ADVERTISEMENT

Westworld

Would be a evil twist for William to be in love with Dolores in the William timeline and then IF he is the MiB to come back decades later and be raping her in the barn (assuming he does that when he drags her in there).

Would be a evil twist for William to be in love with Dolores in the William timeline and then IF he is the MiB to come back decades later and be raping her in the barn (assuming he does that when he drags her in there).

I brought this up a few pages back as well. I hope they show a flashback during the finale of what really took place in the barn that night if MiB is William. And regardless if MiB is William or not, I don't see MiB as the raping type. I believe he was doing something else with her in the barn...maze stuff, but not rapping, which is clearly what they wanted us to think was taking place.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cubman777
I think the MiB knows he's never in danger and always being watched. So no matter what the horse does he wasn't going to die. If Angela wanted him to die couldn't she set up her contraption and have the horse run while MiB is asleep and just be done with it?

I also want to know why the bottom levels of westworld once looked like prestine areas but now look like scenes from a horror video game.

Reactions: LesClaypool
Isn't there a picture of a horse in the opening credits that show they too are host?

If that's the case, he shouldn't have ever been in any real trouble....one would think at least.

I think Angela figured out how to hack the code because she's one of the original host. She had the horse blindfolded so it wouldn't be aware if it was harming a guest.

Isn't there a picture of a horse in the opening credits that show they too are host?

If that's the case, he shouldn't have ever been in any real trouble....one would think at least.

This was debated when I was reading the subreddit. Basically the horse is a host as well and even with it being blindfolded it still is a robot that can hear human distress and respond to commands. The other thing is that the MiB is knocked out at night and the horse/hanging scene is day time. So there is time lapse that occurs and if she wanted to kill the MiB something would have been done in the interim. I kinda thought that the timing was too perfect for there to be real danger.

I brought this up a few pages back as well. I hope they show a flashback during the finale of what really took place in the barn that night if MiB is William. And regardless if MiB is William or not, I don't see MiB as the raping type. I believe he was doing something else with her in the barn...maze stuff, but not rapPing, which is clearly what they wanted us to think was taking place.

Yes, agree on "not the type" if there is a type. And he is so focused on the maze, ain't nobody got time for that.

Although I doubt they are rapping. Old school beat boxing perhaps? :)

Last edited:
I brought this up a few pages back as well. I hope they show a flashback during the finale of what really took place in the barn that night if MiB is William. And regardless if MiB is William or not, I don't see MiB as the raping type. I believe he was doing something else with her in the barn...maze stuff, but not rapping, which is clearly what they wanted us to think was taking place.
MiB has been going through this over and over for 30 years and has probably interacted with Dolores in every way possible to try to get her back (or lead him to the maze). Since he saw Maeve gain consciousness during an extremely traumatic situation, I think raping &/or torturing Dolores would be on the table for him.

As to the horse situation, he did appear nervous. I think he's noticed that as he's getting closer to the maze, the rules of the game are starting to change. Not entirely, since he was put in a situation with an available escape route, but it is no longer certain that all safeguards are in place.

I'm staying with the Maze leads to a final showdown with Logan theory for now, but an alternative is that Logan becomes the first human to be killed by a Host. Arnold intervenes at that point and is killed by Dolores, if he has actually been killed and not hiding in the maze. Dolores would make the most sense to snap and kill Logan, but I wouldn't rule out Teddy. I like the idea that someone mentioned that he's being punished by Arnold by being made an impotent character in his loop. How that would play out in the game could be the trigger for Dolores.

Reactions: Cubman777
This was debated when I was reading the subreddit. Basically the horse is a host as well and even with it being blindfolded it still is a robot that can hear human distress and respond to commands. The other thing is that the MiB is knocked out at night and the horse/hanging scene is day time. So there is time lapse that occurs and if she wanted to kill the MiB something would have been done in the interim. I kinda thought that the timing was too perfect for there to be real danger.

Yeah the voice commands would be significant. If she gagged him, then the danger is more real BUT the horse did string him up. Interesting regardless.

Another thought I have is this has happened before. In the past there was a leader host who commanded the others. They go into the facility of westworld and reak havoc and thus downstairs looks like Gaines Street in the 1980's. Maybe in the past it was Delores or the blonde host that led everyone. Now it's Maeve.

This has a very "loop" feel to it.

Reactions: FSUTribe76
FYI, the SYFY Channel is showing the original Westworld movie this weekend - Saturday and Sunday mornings. Might be worth setting the DVR to check for easter eggs/references made in the series that haven't been noticed. Or additional clues for what's coming up, although I don't think the plots between the two correlate all that directly.

FYI, the SYFY Channel is showing the original Westworld movie this weekend - Saturday and Sunday mornings. Might be worth setting the DVR to check for easter eggs/references made in the series that haven't been noticed. Or additional clues for what's coming up, although I don't think the plots between the two correlate all that directly.
I have to original movie on DVD. I might bust it out instead as I hate watching movies on TV with all the commercials. Thanks for the heads up.

Reactions: GoNolesTX
I just saw that. I wonder why the snake tattoo lady would do that and is it to Felix?

It's not Felix, paused it and it's a dark-skinned guy with a beard. See below.

BTW all that footage is from the original 2 min trailer for Westworld. The scene with the girl with the snake tattoo pushing the guy down happens around 1:38 mark.

Capture.jpg

Last edited:
I have a feeling that the Armistice scene might have either been cut or it's season 2. Don't see any reason to work that into the season finale unless it's just part of a collage of quick shots showing a number of hosts rebelling / attacking humans right as the very last scene ends and credits roll.

