ADVERTISEMENT

45-0 USF v Syracuse

I went to the game. Syracuse was starting a tight end at qb. They had zero speed on both sides of the ball. Syracuse also had no coach. The results are not surprising.
Yet somehow they were 3.5-point favorites. Strange....

I have not watched a single college football game since Army beat Navy! A group of 13 talking heads saying that FSU went undefeated in a Power 5 Conference (well, the ACC is a Power 5 Conference on paper any way) should not go to the playoffs, behind two teams with losses. 17 and 18 year kids who have no honor or integrity because there word means nothing. I don’t want to hear about any 17 or 18 year old kid who gives a verbal commitment to FSU. I will believe it when the ink hits the paper next December.

But KUDOS to the BOT in doing their best to get us out of the ACC. To President McCullough, Peter Collins, Michael Alford, et al. And thank you Curt, Jerry, Fish, Bob and whoever else I may have forgotten for keeping us all in the loop.

I don’t intend to watch any with the exception of the Orange Bowl. It’s so sad. There was a time years ago when I really did like the ACC, but those days are long gone.

Among other things, the CFP committee is making many bowl games so irrelevant that there is little reason to play them. Given all the changes going on in college football, maybe it’s time to only have the playoff games as the bowl games.

Among other things, the CFP committee is making many bowl games so irrelevant that there is little reason to play them. Given all the changes going on in college football, maybe it’s time to only have the playoff games as the bowl games.
I agree, they're played for money... but, when the norm is for star players to opt out, more and more fans and alumni will also opt out, so I wonder what is the shelf life of these bowl games.

Can't remember his name but former db coach at uga
Fran Brown. Syracuse has been quite active in the portal with seven commitments...They include Kyle McCord and three UGa transfers who are following Brown.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT