ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone else watch the Magnum PI reboot last night?

Bill From Tampa

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Apr 1, 2002
We enjoyed it.

Paid a lot of homage to the original series in particular using a slicked up shortened version of the theme song. It was well done.

Had the elements that in part made the original Magnum. Fast car. Fast car in a chase scene. Fast car driving along some really scenic parts of Hawaii. Helicopter. Helicopter flying over some really scenic parts of Hawaii.

It will take a little getting used to with the new characters such as a Magnum who isn't tall and looks like Wilmer Valderama. Higgins is obviously different. But she certainly is eye catching IMO and has more edginess that JQH did.

It will be interesting to see how they develop the characters over time such as the Higgins/Magnum relationship. The competition between the two was a huge part of the series.

Reactions: squiffynole
We enjoyed it.

Paid a lot of homage to the original series in particular using a slicked up shortened version of the theme song. It was well done.

Had the elements that in part made the original Magnum. Fast car. Fast car in a chase scene. Fast car driving along some really scenic parts of Hawaii. Helicopter. Helicopter flying over some really scenic parts of Hawaii.

It will take a little getting used to with the new characters such as a Magnum who isn't tall and looks like Wilmer Valderama. Higgins is obviously different. But she certainly is eye catching IMO and has more edginess that JQH did.

It will be interesting to see how they develop the characters over time such as the Higgins/Magnum relationship. The competition between the two was a huge part of the series.

I watched it. I wondered how they were going to work in the 4th guy and what the reason for the change was....lol. Question answered. I loved the title of the episode. The show lacks the charm of the original, but it is early. I thought Perdita Weeks as Higgins was good and will probably be fine, certainly a pretty girl but I was hoping for some version of John Hillerman 2.0. The guy who plays the new Rick is much better than Larry Manetti...so far, I didn't hate it.

I watched it. I wondered how they were going to work in the 4th guy and what the reason for the change was....lol. Question answered. I loved the title of the episode. The show lacks the charm of the original, but it is early. I thought Perdita Weeks as Higgins was good and will probably be fine, certainly a pretty girl but I was hoping for some version of John Hillerman 2.0. The guy who plays the new Rick is much better than Larry Manetti...so far, I didn't hate it.

You remember who the 4th guy was in the original series right? When the narrating Magnum said his name I said to myself "say what?"

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT