ADVERTISEMENT

A loyal supporter's reaction to Jimbo and the Fan....

puffdaddy911

Seminole Insider
Sep 18, 2006
First, let me say that instead of "sticking to the process", it appears that the process is sticking it to us "inches" at the time and I don't feel that love Jimbo is talking about......somebody needs to get a new process.

However, that butt wipe I saw on video yelling at the team and the coaches doesn't deserve to wear garnet and gold or grace the confines of Doak. That behavior that close to the field and players after an emotional loss is ridiculous and some of the more self respecting fans around him needed to step in and shut him up.... Many of those kids coming off that field are there for their love of the game and will never make a dime playing it. Many of the support staff are putting their heart and souls into their jobs with little appreciation shown anyhow. They don't need that crap. There is a time and place to give the coaches hell, but that ain't it.

Finally, Jimbo is the face of the program. He should have peeps that can respond for him, without him sullying the school or the program. As it is, he embarrassed himself, the program, and the school. Its certainly not a good example for his players, (especially those that come from less disciplined backgrounds), and it is not a behavior he can condone in his players. Then his response later was wrong too. He shouldn't have made excuses for himself. He should have said I made a mistake. Neither I, my staff or my players should behave like that....and move on.....

All that being said, the stubble, the hair change, the open collars, the broken record news conferences, the losses, the outbursts, the explanations, the homelife crap he has been through......I hope and pray for him, his kids, his team, his university, and seminoles everywhere that we are not witnessing a meltdown, but I can not convince myself that we are not. Some people value loyalty over all, and if you just had someone really stick it to you like a spouse, you might cling to that even more so......that may be another reason for some of his decisions, but that can't explain pre 2014 can it.

OH MY!

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News