ADVERTISEMENT

#100pagesnatty Thread 11/08/18 #63pagesnattynumber1 #106pagesnattynumber2

So did everyone see the drama over the last two days about fsu not technically being bowl eligible? Some neckbeard on reddit cam up with a stat that Delaware State didn't have enough scholarship players. Fsu pointed out that academic and other financial support counts.
Seminoles confirm bowl eligibility amid scrutiny http://es.pn/2pjfk0I
via @ESPN App http://es.pn/app

Reactions: FSUTribe76
So did everyone see the drama over the last two days about fsu not technically being bowl eligible? Some neckbeard on reddit cam up with a stat that Delaware State didn't have enough scholarship players. Fsu pointed out that academic and other financial support counts.
Seminoles confirm bowl eligibility amid scrutiny http://es.pn/2pjfk0I
via @ESPN App http://es.pn/app
It's amazing how having FSU in a headline draws attention and clicks that few schools can rival.

Thought I would drop this off here.
https://www.si.com/college-football/2017/12/22/national-signing-day-team-rankings-recruiting-classes

LOSERS
Texas A&M: For the Aggies, the most dispiriting aspect of the early signing period involved not what they didn’t do, but what other Power 5 programs in the state of Texas did do. Namely, Texas signed the No. 3 class in the country heading into Christmas, according to 247Sports, and Baylor assembled the No. 21 haul despite winning only one game this season.

New Texas A&M head coach Jimbo Fisher and his staff have time to make major gains in this cycle, including with highly regarded prospects like four-star wide receivers Jaylen Waddle and Joshua Moore and former safety commit Leon O’Neal Jr., but there’s more pressure for a strong close now that the Longhorns have assembled a star-studded haul capable of catapulting them back into the Power 5’s upper crust. Texas A&M also lost a commitment from four-star defensive tackle Bobby Brown on Wednesday.

Reactions: mcgrawfsu
Jim Henry has tweeted that S&C coach Vic Viloria has his house on the market. @FSUTribe76 get an offer in!

Lol, you know I honestly tried to find the address to see what it was going for. Because I’m not in the market for Jimbo’s McMansion but a weight trainer? Might even have some gym equipment I can ship over to PCB.

Reactions: DFSNOLE
Perhaps......At the end of the season, I will evaluate all portions of this team and take appropriate actions, if needed, to have the best coached and prepared team. Not more coach speak.

What did you honestly expect him to say midseason? o_O

Thats true, had he blasted his coaches mid season, esp after trying and failing after last season, it would have been even worse. Jimbo could have handled the whole thing better, but I see how he kept a game face on in a bad situation. Some of his own making, some he was unable to rectify. I'm just glad it's over, but this thread needs to continue.

Agree with TallNole, something in the middle would have been best. "All positions, coaching and playing, will be evaluated at the end of season and those who give us the best chance to win will remain."

Perhaps......At the end of the season, I will evaluate all portions of this team and take appropriate actions, if needed, to have the best coached and prepared team. Not more coach speak.
FSU finished at #25 in total defense while playing the #4 overall schedule and they were not helped at all by the offense and their true Frosh QB. It's not like they ranked in the bottom half of the NCAA.

Reactions: billanole
FSU finished at #25 in total defense while playing the #4 overall schedule and they were not helped at all by the offense and their true Frosh QB. It's not like they ranked in the bottom half of the NCAA.
Nice post. There was such a crescendo of Kelly hate that a fairly stout defense was poor mouthed repeatedly. Did they give up a seemingly crazy number of third down plays? It seemed so, but as DFS notes, it was overall a tough schedule and the offense was certainly not at their best very often.

Nice post. There was such a crescendo of Kelly hate that a fairly stout defense was poor mouthed repeatedly. Did they give up a seemingly crazy number of third down plays? It seemed so, but as DFS notes, it was overall a tough schedule and the offense was certainly not at their best very often.
As it usually does, perception became the reality. Cue @cmanole to post his favorite gif for me.

As it usually does, perception became the reality. Cue @cmanole to post his favorite gif for me.
tumblr_static_white_knight.jpg

The trend of his defenses getting worse and worse each year was more troubling than the absolutely putrid performance this year...

My comment was not about Kelly and the defense. It was about fisher and his coach speak. Seems fisher did not have utmost confidence in Kelly considering the #25 defense. You asked what should he have said, I posted it.

My comment was not about Kelly and the defense. It was about fisher and his coach speak. Seems fisher did not have utmost confidence in Kelly considering the #25 defense. You asked what should he have said, I posted it.

You mean it wasn't the big red giant he hired to hold him back by the belt?

B7Zigi6CcAA87Cl.jpg:large

Expected him to fire Kelly the previous year, not give him an extension and a raise.

O96Jj.gif

But with all the rumors of him wanting to and not being able to just support the "Screw you I am moving to Texas where I can do what I want." "Oh, and they have better facilities" with less titles.

I do confess, I am excited about watching FSU football next year, but will likely be watching every Aggie game as well.

I will watch the Aggies games the same way I do Florida. Ie watch for them to lose and if they look like they’re winning turn it off.

Reactions: funksouljon
Who is going to root against Texas A&M next year?

giphy.gif

Ha, so I was birthed in Austin and took a visit near the end of HS as a consideration. I have grown up with Tamu being "the other school" and dumb Aggie jokes so I sort of always rooted against them quietly. I have a HUGELY irritating cousin who is a big Aggie fan. I didn't need much to begin rooting against them.

Did anyone else make it to the game in NY back in '98. Seems like a lifetime ago, but I had to borrow my GF's Jeep so a buddy and I could drive from VA to NY to watch the game. Early up, watched the game drove home same day. We were so poor it was better to just road warrior it home.

And FSU v Tamu all time stats http://www.winsipedia.com/texas-am/vs/florida-state
Still not sure how FSU can be leading aTm in all those categories what with the better facilities. Just odd.

Did anyone else make it to the game in NY back in '98. Seems like a lifetime ago, but I had to borrow my GF's Jeep so a buddy and I could drive from VA to NY to watch the game. Early up, watched the game drove home same day. We were so poor it was better to just road warrior it home.

And FSU v Tamu all time stats http://www.winsipedia.com/texas-am/vs/florida-state
Still not sure how FSU can be leading aTm in all those categories what with the better facilities. Just odd.
Was at that game and the Cotton Bowl in 91(?).
We won.

I don’t think that will happen as he makes too much as an analyst. But I bet he starts actually helping instead of hurting our recruiting
Stuff all over fb saying it's a possibility. He's coached and I don't think he's hard up for cash...

Reactions: FSUTribe76
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT