ADVERTISEMENT

4th Down Analytics....

Fishbits

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Staff
Aug 1, 2022
I would really like to know what the percentage is of each team who goes for it on 4th down. Last night Texas State was up 21-7. They were starting to take control of their game vs. Arizona State. They give up a touchdown and now are up 21-14 with about 3 minutes left in the half. They have a 4th and six from ASU 40. Instead of punting after ASU scored on their last drive their coach goes for it. Less than a minute later ASU scores and makes it 21-21. WHY.....WHY.....WHY....Not just punt it. You are doing well. Maybe just maybe you get another stop and get the ball back but going into the half with the lead and not tied at 21 when you were up five minutes earlier by two scores means something.

The Dolphins game....Dolphins HC who I actually really like and think is a very good play caller. Bills are up 17-7. You are still in the game. NO....Gotta go for it on 4th down from the Bills 40. They get the stop and the Bills score to go up 24-7 and basically the game is over. These coaches treat 4th down now like it is just another call. I get it...Play the percentages but some teams are just not good at converting 4th down. Punt the gosh damn ball and live another down. These caoches basically take away chances at winning games. I am against the 4th down calls in the 1st and early 2nd quarters.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.