the MIB. I really think Nolan is playing with us as he normally does with his shows/movies. There will be a complete 180 and throw us all for a loop.

Also, does anyone think that Sylvester and Felix are Hosts? So Maeve can Jedi mind trick the other host now. That should be interesting to see where her story goes. It seems to be the weakest part of the show currently.

Where does everyone thing the show will go next season (not until 2018 is what they are saying)? If they resolve most of the plot by the next 2 episodes.

Finally, what is at the center of the Maze? Arnold?

How crappy is it going to be if the center of the maze is just the train back to Westworld?

Reactions: Cubman777
Thinking about it, Ford has interacted (directly or indirectly) with all the above: Delores (in various timelines), Maeve (well, through Clementine being "disabled"), and obviously had drinks with MiB. His interaction with William has only been through Delores.

The only point of mentioning that is Ford is obviously the same age with TL2 and TL3 above, but since Delores is "one of the originals", we don't know at what point her interactions have occurred with regards to Ford and William.

Also, not sure how I missed this one. Look at William's shirt and MiB's shirt.

william-shirt.gif
mib-shirt.gif

And knife
ww-knife.gif

Is it possible that Ford is a host? He reveres them and says as much in a sense during his conversation with Bernard. I think he views them as the next step in evolution, so it would surprise me if he built himself a new body and transplanted his mind into it.
Keep in mind, I only watch episodes once and don't read anything about them afterward except on this board, so I could be completely wrong!

There is no way Ford is a host. If they go that route this show immediately drops a few pegs in my book.

TL3 - MiB

But it still is stupid having him tell that story and using the words "that's when the maze revealed itself to me" and having the maze carved into the ground and Maeve falling on it, if he is indeed William.

Reactions: HulaNole
There is no way Ford is a host. If they go that route this show immediately drops a few pegs in my book.

I thought about the possibility of Ford creating a clone of himself as a host. Like Bernard, he's very cold, emotionless, calculating, and seems to prefer the company of hosts over humans.

The other thing I always thought was weird was how he controlled hosts via his mind ... much like Maeve is doing right now. I suppose there could be mind-control capability, where humans can plug into the system, but we have not seen that to be the case yet. Everyone is running around with those tablets.

Food for thought.

That could also tie into the whole "code" obsession from Delos. And the idea that if they close the park, then Ford would die since he's 100% dependent on the park for his survival ...

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT