ADVERTISEMENT

Does money bring happiness?

This matches my experience, as well. As the wealth continues to accumulate beyond the norms of the community, the plateau tends to waver and decline. I know of no happy billionaires. My definition of wealth would be an abundance of resources valued within a person's community, and my definition of wealthy would be something like possessing 2+ standard deviations more of those resources than the mean for the community.

How many billionaires do you know and how did they get their billions?

I met a billionaire real estate developer once. He was pretty philanthropic and seemed happy.

Golf PGSF FedEx Cup Week 27: The John Deere Classic

Love Clantons attitude and demeanor, glad he is coming back next year

“I think it’s enough for a college student, for sure. I think it’s - I don’t really need a lot of money right now. I’m 20 years old, still at Florida State University. It’s enough to handle what we have here and to be able to travel. I think it’s good.”

Good stuff there, especially that two-word phrase we haven’t seen much of: “It’s enough.”

That echoed a similar sentiment he expressed at the Rocket Mortgage:

“I play golf to play golf. I think being able to play golf with your buddies every single day, it’s something you don’t get very much. I’ve got 12 dudes on that team that I absolutely love, so it’s awesome.”

Does money bring happiness?

In my experience, wealth correlates with happiness fairly directly for most people until it reaches the threshold of being slightly, but statistically significantly, more than most of the people in a person's community, then it plateaus.
Define wealth? How much net worth is considered wealthy? My observations are that the super wealthy (ie billionaires) become paranoid. They lose the ability to trust others, always wondering if they are only close to them for the money. But that is a general characteristic. Those that have a close community, say Mormons, tend to be happier because they have mechanisms to share their wealth. So while having money is a stabilizing force for an individual (lower divorce rates for example), the extreme right hand of the tail of wealth has characteristics that are different. Use to be, like the Rockefellers, they would build libraries and fund colleges that they didn't attend for the good of society. Now, you see a different type of giving, more narcissist. More grandiose.......
Reactions: BrianNole777

Track and Field FSU names Matt Kane as track & field coach

FSU sports information:

Florida State University Vice President and Director of Athletics Michael Alford announced the hiring of Matt Kane as Director of Track and Field at FSU. Kane, an assistant at FSU since 2019, succeeds former head coach Bob Braman who announced his retirement in May after leading the program for 21 seasons.

This is premium content. Please subscribe to view.

• Poll
Football FSU's toughest road game in 2024

What game do you think will be FSU's toughest road game this season?

• Georgia Tech

Votes: 5 5.2%
  • SMU

Votes: 4 4.2%
  • Duke

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Miami

Votes: 14 14.6%
  • Notre Dame

Votes: 73 76.0%

We are now less than three weeks from the FSU football team reporting for fall camp. So I thought it might to fun to start looking ahead and start asking some questions about the upcoming season.

What game do you think will be FSU's toughest road game this season?

8-24 vs. Georgia Tech (Dublin)
9-28 @ SMU
10/18 @Duke
10/26 @Miami
11/9 @ Notre Dame
ADVERTISEMENT

Filter

ADVERTISEMENT