ADVERTISEMENT

Another rocky movie?

Agree Creed was good.

Pretty sorry to see that the director isn't back for Creed 2, and they're going with the Drago thing. I kind of expect it to suck.

Rocky
Rocky IV
Rocky II
Rocky Balboa
Creed
Rocky III
—————————— Good/ entertaining line
Hell/ Inferno
Rocky V

Reactions: ericram
I know there's a lot of love for Rocky IV, and entertaining is in the eye of the beholder, but ooh boy that movie is terrible. I remember thinking it was really dumb when I was 13 and it came out, but I was really into boxing and I kind of chalked it up to that in my memory, that it was an issue of having unrealistic expectations of veracity.

But I circled through the Rocky I - IV cycle with my son before Creed came out, and man IV is all kinds of stupid. They've all got their issues, particularly after the first one, especially when you watch them close together, but my god Rocky IV is a special kind of awful.

Rocky Balboa was indeed pretty good. There is no Rocky V that I'm aware of.

In IV, the Creed-Drago pre-fight show was awesomely tacky; the juxtaposed Rocky/Drago training sequences were great, and the rest of it was as dumb as a box of bearded dragons.

So, does Creed's kid to say, "If he dies, he dies."

I know there's a lot of love for Rocky IV, and entertaining is in the eye of the beholder, but ooh boy that movie is terrible. I remember thinking it was really dumb when I was 13 and it came out, but I was really into boxing and I kind of chalked it up to that in my memory, that it was an issue of having unrealistic expectations of veracity.

But I circled through the Rocky I - IV cycle with my son before Creed came out, and man IV is all kinds of stupid. They've all got their issues, particularly after the first one, especially when you watch them close together, but my god Rocky IV is a special kind of awful.

Rocky Balboa was indeed pretty good. There is no Rocky V that I'm aware of.

It’s the music in IV that seals it as a solid Rocky movie... <only slightly kidding>

mask_eric_stoltz.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT