ADVERTISEMENT

Ah well.

Hmm. Anyone planning a trip? Grandkids being born? Family events? Reunions? I love reading about what my Nole friends are doing.

I’m taking my youngest brother and my sister in law over to visit our last surviving Aunt in Alabama this month. She’s 86 and he has Parkinson’s and wanted to visit her one last time. 😕. He also went to FSU (Class of ‘75/ATO) but has not been able to get to Tally in years. I’ve promised to give him the Grand Tour.

I’m also planning to go to Ireland in August for our game. Anyone else making that trip?

75, that’s when I graduated high school!

Love Alabama, not the big red “A”’s you see everywhere

Daughter went to Samford!

Drove to Ocala today, work

Plan on islamorada end of April, mahi time!

When too hot this summer going to visit son in coast guard

I think it’s pretty cool you’re going to see your relative!

It will mean a lot to all!

Reactions: goldmom
I'll be in Ireland for the game. I'll be working in Germany anyway most of August so it's an easy trip. Also, will be going over in June for the Euros to see a few matches and work on the house.

I spent some time last month on Oahu and then watched my brother-in-law defend his dissertation last week. This week, I am going to a wedding in downtown LA, and next month, we are taking the dog to play in the Russian River. We have been considering going to the Iron Bowl this year, as well. I thought about trying to swing the Dublin game, but we are already doing a trip to Scotland this year.
What's the flight time from LA? Sometimes I connect through Dallas to London and its an easy 9 hours.

It is, though the break in London makes it more bearable. Trips to southeast Asia and Australia feel interminable, but I am guessing flying to India is even more challenging.
My friend’s daughter married an Australian and she travels from Dallas to visit 3-4 times a year. I think she goes from DFW to Honolulu and spends the night and then on to Australia. She says she just has to get off the plane and walk.

My friend’s daughter married an Australian and she travels from Dallas to visit 3-4 times a year. I think she goes from DFW to Honolulu and spends the night and then on to Australia. She says she just has to get off the plane and walk.
That's how our DFW airline crews were scheduled. 24hrs in Honolulu, 36 hrs in Sidney, 24 hrs in Honolulu again, and then home.

It is, though the break in London makes it more bearable. Trips to southeast Asia and Australia feel interminable, but I am guessing flying to India is even more challenging.
Southeast Asia, Japan and Korea are manageable with a stopover. I try to do Seattle or SFO as it breaks the trip up some. Australia is a bear either way. If I have to do India or the Middle East I go through Europe. My last trip I did Tokyo, Seoul then Frankfurt and London instead of going back through the states.

A coworker just did the New York to Singapore flight and said it was a beast. Ill stick to stopovers in Tokyo or Hawaii.

I think United and Jet Blue goes from the east coast right to Edinburgh. Two six hour flights with a stopover would be easy. Delta has a Boston flight too.

We are going to Aberdeen and St. Andrews this time, so the layover is at Heathrow for the flight to ABZ.
St Andrews is awesome. One thing though is that the town doesn't have a train station, so you get off in Leuchars then take a bus. I was there for the Open, so they had busses running from the train station to the golf course which is an easy walk to town as well. You can get the tickets when you buy train tickets. If you're driving, it's no problem until you want to park.

When I was stationed in Holland, I tried for 2 years to go cross country in the F4 to Leuchars and always ended up at RAF Alconbury as the weather needed to be 1500 and 1 to land there.

When I was stationed in Holland, I tried for 2 years to go cross country in the F4 to Leuchars and always ended up at RAF Alconbury as the weather needed to be 1500 and 1 to land there.
Went there once from Aviano and they had some Gen 3's there we used for alert. Flew in and out and that was it. No calls. Good trip by any standard.

Youngest got married in October. Oldest just got engaged while on vaca in Patagonia. they are both doing well at work. We've moved from Jax to Palm Coast, just under a year ago, and loving it. Go to office 3x per week and I don't love that hour drive. Lost our beloved lab mix (13yo) in December. The wife just started working for the poo-lizards' hospital system. Been spending as much time as possible on rail-to-trail rides, kayaking, and pickleball. Haven't played tennis in months. ☹️😢 Might have to get another hip replacement soon.

YES, we are going to Ireland. Got the plane tickets booked. Spending a couple days in London first

I come to EBS from time to time looking for entertainment, news, old tales, etc…
Sister in law and her daughter/family have a house on Cape Cod. So we will go down there this summer a couple of times. Thanksgiving in Utah to see our son; staying in Park City. Doing x-mas in Bartlett, NH this year because our son (a college student) will work as a ski instructor over the break. Have another sister in law that lives over there with two adult children, one with 1 kid and another due this summer. (We use to live over there, so will see friends too). Hopefully its a decent snow season and we can ski. Will see old college buddy who lives in Tampa who visits his sister-in-law annually over that time period. Thats it for now. Wouldn't be surprised if we do a weekend in Montreal (3 hours from here) this summer or fall.

Going to Barcelona in May. First trip to Spain. Anyone with intel I wouldn't find on youtube?
If you have to see La Rambla walk it then leave you don't want to hang out there. Full of tourists and pick pockets. La Boqueria is cool to see but again very touristy and overpriced for Spain. Check out the Gothic Quarter or the neighborhood by the Sants train station. Not as touristy and better restaurants and tapas places. Also, Barcelona is very foodie so you'll find a lot of foo foo type places to eat where you can get salmon flavored sea foam for 50 euros. Hit the tapas bars instead, better food and prices.

If you have a car don't drive in the city. Park at the airport and use public transportation.

Yeah... I wonder why?
ussr GIF

Hmm. Anyone planning a trip? Grandkids being born? Family events? Reunions? I love reading about what my Nole friends are doing.

I’m taking my youngest brother and my sister in law over to visit our last surviving Aunt in Alabama this month. She’s 86 and he has Parkinson’s and wanted to visit her one last time. 😕. He also went to FSU (Class of ‘75/ATO) but has not been able to get to Tally in years. I’ve promised to give him the Grand Tour.

I’m also planning to go to Ireland in August for our game. Anyone else making that trip?
See you there. Getting excited for the season to start.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT