ADVERTISEMENT

Ads that pop up on sites.

bcherod

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Tallahassee
I never expected this on Rivals nor any other site, so I have a question for everyone.

Does anyone else get ads in Spanish? I do, and I wonder if it is because of my visiting web sites in other languages.

So, not only FB, but others track your web surfing history, and ads pop up according to the assumed preferences?

Reactions: BrianNole777
I never expected this on Rivals nor any other site, so I have a question for everyone.

Does anyone else get ads in Spanish? I do, and I wonder if it is because of my visiting web sites in other languages.

So, not only FB, but others track your web surfing history, and ads pop up according to the assumed preferences?
Yes they do. Especially Google. Even Netflix does this with movies. You watch a couple in a foreign language and your menu will change.

Yes they do. Especially Google. Even Netflix does this with movies. You watch a couple in a foreign language and your menu will change.
I've noticed that with Google and Netflix.

I just wondered and wanted to be sure. The Spanish always shows up, but I watch and read stuff in other languages, but the French, German and Portuguese have not shown up yet.

But another interesting tidbit, is that if I search O Estado de Sao Paulo or Globo, I'm directed to their English page with the option of switching to Portuguese.

I've noticed that with Google and Netflix.

I just wondered and wanted to be sure. The Spanish always shows up, but I watch and read stuff in other languages, but the French, German and Portuguese have not shown up yet.

But another interesting tidbit, is that if I search O Estado de Sao Paulo or Globo, I'm directed to their English page with the option of switching to Portuguese.
That's based on your IP address I believe.

You can change your settings in your browser to block ads and redirects. I added Ad Blocker to mine which stops sites from accessing your browsing history and sending ads.

Reactions: bcherod
I use duck duck go browser. You can get it at Google Play store or istore or add an extension to your Chrome brower. It also speeds up web sites because it blocks a lot of the traffic and ads that load. You still get some ads, but not as money. It shows you what it blocked.

You can also get a duck.com email when subscribing to sites. It removes all the tracking information from advertising emails.

You do lose some of your search history though.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT