ADVERTISEMENT

#100pagesnatty Thread 11/08/18 #63pagesnattynumber1 #106pagesnattynumber2

So no Cristobal, no Leavitt. The two big FL catches. We’ll see about some of the other assistants from Oregon that he wanted to bring over. It’s getting late. Not sure what that says about Taggart if none of his guys come along with him. Hopefully he fills these positions soon because it possibly has an affect on the early signing period. Especially with some of these CB’s that apparently interested. Will Coach Taggarts ability to relate to them be enough or are they wondering who will actually coach their positions and overall unit? We’ll see.

So no Cristobal, no Leavitt. The two big FL catches. We’ll see about some of the other assistants from Oregon that he wanted to bring over. It’s getting late. Not sure what that says about Taggart if none of his guys come along with him. Hopefully he fills these positions soon because it possibly has an affect on the early signing period. Especially with some of these CB’s that apparently interested. Will Coach Taggarts ability to relate to them be enough or are they wondering who will actually coach their positions and overall unit? We’ll see.
Cristobal was offered the HC job at Oregon, and Leavitt is now one of the highest paid DCs at $1.7 million a year. This has less to do with Taggart and more to do with great opportunities to stay put.

Cristobal was offered the HC job at Oregon, and Leavitt is now one of the highest paid DCs at $1.7 million a year. This has less to do with Taggart and more to do with great opportunities to stay put.

I realize that but the initial appeal of Taggart was not only his recruiting ability and love for FSU. It included his staff full of former FL coaches and recruiters. I’d like to know if Taggart is surprised by this or if he knew and has a backup plan.

Reactions: NoleLizards
Hard to blame Taggart for Oregon throwing stupid money at those two. I am sure we will get some other good candidates and we are FSU and will be able to recruit Florida just fine.

giphy.gif

He is one of the highest paid DCs because they watched Cristobal call plays in the bowl game, I suspect.

Reactions: FSUTribe76
eu6yms6g27f8odfnbkbp

SOURCES: Oregon RB coach Donte Pimpleton joining Florida State's staff

Oregon running backs coach Donte Pimpleton will coach the same position at Florida State under former Ducks coach Willie Taggart, according to sources,.

Pimpleton becomes the first Oregon assistant coach that Taggart has hired away from the Ducks since he left UO on Dec. 4 after one season but he likely won't be the last.

Pimpleton joined the Ducks' staff last winter after spending two seasons coaching running backs under Taggart at South Florida. Pimpleton first coached under Taggart at Western Kentucky where he worked with the wide receivers.

The pair were teammates at Western Kentucky where Taggart played quarterback and Pimpleton played wide receiver.

Taggart's hiring of Pimpleton kicks off the assistant coach watch at Oregon.

The Ducks elevated Mario Cristobal from co-offensive coordinator to head coach. Cristobal has named Marcus Arroyo as offensive coordinator. Also, Oregon has reportedly retained defensive coordinator Jim Leavitt.

However, the status of defensive line coach Joe Salave'a, cornerbacks coach Charles Clark, safeties coach Keith Heyward, wide receivers coach Michael Johnson and outside linebackers coach and special teams coordinator Raymond Woodie remain uncertain.

According to a source there is a good chance that at least one more current Oregon assistant will join Taggart at Florida State. Woodie appears to be a logical choice given that he was Taggart's defensive coordinator in 2016 at South Florida.

Last week, Taggart also added former Oregon State running backs coach Telly Lockette to his FSU staff as the tight ends coach.

http://www.nbcsports.com/northwest/...-donte-pimpleton-joining-florida-states-staff

pair were teammates at Western Kentucky where Taggart played quarterback and Pimpleton played wide receiver.”

Well, at least we won’t have to worry about personal loyalties with assistant coaches becoming an issue...

*Please don't link articles from competing sites.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jaiden Woodbey 5 Star Safety flipped to a nole!!! Wow. Guy was a huge nole fan and Jimbo never even recruited him. Taggart flips him from Ohio State in 8 days. Bigly.

Shows you how pathetic Jimbo efforts at recruiting were. He undid his legacy and lost all good will with how he conducted himself the last 6 weeks here.

Yeah, that was shameful.

When this stuff first started I was in the “give Jimbo whatever he wants” camp. But the more I read about what was happening behind the scenes especially recruiting....I’m 100% glad he’s gone. And I don’t think that’s just sour grapes.

Agreed. This whole absentee recruiting effort has really changed my opinion of him.

I am happy some of the media have been calling him out over this and some of his other actions. Whether we win 8, 10, or 12 games, I'm much more interested in FSU football than I have been in the past year. I've always been a fan and supported the team, but the energy feels different.

My guess is his new girlfriend was in his ear 24/7 about getting a fresh start in a new location.

We've all known people who changed almost overnight under after meeting someone new. It happens.

Both parties are clearly better off.

Yes, but what were the assistants doing? Just sitting on their hands? They are hired to recruit. Did Jimbolt just tell them, hey, we'll get this after the season is over?

Thats a great question. No idea. But clearly from some of the recruit's comments, they expected Jimbo and got nada. Hard to tell on if they were getting Asst Coaches or not. But clearly some of these kids were expecting the head coach. Or got him then he ghosted on them later in the season once he knew the future. And as southgateNole indicates, it may have been as early as October. As I said before, the speed that a $75 million contract was created with apparently no other coaches being discussed for TAMU, they had this organized a long time before the uf game. I wonder if the assistants knew any of this.

I am happy some of the media have been calling him out over this and some of his other actions. Whether we win 8, 10, or 12 games, I'm much more interested in FSU football than I have been in the past year. I've always been a fan and supported the team, but the energy feels different.

Yep. The energy of the half filled crowd at Haggins game was better than any of the crowds at nonClemson/Miami/Florida games.

Last edited:
Yep. The energy of the half filled crowd at Haggins game was better than any of the crowds at nonClemson/FSU/Florida games.
I can believe that. We used to get scared that the erector set, fullup with 40K +, was gonna tumble down when Pajic, Sellers, Huff, Barry Smith, Tom Bailey, Dale McCullers, JT Thomas, Eddie McMillian and others were breaking bad. It is not always the size of the crowd, but more the size of their involvement... we would stomp feet and yell like hell. That place was loud.

I can believe that. We used to get scared that the erector set, fullup with 40K +, was gonna tumble down when Pajic, Sellers, Huff, Barry Smith, Tom Bailey, Dale McCullers, JT Thomas, Eddie McMillian and others were breaking bad. It is not always the size of the crowd, but more the size of their involvement... we would stomp feet and yell like hell. That place was loud.

Yeah, there was a Miami game where we got an oski on Miami's first play, followed by an end around run for a touchdown. I'd brought a Domer friend of mine down for the game, and said he wished Notre Dame Stadium got that crazy.

Reactions: billanole
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT