ADVERTISEMENT

4 letter network actually has nice things to say about our facilities...

loutil

Veteran Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Dec 20, 2004
Where the FSU job stands
Andrea Adelson: This is still one of the elite jobs in the country. Jimbo Fisher has gotten frustrated with an inability to keep up with facilities. But Florida State still has some of the best facilities available. They have completely renovated their stadium. They've redone the coaching offices, the meeting space, the locker room. They have a nice indoor practice facility. They just don't have every single bell and whistle. I still think any coach who comes in there has a program ready-made to win with recruits.

Adam Rittenberg: This feels a lot more like Fisher needing to move on and not necessarily being hamstrung by the Florida State job. Whatever FSU doesn't have, it certainly hasn't kept it from signing top-five recruiting classes year after year. If that's the measure of whether you have enough or you need more, it seems like it has enough.

Mark Schlabach: I still think it's one of the top 10-15 jobs in the country. I don't think it's quite as attractive as it was maybe five years ago because the ACC is more competitive now. Before it was Florida State and everybody else. Now it's Florida State and Miami and Virginia Tech and Clemson, so the path to the playoff isn't as easy as it was when Fisher took over. But the recruiting base is there, the facilities are adequate. They've made a commitment to football, despite Fisher annually wanting raises for assistant coaches and upgrades for facilities. The location's fantastic because you can still recruit kids from Miami, and you can pull kids from south Georgia, so you can get all the players you need within a 500-mile radius.

Adelson: FSU has by far the best facilities in the state of Florida. It's not even a comparison when compared to Miami and Florida. Even though Florida has its new facility in the works, I think the gap will still exist because Florida State still has plans for this standalone facility, it just had a problem logistically figuring out where to put it because there's limited space on campus. When Florida State does get that, it will put it even further ahead.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News