I have a feeling that the Armistice scene might have either been cut or it's season 2. Don't see any reason to work that into the season finale unless it's just part of a collage of quick shots showing a number of hosts rebelling / attacking humans right as the very last scene ends and credits roll.

I got the same impression.

Pondering... what do we all think Season 2 will be like? Do we think it's going to follow along with the movie somewhat and branch off to Roman or Medieval World or be a splinter of a potentially left-open story line from this season?

Pondering... what do we all think Season 2 will be like? Do we think it's going to follow along with the movie somewhat and branch off to Roman or Medieval World or be a splinter of a potentially left-open story line from this season?
With only one episode left, I don't think they can wrap up the story lines entirely, so:
- Maeve is working to escape. If successful, they could follow her to ___World or whatever the real world is like.
- I think MiB and Delores will find the maze, with the first obstacle within it being the season-ending cliffhanger. Next season, they (and others?) work through it.
- Looks like Ford's new narrative involves digging out the buried town. If so, we'll continue in a western setting.

With only one episode left, I don't think they can wrap up the story lines entirely, so:
- Maeve is working to escape. If successful, they could follow her to ___World or whatever the real world is like.
- I think MiB and Delores will find the maze, with the first obstacle within it being the season-ending cliffhanger. Next season, they (and others?) work through it.
- Looks like Ford's new narrative involves digging out the buried town. If so, we'll continue in a western setting.

I think the maze is metaphysical, after Maeve escapes the MiB she lies down with her daughter and the maze is there, drawn out on the ground. The maze "revealed itself" at that moment.

Reactions: DanC78
I think the maze is metaphysical, after Maeve escapes the MiB she lies down with her daughter and the maze is there, drawn out on the ground. The maze "revealed itself" at that moment.
I agree with this....I don't see how it could be physical.

I still think that Dolores is Wyatt. A little more so after this episode. I think that Teddy's mind is protecting him by showing somebody else as Wyatt instead of Dolores. He said that he and Wyatt killed every soldier then Wyatt killed the General and then he turned on me. It would make sense that Dolores is Wyatt, the soldiers are the towns people and Arnold is the General. Still not sure what role Teddy plays in all of this. Why he is also killing people. Maybe Dolores or Arnold made him do it. Still not sure the significance.

Side note. Did any catch the photo that Logan showed William of his fiancé? I'll have to go back and check, but it looked like the one Dolores' father found that made him go crazy.

Ding, ding, ding! Wow.

on Reddit it turns out that Juliet's picture is a stock image

Also have any of you visited

http://delosincorporated.com/ once here type in reverie in the admin box

https://discoverwestworld.com/

Ha, that's not creepy or anything. Pretty neat little easter egg on Delos website.

Once you search Reveries, you can't return back to main page until you clear cookies.

Also interesting that they decided to modify Westworld website following season finale.

Reactions: Random_John
Wow. Good episode. Definitely explained a lot but does leave the question open. Did Ford give up and check out or did he solve the maze and decided to move his conscience into the body he was building. If all or some of the board is gone, who does the company fall to. And I guess we are leaving the Western theme for a little more Oriental influenced next season. ?

I will want to go watch the whole season again to clear up and catch some of the peeks they gave.

Very satisfying finale. I too am curious if Ford is still alive, it wouldn't fit his personality to just walk away and leave chaos.

Can't see how next season unfolds once word of the chaos gets out.

Maeve storyline i thought was imho the biggest aha surprise to me.

Nice smirk by MIB at end, almost happy he was shot.

Reactions: HulaNole
Whether Ford is alive or not probably depends on what Anthony Hopkins wants to do. I suppose if he transferred his consciousness into another host, the writers would probably go in whatever direction they wanted.

MIB is definitely happy about getting shot. He was the one who wanted real stakes in the game, and he is finally getting them. I'd love to see more of the MIB backstory from the time he first visited the park until the present.

Maeve's whole storyline being scripted certainly explains a lot about what has gone on and how she was able to get away with so much. The main question is did she get off the train of her own free will, or was that scripted as well.

My guess is it was scripted. It seemed Bernard was about to tell her about her getting off the train and then.....she slapped the tablet from his hands. I feel that no matter what the hosts have no control and this is all on Ford.

If MIB and Ford do not die I can see them forming an alliance next season as Ford gave the owner of the company what he wanted from a game perspective and Ford got rid of those who want him out.

I was thinking I'd read somewhere that Hopkins was coming back for Season 2, but it's Ed Harris that has said he's coming back for Season 2.

And according to Huffington Post, Elsie is apparently still alive too: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...estworld-season-2_us_5845330de4b09e21702f6ea6

Elsie (Shannon Woodward) might still be around after all.

An Easter egg on DelosIncorporated.com shows Elsie still online, in Sector 20 of the park, despite her grim interaction with Bernard (Jeffrey Wright) in Sector 3. Unless, of course, her tablet is being used by someone else after Bernard strangled her. But another hidden gem ― a voice recording of Elsie saying “Hello?” ― gives us more reason to hold out hope.

If Elsie is still around, that could mean Stubbs (Luke Hemsworth) has managed to survive his apparent abduction, too.

Dr. Ford, however, is a different story ― although there’s a pretty clever way he could also find his way back into the script.

Reactions: HulaNole
My guess is it was scripted. It seemed Bernard was about to tell her about her getting off the train and then.....she slapped the tablet from his hands. I feel that no matter what the hosts have no control and this is all on Ford.

If MIB and Ford do not die I can see them forming an alliance next season as Ford gave the owner of the company what he wanted from a game perspective and Ford got rid of those who want him out.

This would be by far the best storyline they can go with. Well with the exception that if any of the people at the gala survived, it would be pretty hard to explain how Ford is alive w/o incriminating him.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT