ADVERTISEMENT

2018 LR Fitness & Weight Loss Thread

Research has shown that it’s no better or worse than linear dieting with set daily macros.
Alan Aragon wrote an article (plus research) on this very topic.

But again, if it works for you, then by all means.

Yep. It's really more of a tool to control caloric intake.

Yeah, basically anything you can do to eat less on a regular basis...

Here is my 5 day diet when needing to drop a quick 5-8 pounds.

Breakfast: 7-8am
1 cup of egg whites
Smoothie: big hand full of kale, 1 banana, cinnamon and Splenda to your liking, add water. No ice is in this smoothie. I mix it in the larger nutri-bullet container. I fill with water all the way to top and the chug it in one to two pulls. It’s probably 16oz of water that add.

Snack: 10:30am
3 peanut butter crackers (the kind that are pre-made and cheap). This snack is to keep blood sugar from dropping. Not meant for anything else.

Lunch: 12-1pm
1/2lbs of ground turkey meat
1/4 can of black beans
1/2 small Avacoda

Cooking directions: this makes several servings of the above.

Cook 3 pounds of ground turkey meat, drain grease, then add 2 cans of black beans not drained and mix. Let simmer on low with lid on for 5-10 minutes. I taste a bean to make sure they are soft. Add a little bit of water if needed.

Again, this makes several servings . Add 1/2 of a fresh mashed up small avacoda to serving before you eat.

Season to liking. I like cavanders and paparika with a little Louisiana hot sauce.

This meal is phenomenal, you will be impressed with how tasty it is.

Snack: 3-4pm
3 peanut butter crackers

Dinner: 6:30 - 7:30pm
Salad

half chicken breast (or whole chicken breast if it’s a small bird) grill to liking. I like to cook in pan with Pam, cavenders and paparika. 1/3 of a head of iceberg lettuce, tomato, banana peppers, 2 parts balsamic, 1 part blue cheese mixed.

Drink water all day long. You should be constantly peeing. I’ll do a cup of coffee in the morning as well.

Rinse, wash, repeat.

If you are exercising while on this diet, or even going for walks, the weight will fall right off. Regardless, by day 5 you will see a big difference in your face and skin, everything will look tight and people close to you will see a big difference....gar-ron-teed!

Last edited:
Reactions: cmanole
Here is my 5 day diet when needing to drop a quick 5-8 pounds.

Breakfast: 7-8am
1 cup of egg whites
Smoothie: big hand full of kale, 1 banana, cinnamon and Splenda to your liking, add water. No ice is in this smoothie. I mix it in the larger nutri-bullet container. I fill with water all the way to top and the chug it in one to two pulls. It’s probably 16oz of water that add.

Snack: 10:30am
3 peanut butter crackers (the kind that are pre-made and cheap). This snack is to keep blood sugar from dropping. Not meant for anything else.

Lunch: 12-1pm
1/2lbs of ground turkey meat
1/4 can of black beans
1/2 small Avacoda

Cooking directions: this makes several servings of the above.

Cook 3 pounds of ground turkey meat, drain grease, then add 2 cans of black beans not drained and mix. Let simmer on low with lid on for 5-10 minutes. I taste a bean to make sure they are soft. Add a little bit of water if needed.

Again, this makes several servings . Add 1/2 of a fresh mashed up small avacoda to serving before you eat.

Season to liking. I like cavanders and paparika with a little Louisiana hot sauce.

This meal is phenomenal, you will be impressed with how tasty it is.

Snack: 3-4pm
3 peanut butter crackers

Dinner: 6:30 - 7:30pm
Salad

half chicken breast (or whole chicken breast if it’s a small bird) grill to liking. I like to cook in pan with Pam, cavenders and paparika. 1/3 of a head of iceberg lettuce, tomato, banana peppers, 2 parts balsamic, 1 part blue cheese mixed.

Drink water all day long. You should be constantly peeing. I’ll do a cup of coffee in the morning as well.

Rinse, wash, repeat.

If you are exercising while on this diet, or even going for walks, the weight will fall right off. Regardless, by day 5 you will see a big difference in your face and skin, everything will look tight and people close to you will see a big difference....gar-ron-teed!

giphy.gif

I'm having trouble with getting my abs to flatten out.
I have scar tissue from 2 C-sections (BIG babies) and emergency surgery years ago and I don't want to spring for a "Mommy makeover"
Sooo aggravating!

I'm having trouble with getting my abs to flatten out.
I have scar tissue from 2 C-sections (BIG babies) and emergency surgery years ago and I don't want to spring for a "Mommy makeover"
Sooo aggravating!
I'm 6'2" and just checked in at under 180 pounds. When I was a few pounds heavier, my bodyfat measured in the 10-12% range, so it's probably lower now. I STILL don't have any abs or a flat stomach to speak of.

It's a byproduct of weighing 260+ when I was a teen.

Got hydrostatic weighed at work the other day. I'm 6'1" and 178.9 lbs and was 8.8% body fat. Muscle was at 163.07 lbs and fat mass at 15.83 lbs.

I grew up a chunky kid with poor self-esteem and finally did something about it four years ago and lost the weight. So this was very nice to see for me.

This morning I was 214. Still losing the weight slow and steady. Started to work out more regularly and increasing the intensity lately. Much easier to do now with less weight on. 15 lbs from my second goal and 22 from

Goal 1 - 220 lbs (done)
Goal 2 - 199 lbs (in progress)
Goal 3 - maintain between 190 -195

I was down 14lbs for the year and then the multiple trips to Tallahassee started. Orientation, Summer move-in, Summer move-out, and Fall move-in. I am now only down 8lbs for the year. I blame the Maple Street Biscuit Company!

I am probably up about 4 pounds for the year. I used to count my bites which made me eat a lot less.

The main reason Americans are so overweight is because we eat too much. Try counting your bites. I used to try not to eat more than 40 bites of food a day.

Well, I was lifting 3-4 days a week, and jogging 1-2 miles 4-5 days a week.

Have elbow tendinitis now, so no luftiliay all, and switched to the elliptical. After 3 weeks of that, 5-6 times a week, I am now going 4 miles in about 23 minutes, and burning about 650-700 calories each time.

Unfortunately, that has coincided with increased cold beer consumption, so I'm hovering at 221-222.

Have to stop drinking 3-4 beers a day, and that should (hopefully) help me shed 15-20.

I'd love to get back down to 190 again, but would be super happy @ 200.

Well, I was lifting 3-4 days a week, and jogging 1-2 miles 4-5 days a week.

Have elbow tendinitis now, so no luftiliay all, and switched to the elliptical. After 3 weeks of that, 5-6 times a week, I am now going 4 miles in about 23 minutes, and burning about 650-700 calories each time.

Unfortunately, that has coincided with increased cold beer consumption, so I'm hovering at 221-222.

Have to stop drinking 3-4 beers a day, and that should (hopefully) help me shed 15-20.

I'd love to get back down to 190 again, but would be super happy @ 200.

That's well over 10 mph.......for 23 minutes. Pretty damn impressive, if you ask me.

Reactions: booker20
That's well over 10 mph.......for 23 minutes. Pretty damn impressive, if you ask me.
What i really want is a 5 minute mile average so I get more cardio. I can get 1 miles in about 4:45, but because I'm 6-1, I have to squat a bit to move fast enough for that, and it's a quad destroyer lol

Now doing 5 miles each time, somewhere around 26-27 minutes, and burning between 700-800 calories. Before I ate supper tonight, I was at a calorie deficit for the day.

:) Thanks - I appreciate the encouragement.
I hope you are remaining encouraged and getting the results you want. In my current workouts, I truly feel a sense of satisfaction. All those those sweating grueling hours really does pay off! Its like burning all my candles at both ends. Just keep your eye on the prize!

So bc of elbow tendinitis, I've focused on cardio. After a couple months on the eliellipti, I started a new workout Samsung Health suggested, called Fat Incinerator.

First day was HIIT on the treadmill. 5 minute jog, then alternate 1 minute run/1 minute walk, finish w/ 5 minute run. Total ass kicker after not jogging for a few months.

Today was a circuit of 10 minute jog, push-ups, air bike, box jumps, and medicine ball throw. 3 sets of each. Kids were off school today, so wasn't able to do the entire thing bc of time. .. just felt like I needed to change things up.

How about a holiday update?

Checking in at 213... The elliptical has become my drug of choice to give the shins a break from the treadmill and my elbows/shoulders a break from lifting.

Today, 5 miles in 25:49, and according to runkeeper, around 750 calories burned.

I slowly got down to about 180 from a high of 192 in March. Normally I would start bulking in November, but have stayed lean because I went on a cruise last week.

With that behind me, I'll start gradually bulking and focus on building strength through mid-February or so. I don't want to get heavier than about 188 or so.

I posted on here that I started the keto diet on July 25th 2018. I'm down 40 lbs from 248 to 208 and have been in the gym about 5/6 days a week. Anyone want a shirtless pic?

Reactions: booker20
I posted on here that I started the keto diet on July 25th 2018. I'm down 40 lbs from 248 to 208 and have been in the gym about 5/6 days a week. Anyone want a shirtless pic?
Yes! Let’s see that six pack.

1. FYI if you make a milkshake with the Bluebell Mardi Gras King cake flavor it will totally pass for a spinach smoothie

ADVERTISEMENT