ADVERTISEMENT

Alaska cruise

swflnole

Seminole Insider
May 16, 2003
cape coral, fl
Looking to book an Alaska cruise in August....looks like there are several routes the boats go. One is southbound, another northbound....is one better than the other? Any suggestions for those that have been to Alaska?

thanks

Looking to book an Alaska cruise in August....looks like there are several routes the boats go. One is southbound, another northbound....is one better than the other? Any suggestions for those that have been to Alaska?

thanks

Most round trip voyages (likely Seattle or Vancouver) will take the inside passage and not give you as many different ports. One-way north or south are typically longer and let you hit more ports. I wouldn't say north or south are better/worse than each other, it really depends on what you want to do pre/post cruise. For example, if you take the northbound, you will likely end in a place like Seward where you can easily grab a long land tour. If you want to stay in Vancouver or Seattle after your cruise then take the southbound.

We did roundtrip from Seattle. Hit Ketchikan, Juneau, Skagway, and Victoria Island BC on the way back. Very fun trip. We stayed in Seattle 2 nights before the cruise. If you've never been there, I would recommend that as well.

Alaska cruise was great. departed from Vancouver and did the inside passage. zip lined in Juneau which was fantastic. salmon fished in Ketchikan, land tour in Skagway, and saw hubbard glacier. have fun.

Reactions: FSUDoles
We made our final payment last Saturday on the Celebrity Solstice for June 5-12....Seattle....stops mentioned above....then end back in Seattle. I would put our odds of making that trip now at less than 50%. Celebrity has been great about cancel policies....even though we purchased insurance through them....I’m pissed...

We just went ahead and cancelled our cruise for 3/22 - 3/29 and NCL gave us full credit for a future cruise but it sucks. Ultimately, we couldn't risk getting quarantined on a boat and missing that much work especially after the state department has said that Americans shouldn't be cruising right now, i'm sure they won't be in any rush to bring people back if there is a potential outbreak on the ship.

Reactions: FSUDoles
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT