ADVERTISEMENT

Uniforms in Dublin?

It appears that Georgia Tech is the home team and can choose their uniforms first. It also appears that Georgia Tech doesn't wear navy blue anymore, they only wear gold and white. If GT comes out in gold and white, I would hope we don't also come out in gold and white lol. Maybe this is a game for the white helmets? We tend to wear the white helmets against other teams that have gold helmets, which I think is smart. We wore white helmets against GT in 2022 and against BC in 2023. My money is on the white helmets. Maybe we could wear white helmets with white jerseys and garnet pants for the first time? I always thought that combination was slick in the recruiting photos but we've never worn it in a game. I know you guys love the traditional stuff but I think it would look pretty stupid if both teams have gold helmets and gold pants. We did that often against BC during the Jimbo era and I think it looked silly.

Soccer FSU hosts Rice on Thursday at 7 p.m. (ACC Network)

FSU sports information:

The No. 1 Florida State soccer team (2-0-0) continues its four-game homestand on Thursday evening against Rice (2-0-0). The Seminoles currently hold an unbeaten streak of 34 games against non-conference opponents dating back to 2019.

FSU will play Rice for the first time since 2022. The two sides had their inaugural meeting back in Houston in 2022. Florida State defeated Rice 5-0 with Maria Alagoa and Beata Olsson each recording multi-goal games.

The Seminoles broke another school record in Sunday’s home victory over North Florida, achieving a 25-game unbeaten streak for the first time in program history while extending its longest winning streak to 17 games. FSU also holds a 36-game scoring streak dating back to 2022, the longest in program history. The Seminoles have continued to be formidable at the Seminole Soccer Complex with 17 straight victories including eight NCAA Tournament wins. FSU has conceded just one goal since last season’s ACC Championship victory with seven shutouts.

The reigning national champions achieved a historic home opening victory against North Florida. FSU scored 10 goals, the most scored since 2009. Taylor Huff recorded her first-ever hat trick inside 75 minutes to become the first player to record a hat trick since Lauren Flynn over NC State, marking the first time the Seminoles achieved back-to-back hat tricks in regular season home games.

Ashlyn Puerta, Lara Dantas, and Solai Washington each scored their first collegiate goals while Camille Ashe recorded two goals for her first career brace. Mimi Van Zanten scored in her second straight game while Olivia Lebdaoui scored her first goal since 2022 after missing the 2023 season due to injury.

Huff began her 2024 campaign in dominant fashion, recording a hat trick of assists at South Florida before scoring a hat trick of goals against North Florida. For a second straight season she earned the first ACC Offensive Player of the Week award and was named to TopDrawerScoccer’s Women’s Team of the Week. Ashe received a TopDrawerSoccer’s WTOTW honorable mention for her two goal performance over North Florida and for her part in the two shutouts.

Gates will open at 6 p.m. and the first 100 fans will receive a free FSU Soccer foam finger upon entry. The 7 p.m. game will be broadcast on ACC Network and will be the first nationally televised game of the 2024 season.
Reactions: NoleLizards

Golf PGSF FedEx Cup Week 33 The FedEx St. Jude Championship

My apologies. This one was a little tougher as I had to discern if people only played a part of the year.
I thought @NoleLizards was going to win the prize, but he is safe; his number in the 7k range was an outlier based on COVID year.
So for an entire year, @fsUTampa comes in with the lowest score at 8398 in 2019

So you need roughly 1000 points to get past Tampa
Wow. Now I'm sorry I asked. That'll be pretty much impossible. So be it.
You Win Runner Up GIF
Reactions: NoleinATL

Golf PGSF FedEx Cup Week 33 The FedEx St. Jude Championship

My apologies. This one was a little tougher as I had to discern if people only played a part of the year.
I thought @NoleLizards was going to win the prize, but he is safe; his number in the 7k range was an outlier based on COVID year.
So for an entire year, @fsUTampa comes in with the lowest score at 8398 in 2019

So you need roughly 1000 points to get past Tampa
ADVERTISEMENT

Filter

ADVERTISEMENT