ADVERTISEMENT

The Universal Mardi Gras Concert lineup is out, here it is

FSUTribe76

Veteran Seminole Insider
Jan 23, 2008
Weakest lineup in quite some time maybe ever at least for people like myself who like rock. It's basically a collection of very poppy but diverse old geezer music. Heck, half the lineup is probably playing at Epcot's Geezerfest...I mean Food and Wine Festival.

Feb 4 - Trace Adkins
Feb 11 - Ne Yo
Feb 18 - Collective Soul
Feb 19 - X Ambassadors
Feb 25 - Fifth Harmony
Mar 4 - Kool & The Gang
Mar 5 - Olivia Newton John
Mar 11 - UB40 (more like UB60 now)
Mar 12 - Toby Keith
Mar 18 - Jason Derulo
Mar 19 - Earth Wind & Fire
Mar 25 - All-American Rejects.

So like I said, very underwhelming lineup this year. In the past I've been able to catch older but still decent (albeit lighter) rock acts like Weezer, Fall Out Boy, REO Speedwagon, Lynyrd Skynyrd, the Fray, Huey Lewis & the News, Foreigner, Heart, Steve Miller Band, Pat Benatar, Matchbox 20, Goo Goo Dolls, Sugar Ray, Plain White Ts, Neon Trees, 30 Seconds to Mars, One Republic, 3 Doors Down, Chicago, Bret Michaels, 3rd Eye Blind, and more.

(Heck), I'm actually more excited about the Strawberry Festival lineup this year. They've got at least three that I'm interested in with the Blues Brothers (Dan Akroyd and Jim not John Belushi), 3 Doors Down and Willie Nelson.

But it looks like the larger Music Festival I'm going to this year is Rock on the Range in Columbus. It's got an amazing lineup of Metallica, Soundgarden, Korn, Primus, Coheed and Cambria, Pretty Reckless, The Offspring, Volbeat, Taking Back Sunday, The Dillinger Escape Plan, Gojira, Thrice, Bush, Sum 41, Papa Roach, Alter Bridge, Chevrolet, Taking Back Sunday and more.

Last edited:
Yeah, the only one I'd be interested in at all would be Collective Soul, but now that I live so much further away that's not a trip I'd take for them. If you're a country fan then I guess a few of those are interesting, but nothing great in the rock category.

Yeah, the only one I'd be interested in at all would be Collective Soul, but now that I live so much further away that's not a trip I'd take for them. If you're a country fan then I guess a few of those are interesting, but nothing great in the rock category.

All American Rejects put on a really great concert at Universal but that was only two years ago so I'm less than enthused. I'd rather have someone equivalent who hasn't been there. In fact there's a bunch of do-overs this time as Collective Soul is a redo even though I didn't catch them last time, as is at least Ne Yo, Olivia Newton John, Earth Wind and Fire and Kool and the Gang. I realise for Epcots Food and Wine that's a common thing (heck probably half or 2/3s are annual repeats like Starship) but I expected more from Universal.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT