ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone been to the St Pete Ribfest?

FSUTribe76

Veteran Seminole Insider
Jan 23, 2008
The sheer volume of geezer Rock on saturday is looking good to me as is Bret Michaels on Friday.

http://ribfest.org/main-stage/

I've never been so what's the low down? I usually go to Bonnaroo (not this year though as the lineup wasn't worth the hassle and lack of sleep) and Next Big Thing but that's about it for usual festivals. I'm not usually into geezer rock but over the last three years we've caught a fair amount of geezer bands at Universal like Lynyrd Skynyrd, Foreigner, Heart, Huey Lewis, Stix, etc... So I thought....what the aitch, sounds like fun.

I've been a few times, but not recently - probably 5 or 6 years ago, maybe more. Fun event; usually have a mix of music, ranging from old rock, to blues, sometimes a day that's more country. Bunch of food trucks/tents selling variety of bbq, beer tents, portolets, and a massive mix of people running the gamut from uppity folk to those people of walmart.

Always had a good time when I went. Good food, good old music, and great place to people-watch.

Reactions: FSUTribe76
I've been a few times, but not recently - probably 5 or 6 years ago, maybe more. Fun event; usually have a mix of music, ranging from old rock, to blues, sometimes a day that's more country. Bunch of food trucks/tents selling variety of bbq, beer tents, portolets, and a massive mix of people running the gamut from uppity folk to those people of walmart.

Always had a good time when I went. Good food, good old music, and great place to people-watch.

Yeah if you look at the main events Friday is basically a slightly younger group, Sunday is country and Saturday is geezer rock. I'm inclined to go Sat but it's only $20 a day which is ridiculously cheap so I might try to go Friday to see Bret Michaels as well.

I believe the $20 is the gate admission, then you buy food & drinks (at least that's how it has always been). The food vendors will have a variety of bbq, of course mostly featuring ribs. I'd usually get a small sample size order of ribs from a few different places & maybe a full dinner from one & shared with my wife. It's a reasonably cheap day of entertainment, especially if you catch a day with a few bands that you liked back in the day.

That music schedule is typical - usually a day of relatively recent has-beens on Friday, older groups on Saturday, Country and/or blues on Sunday.

Reactions: FSUTribe76
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT