ADVERTISEMENT

Football Shyheim Brown on Thorpe Award watch list

FSU sports information:

Redshirt junior defensive back Shyheim Brown was named to the Paycom Jim Thorpe Award Watch List Wednesday. The award is presented annually to the nation’s best defensive back by the Oklahoma Sports Hall of Fame and Jim Thorpe Association.

Brown, from Lake City, has started 16 games with 92 tackles over three seasons at Florida State. He started all 14 games for the Seminoles in 2023, recording 53 tackles, 2.0 sacks, one interception, one fumble recovery and four pass breakups to earn third-team All-ACC recognition. Brown had a career-high eight tackles in wins at Florida and Clemson, he grabbed his first career interception in a home victory against No. 16 Duke and he recovered a fumble in FSU’s 24-7 win at Pitt.

As a redshirt freshman in 2022, Brown’s blocked extra point against LSU with no time remaining secured FSU’s 24-23 victory over the Tigers. In the 2023 season opener vs. No. 5 LSU in Orlando, Brown had four tackles with 0.5 sack. Brown’s sack came on 4th-and-1 in the second quarter with LSU inside FSU’s red zone.

Florida State has won the award twice previously, in 1988 (Deion Sanders) and 1991 (Terrell Buckley).

ACC players on Jim Thorpe Award Watch List:

Shyheim Brown, Florida State, Redshirt Junior, DB
Quincy Riley, Louisville, Redshirt Senior, DB
Aydan White, NC State, Senior, CB
Donovan McMillon, Pitt, Senior, DB
Jonas Sanker, Virginia, Senior, S

When do we GET Ireland tix?

My FIL got our tickets and we are not going. I have someone on here who will be getting them.

However, this digital crap requires transferring tickets. I downloaded the app and it said tickets won't come through TM until August.

Anyone known when in August? Do we have to just keep checking? I am sure we will have transfer issues and I need time to get them done.

Strippers have rights, too!

This thread took a very depressing turn.

I came here wanting to discuss 18 year old strippers and wandered into a mortgage convention.

I once went to a pension convention and accidentally wandered into a N. California ACLU symposium at a large hotel once lol.

Needless to say, about two seconds after looking at the people in that room ( lots of hippies, cat ladies, and gray haired dreadlocks, the dregs of society) I realized I was not in Kansas anymore. I fully expected someone to start howling like Donald Sutherland at the end of Invasion of the Body Snatchers ....
Careful…seems like cat ladies are a thing at the moment.
Dog lovers unite!!!

Golf PGSF FedEx Cup Week 31 The Olympics

Well, OK, I have a plan, based on my unique inability to properly prognosticate how well golfers will do in a tournament. It's based on several standards:

1. First and foremost, I'm apparently no good at this.
2. I don't watch the Olympics at all, and haven't since 1996. All these supposed shamateurs and show-offs with all their agendas that must be noticed turns me off.
3. Having said that, I would prefer the US when all the golds as long as they aren't trannies or leftest tools.
4. There are some really good foreign golfers who are potential threats to #3 above.
5. My history of picking really good golfers who fall flat on their faces every week is legendary.
6. Therefore, if I pick 4 foreigners with the potential to win, the Seminole Ed curse will work its wonders and accelerate the US chances.
7. Ergo, I'll go with"

Matthieu Pavon
Ludwig Aberg
Nick Taylor
Alex Noren

There, I've done my patriotic duty. USA, USA, USA......

Based on your stated intent/desire to have those top-notch foreigners play like 20 handicappers, it's a safe bet that three of the four will be on the podium because you reverse-jinxed them.
ADVERTISEMENT

Filter

ADVERTISEMENT